Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    When i was a kid, i beat ninja gaiden after a long period of banging my head against the wall.
    I tried to play it again a year ago, complete failure.
    same here....tried about a year and a half ago on my cousins old NES....I seriously wanted to strangle everyone with the NES controller
    Support your local roller derby league

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

When i was a kid, i beat ninja gaiden after a long period of banging my head against the wall.
    Yeah, it's a hard game but I was able to beat it way back in the day and I beat it today with the help of Game Genie. LoL, I remember when I was a kid I didn't need Game Genie to beat my games but suddenly as an adult it's become necessary if I want to finish a lot of these classic games again, odd how that happens.

There was here too, but one of them got more copies of the game.
    Hogan's video number 3.
    Racking my brain and I don't ever recall any of the places I went to having more than one copy. The ones that were red hot, well, I either owned them or a friend did and I could borrow them.

Ninja Gaiden 1&2 were hard but manageable. Ninja Gaiden 3 was outright brutal.

Does anyone else say "wow..the amount of music from NES games I can still hum is way too many."

Quote Originally Posted by sHayden View Post

Does anyone else say "wow..the amount of music from NES games I can still hum is way too many."
    It happens at least once a week.

saw this on the youtube while looking for some competitive gaming events . WOW. I wonder what other unlikely games would have tournaments like this??

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

So, I've recently started playing Star Tropics for the NES over the past day or so and so far I'm liking it quite a bit. This little gem happened to get away from me back when the NES was in it's heyday and I remember once instance where I went to a KB Toy store with my dad and he told me I could pick out a game and I almost chose it, but instead I went with Tecmo World Wrestling. Anyhow, what's everyone's opinion on this game and how would you rate it or recommend it to others? I'm interested in your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    So, I've recently started playing Star Tropics for the NES over the past day or so and so far I'm liking it quite a bit. This little gem happened to get away from me back when the NES was in it's heyday and I remember once instance where I went to a KB Toy store with my dad and he told me I could pick out a game and I almost chose it, but instead I went with Tecmo World Wrestling. Anyhow, what's everyone's opinion on this game and how would you rate it or recommend it to others? I'm interested in your responses.
    It got a lot of retroactive hate during that period on the internet when people thought japanese games were the only good games, because the japanese game market went down the shitter, same thing happened to Secret of Evermore.
    Anyway, it was a good game, nowhere near as good as Zelda, which it was trying to be like, but a good game with a different setting.
    Rental story!
    I never completed star tropics because i rented it but the instruction book wasn't there, so when rob the robot asked me for the password, i couldn't go on, and this was pre internet.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Hadn't seen this thread before (even though it is 6 months old; oh well). Pretty cool. Coincidentally, I posted in another thread that I played Diablo II for a bit. This time I plan on finishing it, and then moving on to my first playthrough of the expansion.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

I found myself humming the music from P.O.W. for no reason the other day.
    Whoa!, P.O.W.? It's been such a long time since I last played this game.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

I got Bonk's Adventure on the Wii. Always wanted to play it when I was a kid - it was definitely worth the wait. A very solid platformer with fantastic enemy design, fun gameplay, and great music.

I'm trying to beat Contra III now. Another first for me, though I have already beaten Contra, Super C, and Contra 4.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post

I'm trying to beat Contra III now. Another first for me, though I have already beaten Contra, Super C, and Contra 4.
    You're missing that mess called Contra Force.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I got Bonk's Adventure on the Wii. Always wanted to play it when I was a kid - it was definitely worth the wait. A very solid platformer with fantastic enemy design, fun gameplay, and great music.

I never liked super c, even as a kid, and everyone told me i was crazy for it. Love Contra 3 though...well, the overhead stages were trash, but other than that, loved it.
    And 4 was exactly what i wanted.

Trivia! Wasn't actually a contra game, they scratched plans to release it in japan and said "Hey, contra is popular!" renamed it for america release and...BAM! Contra Force!

I managed to finish Ninja Gaiden 2 back in the day. But the other two, I never got to finish them.

Let's not forget the excellent Contra: Hard Corps for the Genesis/Megadrive and the more recent Hard Corps: Uprising for XBLA.