Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default "The Avengers: EMH" Cancelled, Replaced by "Avengers Assemble"

This rumor's been floating around the Internet for a while, but now it's official. The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes will not be renewed for a third season, and will be replaced by the newly-developed Marvel's Avengers Assemble in 2013.

More details at ComicBookMovie.com: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=61109

This announcement has me baffled. Avengers: EMH is now the third consecutive hit show that Disney has cancelled in the wake of their purchase of Marvel. (Disney cancelled The Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men immediately upon acquiring Marvel. Avengers: EMH was already in development, and they let it run for 2 seasons before showing it the door, presumably to capitalize on the film. )

Avengers: EMH is precisely the kind of mature, high-quality animated series that Marvel needed to keep pace with DC's Young Justice, and it has fired on all cylinders from day one. I've loved every minute of it, and it infuriates me to see it come to an end in such a petty fashion.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    This rumor's been floating around the Internet for a while, but now it's official. The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes will not be renewed for a third season, and will be replaced by the newly-developed Marvel's Avengers Assemble in 2013.

More details at ComicBookMovie.com: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=61109

This announcement has me baffled. Avengers: EMH is now the third consecutive hit show that Disney has cancelled in the wake of their purchase of Marvel. (Disney cancelled The Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men immediately upon acquiring Marvel. Avengers: EMH was already in development, and they let it run for 2 seasons before showing it the door, presumably to capitalize on the film. )

Avengers: EMH is precisely the kind of mature, high-quality animated series that Marvel needed to keep pace with DC's Young Justice, and it has fired on all cylinders from day one. I've loved every minute of it, and it infuriates me to see it come to an end in such a petty fashion.

Thoughts?
    It's harsh but thats how business works. Still wasn't Super Hero Squad supposed to be their kid friendly version of Avengers?
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    It's harsh but thats how business works. Still wasn't Super Hero Squad supposed to be their kid friendly version of Avengers?
    I guess so, but it never saw a third season.

I know it's just a $$$ decision, but it still burns me. I have thoroughly enjoyed Avengers: EMH, and I hate to see it get canned like this so Disney can replace it with their own inferior version.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I guess so, but it never saw a third season.

I know it's just a $$$ decision, but it still burns me. I have thoroughly enjoyed Avengers: EMH, and I hate to see it get canned like this so Disney can replace it with their own inferior version.
    The thing to look at is animated shows that has a more mature theme, like The Avengers, dont usually last long. You may have some that are lucky enough to last longer than two seasons but it's a rarity as American Studios tend to push animated shows that are more kid friendly. Is it fair that shows like Avengers:EMH gets the shaft in favor of a more kid friendly show? No it's not but like I said it's business and Disney needs a show that could compete with DC's animated format.

Although I suppose this isn't that surprising considering Disney tried to interfere with Super Sentai...
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Although I suppose this isn't that surprising considering Disney tried to interfere with Super Sentai...
    I saw this coming given it's unusually long hiatus. A pity as I was intrigued by it's current story arc. Still it shows that DC still is superior over Marvel when it comes to animated shows. Would be interesting to see Young Justice lasting longer than Avengers and from the looks of things that show isn't too kid friendly either

Hopefully they will at least finish up all the various storylines that have been going on this season.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Conceptual Condiment King MentalPace's Avatar

I saw this coming given it's unusually long hiatus. A pity as I was intrigued by it's current story arc. Still it shows that DC still is superior over Marvel when it comes to animated shows. Would be interesting to see Young Justice lasting longer than Avengers and from the looks of things that show isn't too kid friendly either
    Young Justice is excellent. Nothing in there is too intense for young children, and there's plenty for adults to appreciate. In my opinion, it's the best superhero cartoon of the last 10 years. That being said, I would put Avengers: EMH at number 2.

What I don't understand is the need to replace EMH. You already had an excellent Avengers show with characters that are pretty similar to their movie counterparts. The EMH version of Iron Man is basically RDJ, and Thor and Cap aren't too different either. The only character from the movie that could potentially be unfamiliar to people who only know the characters from the Avengers movie is Hawkeye. I don't really know what a new Avengers show would offer that EMH doesn't offer already.

Too bad Ant-Man and Wasp aren't in the promotional image. That was one of my favorite versions of Ant-Man and it would be a shame to lose that completely. Black Panther too. The whole change just seems unnecessary.
    Batman: What are you doing here Deadman?
    Deadman: We've only met when I was an invisible ghost talking through other people. How did you know it was me?
    Batman: I'm Batman.
    Deadman: Touché.

If they wanted it to be more like the movies couldn't they just give Hawkeye a new costume and add Black Widow to the team?
    This article claims they'll be adding Ant-Man and Black Panther as the season progresses, but it'd have been nice to have more than one woman on the team.
    http://www.marveltvnews.com/2012/06/...gers-assemble/

How do we know this is true? (It better not be!)
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I knew this was coming. I don't like it.

If the kids like the new show better, all the more power to them. If I had kids, I'd be happy if they were watching A:EMH.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Quote Originally Posted by MentalPace View Post
    Young Justice is excellent. Nothing in there is too intense for young children, and there's plenty for adults to appreciate. In my opinion, it's the best superhero cartoon of the last 10 years. That being said, I would put Avengers: EMH at number 2.

What I don't understand is the need to replace EMH. You already had an excellent Avengers show with characters that are pretty similar to their movie counterparts. The EMH version of Iron Man is basically RDJ, and Thor and Cap aren't too different either. The only character from the movie that could potentially be unfamiliar to people who only know the characters from the Avengers movie is Hawkeye. I don't really know what a new Avengers show would offer that EMH doesn't offer already.

Too bad Ant-Man and Wasp aren't in the promotional image. That was one of my favorite versions of Ant-Man and it would be a shame to lose that completely. Black Panther too. The whole change just seems unnecessary.
    Agreed. IMO they had a perfect set up with EMH and Super Hero Squad. You have one show that is more mature while you have another thats geared towards kids but not too dumbed down to where even the adults can enjoy it also. So while I understand the reason behind it, heard that they wanted to connect it to Ultimate Spiderman, I don't see the need. Just keep EMH and SHS as they both make a perfect contrast with eachother

Conceptual Condiment King MentalPace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    If they wanted it to be more like the movies couldn't they just give Hawkeye a new costume and add Black Widow to the team?
    This article claims they'll be adding Ant-Man and Black Panther as the season progresses, but it'd have been nice to have more than one woman on the team.
    http://www.marveltvnews.com/2012/06/...gers-assemble/
    Yeah. I don't get it either. The way I see it, there's not much for Disney/Marvel to gain from this. They're sacrificing one of their best animated shows ever for an opportunity to make a show that at best will be slightly better than its predecessor and at worst could be much worse.

Agreed. IMO they had a perfect set up with EMH and Super Hero Squad. You have one show that is more mature while you have another thats geared towards kids but not too dumbed down to where even the adults can enjoy it also. So while I understand the reason behind it, heard that they wanted to connect it to Ultimate Spiderman, I don't see the need. Just keep EMH and SHS as they both make a perfect contrast with eachother
    Very true. I didn't even think of Super Hero Squad. That's another reason not to do this.
    Batman: What are you doing here Deadman?
    Deadman: We've only met when I was an invisible ghost talking through other people. How did you know it was me?
    Batman: I'm Batman.
    Deadman: Touché.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Sleeper View Post
    I knew this was coming. I don't like it.

If the kids like the new show better, all the more power to them. If I had kids, I'd be happy if they were watching A:EMH.
    Second that.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalPace View Post
    Yeah. I don't get it either. The way I see it, there's not much for Disney/Marvel to gain from this. They're sacrificing one of their best animated shows ever for an opportunity to make a show that at best will be slightly better than its predecessor and at worst could be much worse.
    Also this is just further proving the DC crowd right in that DC has superior animated shows over Marvel. Yes EMH is good but Disney doesn't seem to have any faith in keeping it on the air like WB would to their DC animated shows