Default spiderman collection recommendation

Hi, I just got into comics not too long ago. I have always been a bit interested in it due to the art styles, but now I am starting a collection.

I am now diving into the spider-man section and would like to collect the ultimate version of spider-man. The death of spider-man arc seems to interest me so I wanted to start from the number 1 issue.

I prefer the collection of volumes instead of single issues. So should I start buying the ultimate spider-man collections up to the death of spider-man arc? or is that not possible? I looked it up and the death arc seems to collect 156-160. So can i buy collections up until 156?

Also, is ultimate version even good? there seems to be spectacular and amazing spider-man collections.

Any help would be appreciated :) Thank you guys and happy to be here.

Yes, all of Ultimate Spider-Man has been collected in trade paperback and hardcover both.

There are 22 trades and 11 hardcovers which combine two trades that make up Volume 1.

Here is a list of all the trades and hardcovers of Volume 1:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ected_editions

After Volume 1, it was relaunched with a new #1 issue as Ultimate Comics Spider-Man. After issue 21 it returned to the original numbering.

Here is a list of all the trades and hardcovers of Volume 2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ected_editions

After the death of Spider-Man arc, Volume 2 ended, and it was relaunched yet again with another new #1 with Miles Morales as the new Spider-Man. This series is currently up issue #10.

There's nothing to worry about, Ultimate Spider-man is very good.

If you're interested in the Death of Spider-man arc, then you'll be pleased to find out that there's a Death of Spider-man Omnibus coming out this fall.

It is listed as collecting: ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN 15, 150-160; ULTIMATE COMICS AVENGERS VS. NEW ULTIMATES 1-6; ULTIMATE COMICS FALLOUT 1-6

Ultimate Spider-man volume 12 HC just came out and it collects Ultimate Comics Spider-man 1-14, so that might be a good lead-in to the Death of SM.

Both of these recommendations are oversized hardcovers and may be more expensive then you're looking for, but they're great collections. If you just want a paperback collection, check out Ultimate Comics Spider-man volumes 1-3 and Ultimate Comics Spider-man: Death of Spider-man trade paperbacks.

Also, you really should at least check out Ultimate Spider-man from the beginning. You can get the Ultimate Spider-man Omnibus that's coming out (a bit pricier) or you can pick up the first trade on the cheap. Ultimate Spider-man is an excellent comic and a highlight of Marvel's Ultimate line.