Doom has gone Digital LaughingDoomBot's Avatar

Default Just read Supergirl now questions

This is what I thought superman's book would be like.

Anyway the only supergirl i know of was the one in batman/superman which was later made into a movie. She seemed younger than Supes and took him on as a mentor. This one took most of issue 2 and kicked his butt (even though he wasnt fighting back). So now my questions are is this how she orginally was suppose to be? In one of the issues i think she was training in krypton and looked like she was wearing a costume similar to power girls or am i tripping? and finally is silver banshee's (who i thought was a villain...) daddy a dcnu addition or did he exist before?
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ryanorosco.jpg

The only time your too late to try to achieve or become anything, is when your dead

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingDoomBot View Post

Anyway the only supergirl i know of was the one in batman/superman which was later made into a movie. She seemed younger than Supes and took him on as a mentor. This one took most of issue 2 and kicked his butt (even though he wasnt fighting back). So now my questions are is this how she orginally was suppose to be?
    Im still waiting for my Showcase Vol 1 and Supergirl, but I dont think she was suppose to be stronger than Superman as she is now. This was a later addition mentioned in the Superman/Batman movie and seems to be true based on comments by the author of this book.

In one of the issues i think she was training in krypton and looked like she was wearing a costume similar to power girls or am i tripping?
    It was white, but I dont recall a boob window. Her costume though is similar to PG original one anyway, its just coloured differently and she is significantly more slender.

and finally is silver banshee's (who i thought was a villain...) daddy a dcnu addition or did he exist before?
    Its a new addition and Black Banshee is new from what I read.

Anyway the only supergirl i know of was the one in batman/superman which was later made into a movie. She seemed younger than Supes and took him on as a mentor. This one took most of issue 2 and kicked his butt (even though he wasnt fighting back). So now my questions are is this how she orginally was suppose to be? In one of the issues i think she was training in krypton and looked like she was wearing a costume similar to power girls or am i tripping? and finally is silver banshee's (who i thought was a villain...) daddy a dcnu addition or did he exist before?
    Well, it's . . . complicated.

Historically, Supergirl as a regular character first appeared in 1959:

but was killed off in Crisis on Infinte Earths over 25 years later.

After the reboot to Superman that followed CoIE, they introduced a new Supergirl, but she wasn't his cousin. (At that point, they weren't allowing any other survivors from the planet Krypton . . . they wanted Superman to be a bit more unique.

And then there were further changes over the next couple of decades before they got to the DCnU.
    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supergirl)

As for Silver Banshee, she was originally a villain introduced under John Byrne's run on Action Comics.

I don't remember a Black Banshee, though, but there could have been one while I wasn't following the comics.

There has been alot of supergirls over the years. Most are Kara Zor-el and are supermans cousin. The current Vol 6 is, Vol 5 was and Vol 1 was. Theyre all pretty much the same. Younger more naive, vol 5 and 6 are arguably more powerful than superman. I think the Vol 5 origin you are talking about was the best of them. The current ones ok, but dosent have the same punch as the Superman/Batman origin story. Guess the difference of landing in Gotham vs Landing in Smallville/Siberia really made an impact on how she was accepted into the DC world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    There has been alot of supergirls over the years. Most are Kara Zor-el and are supermans cousin. The current Vol 6 is, Vol 5 was and Vol 1 was. Theyre all pretty much the same. Younger more naive, vol 5 and 6 are arguably more powerful than superman. I think the Vol 5 origin you are talking about was the best of them. The current ones ok, but dosent have the same punch as the Superman/Batman origin story. Guess the difference of landing in Gotham vs Landing in Smallville/Siberia really made an impact on how she was accepted into the DC world.
    But, in all fairness, most superheroes have yet to be accepted in the world of the DCnU.
    There's still too much suspicion out there in the general population, as opposed to how things were pre-Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Still the comic that comes to mind whenever someone says the word Crisis. I know lots haven't gotten some of their favorites back yet but I've never seen this character again since that issue (and a Christmas special with Deadman right after). But the new Supergirl really makes me wonder if I'm not finally seeing some of that old sparkle I used to. Its pretty dang close so far. One of the most welcomed things to me about the relaunch. I still want her and Superman to met up again without so much fists so I can finally proclaim a true resurrection has occured

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    Its a new addition and Black Banshee is new from what I read.

Silver Banshee actually wasn't really a bad guy in Supergirl Vol.2 where she was just "misunderstood"

Re Member

Default Toitally agreed, and I do miss SA Supergirl

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    Still the comic that comes to mind whenever someone says the word Crisis. I know lots haven't gotten some of their favorites back yet but I've never seen this character again since that issue (and a Christmas special with Deadman right after). But the new Supergirl really makes me wonder if I'm not finally seeing some of that old sparkle I used to. Its pretty dang close so far. One of the most welcomed things to me about the relaunch. I still want her and Superman to met up again without so much fists so I can finally proclaim a true resurrection has occured
    Exactly, I totally agree. The basic character and her personality was one of the biggest losses after CoIE, that Christmas special with Deadman defines her character in such an interesting and accurate way. This new Supergirl seems to have a desire to make a difference from the beginning, and actually seems quite admirable. I would say this reboot of Supergirl is one of the books in the "win" column for the DCnU.

BANNED

I was a fan of all the past versions but I couldn't get over the ugly nu52 costume or the book's art. Jeph Loeb & Ian Churchill made too big of an impression on how I see the character.