Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badger1701 View Post
    Right now? Probably Saga. The others I'm getting at the moment are Dancer, Epic Kill, America's Got Powers, the Grim Leaper, and Mind the Gap. Mind the Gap has the potential to overtake Saga.
    I'm digging mind the gap as well
    still trade waiting Fatale I know I'll love that book
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

I've been with Witchblade since #1 and have enjoyed the many different twists & turns and creative teams on the book over the years.

Other image books I've liked
    • Wildcats (before it went to DC)
    • Cyberforce
    • Dynamo 5
    • Hunter-Killer
    • Codename: Strykeforce
    • Gen 13
    • Spawn (about ten years ago or so)
    • Haunt (up to issue #18)
    • Glory (original run)
    • Tomb Raider (I miss you)
    • Battle Chasers
    • Carbon Grey
    • Danger Girl (now with IDW)
    • Stormwatch (original series)
    • Victory
    • Liberty Meadows (it shall rise again one day...maybe)
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

It's an extremely difficult question right now, because every image book I'm reading is amazing. So I'll put the one's i'm reading in order. Keep in mind my least favorite image book right now is still one of the coolest stories i've ever read.

1. Chew - This is, in my opinion, the gold standard of comics. It's over the top fiction with touches of sci fi, comedy, the supernatural, violence, camp, amazing characters, and mystery, and it does all those things very well. Every issue is a unique work that stands alone as something special in itself. No one will ever complain about paying $2.99 for this. Chew gives me hope for the future of comics.
    2. Peter Panzerfaust - so amazing. two concepts that have been done a million times over get combined and a completely original and really magical story happens. The only reason this is only second on my list is because it's only 4 issues in.. and while those issues have been nothing short of amazing, I have to give credit to chew for keeping it interesting for so long.
    3. Saga - When sci fi and fantasy combine correctly you get things like the original Star Wars trilogy or Saga. This comic tells an original story and uses some very original visual devices.. and what would comics be without visual storytelling?
    4. Manhattan Projects - When I read Hickman comics I feel like I'm not only being entertained but also having my brain exercised. His version of fiction seems to be twisting real events into very unsettling thoughts and this series' what if is a really creepy and really cool one.

Quote Originally Posted by wiski View Post
    Invincible.

Chew comes in 2nd place.
    Same. Invincible is the best book out there. It is the reason that I still get monthly comics. If it did not come out, I'd likely wait for collections on all other comics. It's the one book that I can never seem to wait for my monthly order to come in from DCBservice so I rush out to a comic shop that Wed and grab an extra copy to read in advance.

Chew is a fulfilling read each and every month which is something that can't be said for 99% of comics today.

Saga is catching up to these two as well.
    Last edited by 400yrs; 06-10-2012 at 06:22 AM.
    Pull List Saga, Invincible, Walking Dead, Chew, Peter Panzerfaust, Superior Spidey, Animal Man, Aquaman, Harbinger, X-O Manowar

Man.. Invincible gets some high praise around here. I might have to add it next time my pull list gets a bit shorter.. the only thing that prevents me from getting it is I really know nothing about it. I guess it's an ignorance is bliss thing. I can't afford another book so I can't afford to know what I'm missing. The last time I picked up an ongoing series just because everyone said it was so good I picked up two issues of Savage Dragon and I really didn't like it all that much. If I don't like SD, will I like Invincible?

Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    If I don't like SD, will I like Invincible?
    Errrr. That's a weird question. I don't care for SD. I really tried to get into it, but couldn't. SD is kind of hokey for me compared to Invincible. The two are different.
    Pull List Saga, Invincible, Walking Dead, Chew, Peter Panzerfaust, Superior Spidey, Animal Man, Aquaman, Harbinger, X-O Manowar

Quote Originally Posted by 400yrs View Post
    Errrr. That's a weird question. I don't care for SD. I really tried to get into it, but couldn't. SD is kind of hokey for me compared to Invincible. The two are different.
    I'm pretty much the same way, although I think Savage Dragon isn't too bad (especially since he switched to the kids being the lead characters). But Invincible is much, much better. And despite a lot of people (including Kirkman) saying the SD is a big influence on Invincible, I don't think the two series are much in common in tone or story. So I don't think not liking Savage Dragon would mean that you won't like Invincible.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Old....Chew

New...Saga/Fatale

Series I wish I had a whole run of right abot now...Walking Dead ($$$)

I've pretty much always liked Bomb Queen. Except..the final issue of the most current mini I couldn't remember finishing it. So I picked it up and said "oh yeah, I guess I did." and put it back down. It was really really really meh.

TWD,
    Invincible,
    Mind The Gap,
    Saga,
    Spawn,
    Chew,
    Savage Dragon.

Well to be honest, at this point, most of the books with an "I" on the cover are good.

Invincible is the book that showed me there was more to comics than the big 2. That has to be the top of my list.

However, Fatale, Saga, Secret, Thief of Thieves... man, there is so much good stuff being put out by them. I feel like I'm forgetting something. Manhattan Projects is awesome. I bet if I looked I'd find two more titles that I forget are Image, but I need to get ready to get to work. Image is really putting out some high quality material right now.

I only read four Image books (Morning Glories, Saga, Mind the Gap, Peter Panzerfaust), so I'd have to say my current favourite is either Peter Panzerfaust or Saga. Mind the Gap had a great first issue, and Morning Glories is consistently fantastic, but PP and Saga have both been amazing for their first few issues. Mind the Gap does seem to have the potential to overtake them both, though.
    Oversized Hardcover Videos!
    Latest uploads - The Planetary Omnibus, Invisibles Deluxe, Before Watchmen: Nite/Owl Dr Manhattan, Wasteland Apocalyptic Edition

I have only recently started reading Image comics and the only one I have read is Chew, but damn is it a good book. I am going to look into Saga and the Manhattan Projects. I have heard they are good.

Almost everything Image puts out is amazing, but Chew and The Walking Dead top my list. The Walking Dead was what got me back into comics after a couple of years away from them, and Chew is just amazing.

Walking Dead and Super Dinosaur for very different reasons.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...