Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Saga is my favorite comic right now period, and Image's best all time for me. I'm also a big fan of anything Hickman puts out through Image.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramage View Post
    Savage Dragon, by far. It has never had a bad period. It is something special.
    One creator over twenty years--that's something you see with comic strips, not comic books.
    I love Sdragon but There was a period where it was confusing and I dropped it. It was Issue #75 where he switched minds with another Dragon from another world. I came back around issue 95.
    Life is what you make it.

At the moment, Chew.

Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    Man.. Invincible gets some high praise around here. I might have to add it next time my pull list gets a bit shorter.. the only thing that prevents me from getting it is I really know nothing about it. I guess it's an ignorance is bliss thing. I can't afford another book so I can't afford to know what I'm missing. The last time I picked up an ongoing series just because everyone said it was so good I picked up two issues of Savage Dragon and I really didn't like it all that much. If I don't like SD, will I like Invincible?
    Check out my offer here if you're interested in getting into Invincible:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...offer-for-you!
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Invincible by far. It's my all time favorite series. I really enjoy and buy a lot of Image titles but some of my current favorites are:

The Walking Dead
    Hack/Slash
    Morning Glories
    The Strange Talent of Luther Strode
    Add Chew to tho list and I'm the same way. Invincible and Walking dead are more equal for me.
    Pull:
    Invincible, The Walking Dead, Luther Strode, The Infinite, ASM, Batman, Super Girl, Haunt, Hack/Slash, Super Dinosaur, 68, TMNT, Uncanny X-Force, Venom, Mice Templar...

Quote Originally Posted by buddamonk View Post
    Add Chew to tho list and I'm the same way. Invincible and Walking dead are more equal for me.
    Love Chew also. Not sure why I always forget that one when doing these lists. It's awesome.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Currently, I'm really digging "Thief of Thieves." I'm also catching up on "Haunt" after reading Volume 1 last year so that I can start following it monthly.

But of all-time, my favorite Image series/character is ShadowHawk. I just really took to him in 1992 and have enjoyed the different series over the years. Also a big fan of Spawn's early years and am currently catching up on the stories I missed via the "Spawn Origins" HC books.
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Mage, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

Chew
    Invincible
    Saga
    Skull-Kickers.

Those are my top 4. I would never take those off my pull.
    Check out this sweet comic coming in 2013!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Throwb...889?ref=stream

I'm only reading Fatale and Chew from Image at the moment.

I prefer Fatale to Chew overall.

I like that Fatale is planned not to be very long (originally 12 issues, but I think that is going up). It really puts some tension into each issue and makes every panel crucial.

As much as I love Chew, I sometimes feel that there isn't enough forward momentum on the major plotline. It entertains me greatly though and adds so many new ideas constantly it is a tough call.
    Chew, Daredevil, Fatale, Mind The Gap, The Sixth Gun and The Walking Dead

I think it'd be Spawn for me, overall. Has had it's up and downs, like every comic out there, but I've stick by it through everything and am happy that is kinda going up again with the new storyline. Of the Image Renassaince, I think it'll be Saga, but it's too soon to tell (I'm not gonna claim it being the best comic evar with 4 issues in the can) but I have my hopes up with it. Of the ones already going on, it's Walking Dead, even if it's starting to stretch out plots and rely on shock value, I know it's gonna pick up again after the necessary 100th issue smackdown fiesta.

Quote Originally Posted by rolacka View Post
    I'm only reading Fatale and Chew from Image at the moment.

I prefer Fatale to Chew overall.

I like that Fatale is planned not to be very long (originally 12 issues, but I think that is going up). It really puts some tension into each issue and makes every panel crucial.

As much as I love Chew, I sometimes feel that there isn't enough forward momentum on the major plotline. It entertains me greatly though and adds so many new ideas constantly it is a tough call.
    You know, those two comics kinda disappointed on me, I still read Fatale, but a friend said to me it had some Poesque/Lovecraftian vibe to it and I picked it up (being a huhe Poe/Lovecraft geek) and it didn't grew on me. Having vague simbolism and weird creatures doesn't put it in the vein of either of those authors, but I'm gonna stand by it until the end to see what happens (if Brubaker keeps it in the 10-20 issue range and does not say "Let's ongoing!!" like a lot others out there). As for Chew, it was wacky enough a premise to read it for awhile, but after issue 17, it didn't do much for me. Frankly, I don't remember much past the cibophile protagonist, cyborg sidekick and some super badass/fatass superior. And chicken, I think.

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinva View Post
    Just curious to see what is your favorite Image release?
    Currently, Witch Doctor. It's like a mescaline induced twist on Dr. Strange. With a heavy heaping of Lovecraft.

Also Danger Club.
    Last edited by Ziza9; 06-28-2012 at 11:21 AM.
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zagra View Post
    You know, those two comics kinda disappointed on me, I still read Fatale, but a friend said to me it had some Poesque/Lovecraftian vibe to it and I picked it up (being a huhe Poe/Lovecraft geek) and it didn't grew on me. Having vague simbolism and weird creatures doesn't put it in the vein of either of those authors, but I'm gonna stand by it until the end to see what happens (if Brubaker keeps it in the 10-20 issue range and does not say "Let's ongoing!!" like a lot others out there). As for Chew, it was wacky enough a premise to read it for awhile, but after issue 17, it didn't do much for me. Frankly, I don't remember much past the cibophile protagonist, cyborg sidekick and some super badass/fatass superior. And chicken, I think.
    I'm not a horror fan really, so am not familiar with either author (well I have read some Poe, but didn't get into it). I only tried Fatale because of Bru/Phillips, but am really enjoying it so far. I suppose it is the Noir elements that catch my interest mainly, but the fleeting glimpses of horror do help add weight to it. I wouldn't worry too much about it going on forever. I think they will want to get back to Criminal before too long.

I completely understand where you are comiing from with Chew. I sometimes feel the same, but then there is an idea or sequence which puts a big grin on my face. I don't think the series as a whole has been as good as the first volume though. And there are definitely no chicken in Chew - eating chicken is illegal !

I like the word 'Poesque' btw
    Chew, Daredevil, Fatale, Mind The Gap, The Sixth Gun and The Walking Dead

Somewhere between Earth 2 Seaside Heights & Earth 616 Surf City

Youngblood, the classic version.
    To paint comic books as childish and illiterate is lazy. A lot of comic books are very literate - unlike most films.
    Somewhere on an alternate earth Captain America is a member of the JSA

Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar

I'm only reading Mind the Gap so ...
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Currently it's The Darkness.

Few months ago I would have said Green Wake.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!