Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cdgodin View Post
    Everyone can breath easily. An interview on IGN has CONFIRMED that DC will publish more than 52 titles in September. So JLI might be the only title getting canceled.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...hes-new-titles
    Well since Didio says they are holding steady to the 52, and cancelling 3 more titles, I'll take his word for it over IGN's.

So...

- Talon: YES!
    - Sword & Sorcery: YES!
    - Team 7: YES!
    - The Phantom Stranger: YES!

In the final, I have: JL, WW, AQ, E2, WF, DCUP, GL (all), DARK (all), Stormwatch, Grifter, Voodoo, Suicide Squad, Night Force, The Shade, BBU, BAH, Smallville, National Comics, Before Watchmen (all), He Man...

And I will add Batman/Detective Comics/Batwoman/Catwoman/BDK/Birds of Prey/Red Hood/B&R/BInc...

Wow... Am I certified for some DC Comics freebies??? I also have all the Vertigo singles...

Yup, a pure DC Comics fans!!!

how does this affect batwoman? she had an issue zero before her series started and batwoman elegy tells you all that you need to know
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Thanks man.

It sounds really good. I was just saying that if he's too happy, it kind of ridicules the whole concept of the Owls, although that could be a nice character trait. Like how Nightwing remains optimistic and happy despite the life he's living and everything fate throws at him.
    It was a wild rollercoaster ride. The gore, themes and violence have nothing to do with how energetic, and colourful it was.
    Well the only one that was fun and colorful was Quitely's arc. Batman Inc is more like that.

Still no Red Robin book?

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    If the art kicks butt, I will definitely give the Team 7 book a chance.
    It's Jesus Merino, that's fairly already assured.

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    how does this affect batwoman? she had an issue zero before her series started and batwoman elegy tells you all that you need to know
    They should really call this one 0 squared for fun.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post
    Team 7 is no surprise, the teases have been going strong about Team 7, so getting their "story", and also more of the early days of the DCU doesn't bother me. I'll read it. I suspect if it's an ongoing, it won't be that long-lasting of one. Just as long as it takes to tell the story they want to tell about Team 7 in the early days ... and then a couple of tacked on issues that never transition into anything strong. Well, unless the first arc ends and they come back with the new covert Modern Day equivalent.
    Team 7 sounds interesting to me, and after you wondered that this team would eventually flash forward to modern day I would have to agree. I'm suddenly thinking that due to the shaky debut the current Birds Of Prey might be one of the other three titles to be cancelled, letting Black Canary move over to the other title, or there might be a big creative shake-up with the team members on BOP and Black Canary might move anyway for that other reason. I'm on board to try the first few issues of Team 7 and also hoping this means that this current awful iteration of BOP gets put out of it's misery.

Looking forward to seeing more Amanda Waller, although I still so dearly miss "The Wall"

And can do without the stick.
    Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 06-08-2012 at 07:21 AM.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Earth 2, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    It could be about Flamebird.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Earth 2, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by starman View Post
    Did a google search of Amethyst to see who she was and apparently she is a violet jewel. She is a Star Sapphire. I'm guessing Deathstroke and Grifter are going to disappear and be absorbed into Team Seven. USA Today has a picture of Talon and he looks special.
    Attachment 94677
    Rob Liefeld tweeted that Deathstroke, Grifter and Hawkman are having 0 issues. So no, they're probably not cancelled.

Egotistical Meglomaniac TJKernan's Avatar

Team 7 Has me excited, though sticking it in the past is very limiting, I hope that doesn't last and they move it forward into present day after an arc or two.

Phantom Stranger seems like an odd choice to sustain his own title, that is a one season kind of title

Talon just seems like NuAzreal, which isn't very new or innovative at all, and a concept that can't seem to sustain a title.

Sword of Sorcery Looks very cool, I hope for the best.

This list kind of disappoints. No Justice League replacement? Where is MM and JLI castoffs gonna go? No WildCATS? No replacements for the Milestone/Minority titles? No KUNG FU? ;)
    Bring back my DC! In the meantime, make mine Marvel and Image!

So to me the questions are (because I've seen some conflicting information):

Will DC be publishing more than 52 series? Best guess from what I've seen - yes, but not necessarily for long, it's just that they might not all end the month before these new series start.
    Will the 2nd Wave books get a 0 issue? I've seen it phrased as "the first wave books that are still around", so I'm thinking not, but that's not a strong feeling. But I can see them thinking that it's too soon or too late (depending on how you look at it) to have 0 issues for these series.
    Will the 3rd Wave books get a 0 issue? The first story I saw suggested not, but subsequent information suggests that they are starting with #0 issues.
    Is Team 7 set in the past or present - I have no idea.
    Last edited by glennsim; 06-08-2012 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post
    He may have never been zombified/transmogrified to begin with (apparently there's a process). Or theoretically, since I don't know that much about it, it could be another Gotham period piece book.
    He escaped before he was zombified.
    In war the elders may give the orders, but it's the young who have to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by beetle_booster View Post
    Rob Liefeld tweeted that Deathstroke, Grifter and Hawkman are having 0 issues. So no, they're probably not cancelled.
    Curses! Foiled again!

Quote Originally Posted by beetle_booster View Post
    I don't think one necessarily constitutes the other. They could still give the cancelled books 0 issues and then end them after, it almost seems like they'd have to.