Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which mini??

BANNED

Yo, Phelpzy. If you haven't read them yet, I strongly recommend:
    The Ultimates
    The Ultimate Galactus Trilogy
    The Ultimates 2

Seeing as we're on the subject of 'catching up' with our favourite comics, I too have a forever ongoing amount of comics to read. I've still got to get Preacher volumes 4-9, Preacher: Dead or Alive, The Walking Dead issues 49-96, KICKASS 2, HIT-GIRL, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again, Deadpool & Cable Omnibus 2, Deadpool & Cable Omnibus 3, Superior, 30 Days of Night Omnibus, Superman: Earth One volume 2, Death of Spiderman Omnibus, Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe, World War Hulk Omnibus and I haven't even started collecting Fables yet. And I also collect the UU in trade once they're released. I buy the issues monthly though too.

Finishing Ultimate Human Thursday along with getting Spider-Men and Ult X-Men. My pull list comes to 11 so I have 14-2 for Human so 12 bucks to use on back issues, don't know which mini to get next, or just dive into fallout so I'll be caught up with current at least

Elder Member

Armor Wars!

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Armor Wars!
    If its anything like the 616 Armor Wars I'll pass, lol. Thatll be what I get if I change my mind about fallout, have a feeling if I finally read it I'll understand more of what's goin on in the 3 monthly books

Elder Member

It's not. Just buy it. You liked Human no?

It's not. Just buy it. You liked Human no?
    Yep, well the 3 issues I've bought.

On a side note do you read uncanny x-force?

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    Yep, well the 3 issues I've bought.

On a side note do you read uncanny x-force?
    Armor Wars is awesome too :3

I do not. I own all the issues on Wolverine12's recommendation (and the RR is a good writer) just haven't gotten to it yet.

Armor Wars is awesome too :3

I do not. I own all the issues on Wolverine12's recommendation (and the RR is a good writer) just haven't gotten to it yet.
    You need to read that soon lol, I'm debating on drippin the UU line and just sticking with X-Force and Venom as my marvel pull list

Elder Member

You need to read that soon lol, I'm debating on drippin the UU line and just sticking with X-Force and Venom as my marvel pull list
    Venom is losing RR soon and getting Bunn

Venom is losing RR soon and getting Bunn
    Shhhhhh! Don't remind me :'(

I disagree with Ultimate Human, it had some good bits, but it disappointed me, but I guess it depends what you want out a comic. Armour Wars wasn't an especially 'smart' series, but it was the most enjoyable for me, followed by Thor, then Human then Cap.

BANNED

Finishing Ultimate Human Thursday along with getting Spider-Men and Ult X-Men. My pull list comes to 11 so I have 14-2 for Human so 12 bucks to use on back issues, don't know which mini to get next, or just dive into fallout so I'll be caught up with current at least
    Ultimate Galactus Trilogy and read the introductions of such awesome characters like the Falcon and Captain Mahr-Vehl. It's the best Ultimate crossover event ever released. That's until we get DWF which could be even better. F*** Ultimatum, Ultimate Power and Ultimate Doomsday. The Ultimate Galactus Trilogy is MUCH better.

Wyokid! I finished Fallout, and since I read 1-15 150-160 it made sense and heart felt, plus I know understand all 3 current ongoings a lot better. I also read Cap, so next is armor wars or Thor. But after those I don't know If I should hope into a old title or more of the minis, like Doomsday seems interesting ecauae of Fallout now, I also need to get Ultimates 1-3 and Ultimatum. I know I'm kinda going backwards but I like it :). So which do you recommend? Getting minis or hoping into a old title? I was thinking Doomsday then gettin the Ultimates books before Ultimatum but not aurw

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Ultimate Galactus Trilogy and read the introductions of such awesome characters like the Falcon and Captain Mahr-Vehl. It's the best Ultimate crossover event ever released. That's until we get DWF which could be even better. F*** Ultimatum, Ultimate Power and Ultimate Doomsday. The Ultimate Galactus Trilogy is MUCH better.
    Is the Ultimate Galactus trilogy really thy good? I hate him in 616! And is Ultimate Power any good?

Wyokid! I finished Fallout, and since I read 1-15 150-160 it made sense and heart felt, plus I know understand all 3 current ongoings a lot better. I also read Cap, so next is armor wars or Thor. But after those I don't know If I should hope into a old title or more of the minis, like Doomsday seems interesting ecauae of Fallout now, I also need to get Ultimates 1-3 and Ultimatum. I know I'm kinda going backwards but I like it :). So which do you recommend? Getting minis or hoping into a old title? I was thinking Doomsday then gettin the Ultimates books before Ultimatum but not aurw
    Is the Ultimate Galactus trilogy really thy good? I hate him in 616! And is Ultimate Power any good?
    Ultimate Galactus is totally different. You will discover how when you read the story.

I recommend reading Ultimate v1 and v2, because it influenced greatly the following stories. It is with Ultimate Spider-Man the basis of the Ultimate Universe.

P.S. Ultimate Galactus trilogy takes place between Ultimate v1 and v2.