Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lucretius View Post
    My original post was actually in reference to writing WW in a JL movie, but...

Yes, a script for a good WW movie or tv series is hard to get approved. But hard to write? I don't buy it, considering how well (imo sucky) characters like Blade, Iron Man, and Thor have been done. I honestly think WB is making this way more complicated than it has to be. They seem to want to teeter on the wrong side of the thin line between fun modernism and recognizable classicism when it comes to certain properties.
    All Hollywood studios simply don't know how to do consistently good female-led action pics and TV shows. It's rare that good ones get made and rarer still that they can keep the lightning striking once they've bottled it. Look at how badly Fox f*cked up the Alien franchise. Sigourney Weaver's Ripley really got screwed by very bad movies. And then when you add in big bombs like Supergirl, Catwoman and Elektra? Ugh, male-dominated Hollywood usually does a terrible job making and marketing female-led action properties.

Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, but it's Mark Millar who said that. He's like the biggest Hollywood-insider wannabe there is and most of the stuff he ever says about anything movie-related turns out to be false. Remember how he knew his pal Jim Caviziel was going to be Superman?

Don't get me wrong. I sincerely hope it's true and it turns out to be awesome. Believe me, I would love to be wrong on this one. I just don't trust anything Millar says when it comes to Hollywood projects. But I would looooooove a JLA movie.
    Caviezel actually was one of the final 2 candidates for Superman. WB wanted him. Badly. But Singer wanted Brandon Routh. The studio gambled and greenlit Singer's choice. And we all know how things ultimately turned out.

The point is, Millar wasn't lying; he was just premature. Caviezel was a heartbeat away from the part. Sadly, we'll never know if his performance might've changed how the final film turned out.

BANNED

Caviezel would be better for Batman. He is awesome in Person of Interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    All Hollywood studios simply don't know how to do consistently good female-led action pics and TV shows. It's rare that good ones get made and rarer still that they can keep the lightning striking once they've bottled it. Look at how badly Fox f*cked up the Alien franchise. Sigourney Weaver's Ripley really got screwed by very bad movies. And then when you add in big bombs like Supergirl, Catwoman and Elektra? Ugh, male-dominated Hollywood usually does a terrible job making and marketing female-led action properties.

Sad but true.
    That's kind of why I'd think WB would do the opposite of Marvel and do a JL movie first, and then expand into the individual franchises, esp WW. I think a good WW can be done, but I'd rather see them do a Shazam movie before a stand-alone WW one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lucretius View Post
    That's kind of why I'd think WB would do the opposite of Marvel and do a JL movie first, and then expand into the individual franchises, esp WW.
    Yeah WW has a better chance if she was riding off the success of Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I agree, he's awsome. Actually on Person of Interest he practically is Batman. Love that show.

Yeah WW has a better chance if she was riding off the success of Justice League.
    Yes, I suspect that is WB's thinking on WW, too. I don't have a problem with that. Especially since WB will need to strive to make their films not look like poor carbon copies of Disney's Marvel hits. They tried to recut and re-edit and shoehorn Martin Campbell's GL into an Iron Man mold and we all know how horribly that failed.

They don't need to copy Marvel. They just need to make good movies that follow basic rules of effective storytelling and quality filmmaking. And then market them well. That's all there is to it.

Salacious Propriety Tandaemonium's Avatar

Off-topic but I love how this show is really just a remake of Knight Rider, but instead of a sassy Trans Am you get Benjamin Linus.

BANNED

Last edited by Kyle Anderson; 06-08-2012 at 10:00 AM.

For those who haven't seen it? Big news came out this morning. Very big news.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118055216

Quote Originally Posted by Variety.com

Warner Bros. zeroes in on heroes

Studio preps 'Justice League,' eyes other DC faves for bigscreen

With the Batman trilogy winding down and Superman returning to theaters next summer, plans to put more of DC Comics' superheroes on the bigscreen are coming together nearly three years after Warner Bros. took back control of characters.
    This week, the studio revealed it tapped "Gangster Squad" scribe Will Beall to revive "Justice League," which WB unplugged in 2008, and hired Michael Goldenberg (one of the many writers of "Green Lantern") to pen "Wonder Woman."

Those projects now join in development films based on the Flash, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Lobo, the Suicide Squad and Shazam. DC and WB are also facing a decision on how to reboot Batman once "The Dark Knight Rises" completes Christopher Nolan's take on the caped crusader, featuring Christian Bale in the cowl.

Studio is figuring out whether to bring back Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern in a sequel to last year's actioner or relaunch the character in a completely new way. Goldenberg ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") was brought on board in 2010 to write the screenplay for the sequel, a year before the first film bowed.

Of course, those are nice problems to have.

>SNIP<

But the studio is being especially careful with the characters now after the disappointing performance of "Green Lantern," which earned nearly $220 million at the worldwide box office last year.

According to sources close to the development process, the studio learned that when making a superhero pic, it needs to tap creatives that genuinely understand the characters the way Joss Whedon was comfortable with "The Avengers."

DC execs are excitedly discussing all of the projects in motion with the major exception of its films.

The main reason: Christopher Nolan. With the filmmaker having relaunched Batman (last installment, "The Dark Knight," hauled in $1 billion globally, now surpassed by "The Avengers") and producing Superman pic "Man of Steel," directed by Zack Snyder, WB has increasingly put more control of its DC films in Nolan's hands.

That's similar to how WB entrusted producer David Heyman with all eight "Harry Potter" films.
    Let the WB DC Movie Onslaught begin...

"WB has increasingly put more control of its DC films in Nolan's hands."

If true, that's huge.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joao_miranda View Post
    UGH.. Cyborg is a Teen Titan. Damn Reboot screwing everything up. That last spot in the Big 7 belongs to The Martian Manhunter or should at least.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 06-08-2012 at 12:02 PM.

My movie will be Starro The Conqueror (R.E.B.E.L.S. version) taking control of Olympus. Instead of one god (Loki) with an army of who-cares-aliens (Chi Tauri), we have one alien with the Azzarrello's WW mythology run as enforcers (like, you know, Cyclops aka one-eyed basterds). Hades will take Superman (and maybe other super-heroes) to Hell, and in order to save Superman (and others?) and go to Olympus, the remains of the JL will need to go towards Poseidon kingdom... with the assistance/guidance of Aquaman (and maybe Mera). Final big fight in the realms of Greek Gods. And this will be an epic movie with Wonder Woman as main core of the movie.

Copyleft 2011-2015.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    UGH.. Cyborg is a Teen Titan. Damn Reboot screwing everything up. That last spot in the Big 7 belongs to The Martian Manhunter or should at least.
    The one thing I disliked in Avengers (maybe not disliked, but was bothered by) was that they didn't gather heroes powerfull enough for the thread they had, so they had to make the Hulk way more powerfull than he had ever been showed on film.
    With the Justice League, it's different. Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern are powerfull as heel. Aquaman is as strong as Captain America. The Flash has an amazing power. And Batman is Batman. So, if you had the Martian Manhunter (that is as powerfull as Superman) on the team there's no threat big enough to be credible to the movie audience.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    My movie will be Starro The Conqueror (R.E.B.E.L.S. version) taking control of Olympus. Instead of one god (Loki) with an army of who-cares-aliens (Chi Tauri), we have one alien with the Azzarrello's WW mythology run as enforcers (like, you know, Cyclops aka one-eyed basterds). Hades will take Superman (and maybe other super-heroes) to Hell, and in order to save Superman (and others?) and go to Olympus, the remains of the JL will need to go towards Poseidon kingdom... with the assistance/guidance of Aquaman (and maybe Mera). Final big fight in the realms of Greek Gods. And this will be an epic movie with Wonder Woman as main core of the movie.

Copyleft 2011-2015.
    Your going to have Starro you need the Starfish. There is no other Starro nor should there ever be.

I think you go Legion of Doom first then in the sequel you go full blown Darkseid invasion.