Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    I would choose Chiang's gods, or at least more modern gods like Rucka's
    But to entertain the general audience and to give a more epic feel, I think it's proper to go with classic
    I could do without the toga wearing gods though. I'd like something thats unique but still have an epic feel of the gods
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    I would choose Chiang's gods, or at least more modern gods like Rucka's
    But to entertain the general audience and to give a more epic feel, I think it's proper to go with classic
    I think the traditional look of the gods is too expected. Thor's gods were interesting because they were hi-tech. I think it's strange for the gods to always wear Ancient Greek fashion. They should blend with the times or look completely supernatural.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Chiang's gods but with a more.... force of nature type of thing about them. Like... Hades looks cool but he doesnt look like a powerhouse or anything the way Fiennes' Hades looks in Clash of the Titans, no matter how cliche he might look. The other gods are fine regarding that. Just play it up a bit is all i'm saying.
    Yeah, a revised version of Chiang's would be great. The way Apollo is like a piece of coal at night and then blazes during the day - I like that elemental interpretation. But other characters are harder to translate the same way. Poseidon is basically a chimera of sea creatures. Hermes looks like Roadrunner.

Hades look I don't get at all. I don't know why he has that crown of candles, why he's wearing armor, or why's he's a kid. He doesn't look gloomy either.
    my artwork

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater? Man of Steel

[QUOTE=fanboiii;15299139]Which version of the gods would you want to see: the toga wearing old golds or Chiang's younger supernatural looking gods?[QUOTE]

I'd like to see Chiang's gods, but possibly with a few tweaks along the way.

I don't mind Hades as a "child", but I'm not sure the candle wax head would really translate well to live action. And for Aphrodite, instead of just being a "blank face", perhaps her face could constantly be evolving and changing into various beautiful women from a large number of different nationalities? That's if the Greek gods even feature in the film at all.

And I thought of one thing I would like to keep from the TV pilot - NO origin story. I'd much prefer to see Wonder Woman leap straight into action instead of being weighed down with yet another origin story. There is no reason why Wonder Woman's "origin" (i.e. Amazon Princess from legendary island comes to man's world) can't be clearly communicated through marketing materials in the lead-up to the opening of the film.

I hope that the movie is a perfect blend/combination of Marston & Perez's origin stories.
    "People don't actually like Wonder Woman. They like the idea in their head of what a "wonder woman" ought to be, which usually bears little resemblance to the character in the comics." - JKCarrier

[QUOTE=Haephestus;15299652][QUOTE=fanboiii;15299139]Which version of the gods would you want to see: the toga wearing old golds or Chiang's younger supernatural looking gods?

I'd like to see Chiang's gods, but possibly with a few tweaks along the way.

I don't mind Hades as a "child", but I'm not sure the candle wax head would really translate well to live action. And for Aphrodite, instead of just being a "blank face", perhaps her face could constantly be evolving and changing into various beautiful women from a large number of different nationalities? That's if the Greek gods even feature in the film at all.
    I'd like to picture Aphrodite as this being of energy. The blank energy being would represent her true beauty as the various images she would shift to represents how she views what mortal society would view someone like her. A goddess with perfect beauty. It would be interesting if the Gods appearance have a deep meaning in the same manner I've just described Aphrodite

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    And I thought of one thing I would like to keep from the TV pilot - NO origin story. I'd much prefer to see Wonder Woman leap straight into action instead of being weighed down with yet another origin story. There is no reason why Wonder Woman's "origin" (i.e. Amazon Princess from legendary island comes to man's world) can't be clearly communicated through marketing materials in the lead-up to the opening of the film.
    Oh would I love that. I've gotten so tired of origin stories because it seems you can't just do the origin, you've got to throw something else in there to add some confusion I guess. Captain America is great in this way because it was pure origin. Green Lantern was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I'd like to picture Aphrodite as this being of energy. The blank energy being would represent her true beauty as the various images she would shift to represents how she views what mortal society would view someone like her. A goddess with perfect beauty. It would be interesting if the Gods appearance have a deep meaning in the same manner I've just described Aphrodite
    What if Aphrodite's skin was like a mirror? or...

Hmm, I like the idea of Aphrodite changing appearances depending on who's looking at her. No one really knows what she looks like because all they see is their own idea of beauty. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" deal.
    my artwork

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater? Man of Steel

Quote Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
    What if Aphrodite's skin was like a mirror? or...

Hmm, I like the idea of Aphrodite changing appearances depending on who's looking at her. No one really knows what she looks like because all they see is their own idea of beauty. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" deal.
    Exactly! It would bring something unique about The Gods and give them a more divine approach. Each of the Gods would have an appearance that could represent the mindset of the mortals. Hades could represent something that mortals fear about death. A fearful, unseen, unknowing being. Like The Nothing from Neverending Story. Wonder Woman could be the one person that has seen The Gods true form

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    do it right this time

good news, especially for wonder woman, but i agree, writing a script doesn't necessarily mean a movie will be made. I guess with the box office success of Avengers, the guys from Warner Brothers have dollar signs in their eyes, but let's see how TDKR and Superman will fare. For example if Superman doesn't meet expectations, i could imagine the enthusiasm for making a Wonder woman or JLA movie quickly fades again.
    Likes: Astro City, Batman, JL Dark, American Vampire, Fables, Fairest, iZombie, Sandman, Chew, Empowered, Lady Mechanika, Locke & Key, Moriarty, Mudman, Reed Gunther, Skullkickers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Exactly! It would bring something unique about The Gods and give them a more divine approach. Each of the Gods would have an appearance that could represent the mindset of the mortals. Hades could represent something that mortals fear about death. A fearful, unseen, unknowing being. Like The Nothing from Neverending Story. Wonder Woman could be the one person that has seen The Gods true form
    IMO, that sounds good. Although probably just give Hades a Hood. But no candles on the face, no on posideon, and no old man ares unless he is being manipulative. Shapeshifting is the most basic power in classical greek mythology anyway.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

I hope everything turns out great!! I look forward to seeing an epic depiction of Wonder Woman on the big screen, although I feel when it comes to casting Diana they should go with an unknown and fill the supporting cast up with respectable actors. I also hope they use some of the stuff from the current WW run!!

I, for one, DO want an origin story. Partly because I want to experience the Contest done the right way. Epic. Entertaining. Fierce.

I want to watch Diana as a fish-outta-water in Man's World. See her evolve from a naive twenty-something into the legendary Wonder Woman.

Also, Whedon said he came up with a cool reason why Diana flies around in an invisible jet. I've been curious about that. WB paid Whedon for his script (I think $7 million) so surely they can incorporate any good ideas he had into this new story.

Quote Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
    Which version of the gods would you want to see: the toga wearing old golds or Chiang's younger supernatural looking gods?

I would love to see Chiang's gods on film.
    Chiang's gods. They'll make much better toys. Also, with some really great creature effects, like Pan's Labyrinth style, they'll looks just unbelievably fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafanboy View Post
    Also, Whedon said he came up with a cool reason why Diana flies around in an invisible jet. I've been curious about that. WB paid Whedon for his script (I think $7 million) so surely they can incorporate any good ideas he had into this new story.
    Or they can wise up, swallow their pride, and just film that script.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."