View Poll Results: Which Cover?

Voters
20. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Volume 1 - Pacheco

9 45.00%
  • Volume 2 - Yu

4 20.00%
  • Volume 3 - Coipel

5 25.00%
  • UAvNU - Yu

2 10.00%

Default Cover Comparisons - AVENGERS #3

Ultimate Comics Avengers #3 (Pacheco) / Ultimate Comics Avengers 2 #3 (Yu) / Ultimate Comics Avengers 3 #3 (Coipel) / Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates #3 (Yu)

All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

I think Yu takes it with Ultimate Avengers 2 #3. I'm not a huge fan of Ultimate Ghost Rider, but that aside the cover is absolutely amazing. The firey colors in the foreground and the purple tones in the background are awesome! I'd say Pacheco takes second because his art is awesome and his characters are very unique. The Vampire cover is in third because this version of Vampire Hulk looks very evil and dark. I don't like the Punisher cover at all...

Three great covers and a decent one. I love Pacheco's team cover, so it wins for me. Avengers 2 is in 2nd place, and it would win if not for all the purple. Yu draws one hell of a Ghost Rider though. And, as far as homages go, he pretty much nails it with AvNU; that's a great Spidey. But, despite the awesome looking Nerd Hulk, I'm not a fan of Cheung's cover.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Elder Member

I don't like any of these.

1. Very photoshopped look.
    2. Punisher's face reminds me of a dog and Fury has duck face.
    3. Daredevil looks really weird for some reason.
    4. Ugly cover.

BANNED

Pacheco for me. With Yu's UA2 as a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I don't like any of these.

1. Very photoshopped look.
    2. Punisher's face reminds me of a dog and Fury has duck face.
    3. Daredevil looks really weird for some reason.
    4. Ugly cover.
    What do you mean by photoshopped? As in, it looks good but a bit too good. Geeze, you sound like an Andrews hater.
    Last edited by Plawsky; 06-04-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Patronizing

Elder Member

I'm not a fan of Yu, never have been.

It looks like someone just copy and pasted the characters there.

I have to go with Volume 2 Yu but it was a close race with Pacheco. The others Im not a fan of.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I'm not a fan of Yu, never have been.

It looks like someone just copy and pasted the characters there.
    Where are they originally from?

I don't see how you can tell it looks copied and pasted. Forgive ne for not knowing much about photoshop. I just don't know what flaws to look for.

Elder Member

I'm not saying they are copy and pasted, but that they look copy and pasted. Everyone is just randomly posing in a disjointed fashion.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Yu's Avengers 2 cover is the winner for me here.

I'm a big fan of Pacheco and not a fan at all of Yu, BUT as Plawsky said Yu does draw one hell of a Ghost Rider, and his Punisher looks great here. While I love Pacheco, his cover here is nothing special (but still decent).

Avengers 3's cover is decent too- that's how Nerd Hulk should've looked, truly horrifying and zombielike, instead of how Dillon drew it.

AvNU's cover, while being a homage, is a terribly drawn cover. Spidey is passable, but just a glance at Punisher and I already see how ugly it is. Unnatural pose, ugly leg muscles, and those feet! Can't believe they chose that cover for the AvNU trade, when Hitch drew a bunch of much superior covers.
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

Wow. Pacheco nailed his cover on volume 1 here! Everyone looks perfect.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.