View Poll Results: Do you prefer 616 Nightcrawler or AoA Nightcrawler?

Voters
123. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • I like the 616 Nightcrawler that is gentle and priestly

10 8.13%
  • I like the 616 Nightcrawler that is fun-loving, caring and flirtatious

77 62.60%
  • I like the AoA Nightcrawler that is a vicious, cynical killer

8 6.50%
  • I like the AoA Nightcrawler that is edgy, but soften him up a tad

5 4.07%
  • I like both

23 18.70%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Nightcrawler Corps would be awesome!

And thanks for posting that scan Dn@N, such a good one! I also love when he treatens to drop the guy after Colossus dies. Colossus never showed that remorse for Nightcrawler. And remember when Kurt cried in the danger room because he missed bullet trapped Kitty? What the hell! Why are his friends such dicks.
    I like it when he hugged Holo-Kitty. It was a very sad scene.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Silence View Post
    What you are trying to say here is that you prefer the 616 Nightcrawler, correct?
    Yes, sorry for the corny analogy. Basically trying to say is at the end of the day, you're happy to have a beer (Nightcrawler). But if you got to CHOOSE what kind of beer, you want one that tastes good.

I like both Nightcrawlers.
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Yes, sorry for the corny analogy. Basically trying to say is at the end of the day, you're happy to have a beer (Nightcrawler). But if you got to CHOOSE what kind of beer, you want one that tastes good.
    That analogy got a lot sexier when you re-worded it...

This thread's actually making me miss him more than the Appreciation thread.

I agree that Kurt's spirituality should be a factor in his character, but I think they overdid it there a couple times towards the end.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

Professional Hedonist cybrestrike's Avatar

616 Kurt Wagner. AOA Nightcrawler isn't doing it for me.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magma Magik Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Husk Chamber Skin

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    This thread's actually making me miss him more than the Appreciation thread.

I agree that Kurt's spirituality should be a factor in his character, but I think they overdid it there a couple times towards the end.
    that's being generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    The current one is fine, fulfils all my Nightcrawler needs. More like the original, carefree, Claremonty Nightcrawler. They should get rid of that red stuff on his face though.
    I liked the original and I find this version fun. He rides about on undead unicorns.

Agreed on the face ?tattoos? or whatever that is. The costume is enough to differentiate him.

I always thought it was red dawn related, but I admit I'm very unfamiliar with AoA beyond some basics.

BANNED

I always assumed it was from the Crimson dawn, can't remember why. Did Mystique have the same in AoA?

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    I always assumed it was from the Crimson dawn, can't remember why. Did Mystique have the same in AoA?
    It's Crimson not red. Don't know why I got mixed there.

Nightcrawler throughout much of the 2000's suffered from being shoehorned into too large of an ensemble cast. Writers would only give him a few lines of dialogue and it would usually center on his faith. All this ended up doing was make him seem one-dimensional in this respect, which ultimately caused new writers to be less and less interested in utilizing him. AoA Nightcrawler has been sort of a reset button on the Kurt character, bringing him back a bit to a place where he is more fun, more multifaceted, and more interesting to read about.

Both are awesome. But 616 Kurt is my all time fav super hero

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    Nightcrawler throughout much of the 2000's suffered from being shoehorned into too large of an ensemble cast. Writers would only give him a few lines of dialogue and it would usually center on his faith. All this ended up doing was make him seem one-dimensional in this respect, which ultimately caused new writers to be less and less interested in utilizing him. AoA Nightcrawler has been sort of a reset button on the Kurt character, bringing him back a bit to a place where he is more fun, more multifaceted, and more interesting to read about.
    And when someone did try to give the guy something to do and somewhere to go, we got Draco.

His was not the noblest sacrifice, but merely the most appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    Agreed that AoA Nightcrawler is a good "reset" button in that it reminds people Nightcrawler can be fun. But that doesn't make him a good permanent replacement; AoA Kurt is too different from 616 Kurt in too many fundamental ways (and lacks all the history/interpersonal relationships from the 616 that make a character rich or multifaceted). I hope AoA Kurt is a step on the path toward revitalization of 616 Kurt (who'd obviously been suffering a dearth of riding around on undead unicorns for way too many years).