CHALLENGE 9: CBR FASHION WEEK
Hello. Welcome to the Runway! As you know, in fashion, one day you're in and the next you're out.
Unfortunately AnkaleRa was unable to complete her designs in time so he has forfeited. Which means after many weeks of rigorous design challenges there are now only two of you. After this week there will be only one.
PLEASE VOTE for the designer whose line you feel best completes the challenge, taking into consideration overall performance during this season of Project CBRunway. Voting should be based on the design and whether or not it meets the challenge requirements, not art ability. The designer with the most votes will be the winner of Project CBRunway.
The winning designer will walk away with an exciting prize pack, including his or her choice of one of:
- Gunn's Golden Rules: Life's Little Lessons for Making It Work (Hardcover)
- Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellant?: And Other Amazing Comic Book Trivia! (Paperback)
- Drawing Cartoons and Comics For Dummies (Paperback)
- Stan Lee’s How to Draw Comics (Paperback)
- Vengeance (Marvel; Hardcover)
- Fables Vol.17: Inherit the Wind (Paperback)
And his or her choice of one of:
- The Artist's Guide to Drawing the Clothed Figure: A Complete Resource on Rendering Clothing and Rapery (Hardcover)
- Anatomy for the Artist (Hardcover)
- Project Runway: The Complete Eighty Season (DVD)
- Wolverine and the X-Men Vol.1 (Paperback)
- Faber-Castell Graphite Pencil Set
- Contemporary Fashion Illustration Techniques (Paperback)
- Wolverine and the X-Men: The Complete Series (DVD)
- Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, Volume One (DVD)
Challenge 9: CBR Fashion Week
Your challenge for CBR Fashion Week is to create the title, concept and cast of a new comic book inspired by...YOU.
You must create three protagonists and two antagonists named after yourself, the two other finalists, and two other CBR users of your choosing. You get to decide which CBR users fill which roles.
Each character should visually represent their user name, if possible, or evoke that user's online personality. Thematically, while there's no requirement for any similarities between the looks of your characters, there should be a cohesivenes to your book's cast (i.e. they all need to work in the same book).
You will be judged on creativity, originality, strength of your designs, and cohesiveness of your cast, also taking into consideration your overall performance during this season of Project CBRunway.
- Artwork may be done in any medium but must be in color.
- Artwork may be no larger than 550-pixels wide and 800-pixels long. For challenges requiring multiple characters, each character should be submitted separately.
- Entries must be inserted into your PM, using such services as Photobucket.com or imageShack.com. If you are unable to use such a service you may e-mail your entry and we will host the image for you for the duration of the competition.
- For each character you must provide:
- a three-sentence description of the costume explaining material, functionality, and design inspiration.
- a three sentence biography explaining origin, powers, motivation, and, for the two non-finalists, why you chose those user names.
- You must also compile a group shot (using either the individual designs or original artwrok) and include in that post the title and a three-sentence description of the overall theme and inspiration of your book.
Please vote using the poll, then feel free to make comments or ask questions about this challenge or these designs within this thread. Now let's start the show...