Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Scott Summers hands down. Say what u will about him, but who has done more for mutantkind?

I kinda hate that Marvel basically tore the character down, but I'm intrigued by the direction they're now taking him.

just had a thought before HOM and then MC was Magneto the figure head "king" "Leader" "Ceaser" of the mutant race

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrMindbender122 View Post
    Scott Summers hands down. Say what u will about him, but who has done more for mutantkind?
    depends what you you think is mor important putting every mutant on an easy target of an island and putting the future litteraly in the crossfire

or actually going out to deal with the threats to mutant kind
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.

thats not what im asking thats a different topic altogether

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Professor Frank Richards.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    wait who??????? and why

A Goddess amongst mortals celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Assassin View Post
    Noone. Noone can lead an entire race and I doubt all mutants would be ok with having a leader instead of a democracy or sth. It's one thing to talk about the X-Men, that's possible, but not the entire mutant race. The problem is that Scott has taken to speak for all mutants even though he's never faced the many hardships many others have and doesn't recognise that not all mutants are on his tiny island. Also, in myopinion having a common leader would ruin mutant books I think, because it'd create an axiom of being with or against him as well of a hirachy that every mutant is somewhere placed on, which'd fuck up individual possibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetdumbass View Post
    The X-Men were never meant to lead mutantkind. Part of their appeal was that they were trying to do the right thing but it put them at odds with their fellow mutants and they still got no credit for it from the flatscans.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMighty View Post
    Nobody....there should be no leader of the mutant race. All that doing is sitting someone up to be killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    No one should lead a race... especially that sellout Apocalypse. Taco-lips doesn't care from mutant. He'll support whoever is stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post
    I think the bigger question would be would the mutant race allow themselves to be ruled by one leader?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Word Baby

Very nicely put. One of the reasons I fell in love with the X-Men when I first discovered them. Was that each member of the group (for the most part) was their own man and own women. They were pushed around by no one. But at the same time were mature and secure enough in and of themselves that they could put their egoís aside and behave like professionals and work together for the greater good. Sure Chuck served as an elder statesman and councellor. But he wasnít there to push anyone around. Itís why I love(d) and admired the characters. They could stand on their own feet and make their own decision. They didnít need a Ďleaderí to dictate their every move, and they especially did not need someone as inept as Scott Summers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogaflame View Post
    The idea that races should be lead is ridiculous/borderline offensive. Who leads the 'white race'? Who leads the 'gay race'? I couldn't stand the whole 'endangered species' plot of the last few years and am thankful it seems to have run its course.

I invite every single person in this thread to read everyone of these responses, the idea that Marvel would push Cyclops not only as the leader of the X-men but the leader of Mutantkind is ludicrous. Only because you have a race of people brought to the brink only 200 or so left and everyone is going to decide to follow ONE leader one ideology. Never-mind the fact that the X-men as a group since their inception has been hated and feared and a target placed on their backs why would ANYONE choose to follow them when you'd be safer on your own.

I always thought that after M-Day it was the perfect opportunity for Leaders not only in the X-men but all over the world in mutantkind to spring up each with their very own and very different direction of what was best for Mutants. I just can't imagine 200 mutants left all of them from different places and walks of life agreeing to follow the leadership of one man what was the reason to how did he connect to them on a personal level inspire these people who'd been wiped out to believe in what he was saying. And that is what really hurt the X-men and the different perspectives in the X-men that used to thrive it's no way that Cyclops could have all the answer or solution at least not realistically.

It's no doubt that Cyclops is a great leader but realistically there should not be one or even two leaders of the X-men and ESPECIALLY mutantkind.

BANNED

YES!! Mister Franklin is the only acceptable answer.

With his wife, Rachel Grey, and their mistress, Kitty Pryde.

Don't worry, he has all the gay sex on the side.

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnhop View Post
    YES!! Mister Franklin is the only acceptable answer.

With his wife, Rachel Grey, and their mistress, Kitty Pryde.

Don't worry, he has all the gay sex on the side.
    I've been anxious for the X-Books to contnue the slow arduous process of folding him into the mythos as the Silver Surfer of the mutant race for a long time now. As the true Messiah. In the end, it should truly be Frank Richards vs. The Scarlet Witch to decide the fate of mutants etc etc...
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

BANNED

I've been anxious for the X-Books to contnue the slow arduous process of folding him into the mythos as the Silver Surfer of the mutant race for a long time now. As the true Messiah. In the end, it should truly be Frank Richards vs. The Scarlet Witch to decide the fate of mutants etc etc...
    I couldn't agree more. He should make a parallel Earth for the mutants to live on, so we can go back to a Morrison era mutant population. It would be like House of M but so much better~

Oh, and this Earth would be where Mars was! :D

Quote Originally Posted by celestialbodies View Post
    I invite every single person in this thread to read everyone of these responses, the idea that Marvel would push Cyclops not only as the leader of the X-men but the leader of Mutantkind is ludicrous. Only because you have a race of people brought to the brink only 200 or so left and everyone is going to decide to follow ONE leader one ideology. Never-mind the fact that the X-men as a group since their inception has been hated and feared and a target placed on their backs why would ANYONE choose to follow them when you'd be safer on your own.

I always thought that after M-Day it was the perfect opportunity for Leaders not only in the X-men but all over the world in mutantkind to spring up each with their very own and very different direction of what was best for Mutants. I just can't imagine 200 mutants left all of them from different places and walks of life agreeing to follow the leadership of one man what was the reason to how did he connect to them on a personal level inspire these people who'd been wiped out to believe in what he was saying. And that is what really hurt the X-men and the different perspectives in the X-men that used to thrive it's no way that Cyclops could have all the answer or solution at least not realistically.

It's no doubt that Cyclops is a great leader but realistically there should not be one or even two leaders of the X-men and ESPECIALLY mutantkind.
    i understand why ONE leader is logical. i mean, hasnt your nation(i dont assume you're necessarily american) been targeted by genocide w/millions dead in the past? mine has, at least twice in the 20th century(ok, second one was just an accident, technicaly the starvation during the occupation that lead to 40% of populace dead was unintentional). you have no idea of the DESPAIR such events bring forth. "god, oh god, we're all gonna die!" despair. if one man truly believes he can save the nation/sub-species/whatever, and he seemingly has some credentials, ALL will follow him, not out of free will; but because of FEAR, fear that the genocidal maniacs will kill them too.

also: CABLE is the one, not scott, not nobody. in theory, Franklin could develop in the future, but right now, Cable has:
    -impossibly incredible wartime experience
    -proven desire for peace (cable & deadpool)
    -leadership credentials
    -once cured from his brain condition, he is possibly the mightiest psychic on the planet.

Magneto
    Cyclops
    Kid omega
    Franklin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Warspite View Post
    i understand why ONE leader is logical. i mean, hasnt your nation(i dont assume you're necessarily american) been targeted by genocide w/millions dead in the past? mine has, at least twice in the 20th century(ok, second one was just an accident, technicaly the starvation during the occupation that lead to 40% of populace dead was unintentional). you have no idea of the DESPAIR such events bring forth. "god, oh god, we're all gonna die!" despair. if one man truly believes he can save the nation/sub-species/whatever, and he seemingly has some credentials, ALL will follow him, not out of free will; but because of FEAR, fear that the genocidal maniacs will kill them too.
    In that case then I'm sure you're familiar with how that story always ends too.