Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

For instance, on JMS run sometimes she was oversexualized even with tights/pants. Pants don't stop drawers to focus on her butt!

Thanks for posting, WhitOro.

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    I love Hippolyta's first outfit!
    Wish they would have used that one - much better, imo (though I like the shoes from the second better).

And speaking of footwear, why do Diana's boots look so much better in a sketch than in the comic? They fit!
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Velasco View Post
    Well, yes and no. They are visually tights. Just as Superman, Batman, GL etc don't wear pants. They wear tights.
    The Question and Golden Age Sandman wear pants.

The reason I think the distinction is important is because one of the arguments about the classic "bathing suit" costume is that its overt "sexiness" makes it difficult to take the character seriously. So the question is "By putting on a pair of pantyhose under a bathing suit, do you suddenly gain street credibility?" Or do your tights need to be of the lycra spandex variety?

Well I'll rephrase.. It's not pants, but the legs are covered. I imagine on film, those pants she's wearing would probably look like Storm's uniform in the 1st X-Men movie, or like the Black Widow in Iron Man / Avengers. I'm not sure if there is ANY "credibility" involved in someone who is wearing a Superhero costume.

I saw the unaired pilot of the Adrianne Palicki version where she was wearing pants and in that case it's the bustier that came into question. I think to gain credibility they would have to take an approach similar to the Bionic Woman, where she didn't have a superhero costume at all.

In comics, I don't know what to tell you.... it's a comic, and we expect superheroes to be dressed in all kinds of flash or bling... something that wouldn't normally translate entirely well into film.

The first Hippolyta's outfit is very similar to Diana's armour in issue #08

The "pants" design is pretty cool, although I'm not sure about the extra-high boots. I like that the "seams" still give the impression of the classic "panties".

That typed, the way the Wonder Woman costume is being drawn in her own title is good with me. I can't recall a single instance of Wonder Woman as being depicted "falling out" of her costume (either up top or from behind).

I wonder if Zola always in panties is some sort of rebellion. Like, okay we have to have Diana in panties then no woman gets to wear pants!

She is in panties only in issue #1. I take it she was sleeping before Hermes appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    The "pants" design is pretty cool, although I'm not sure about the extra-high boots. I like that the "seams" still give the impression of the classic "panties".

That typed, the way the Wonder Woman costume is being drawn in her own title is good with me. I can't recall a single instance of Wonder Woman as being depicted "falling out" of her costume (either up top or from behind).
    Look at the differences in Diana between Chiang and Lee. I don't think Chiang can draw Diana to be bursting out of her top. I've asked this before, but does Chiang's Diana even sport cleavage? Whereas Lee's Wondy is practically bursting out of hers.

Mark Millar Licks Goats BeccaBlast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Look at the differences in Diana between Chiang and Lee. I don't think Chiang can draw Diana to be bursting out of her top. I've asked this before, but does Chiang's Diana even sport cleavage? Whereas Lee's Wondy is practically bursting out of hers.
    Nope, and he doesn't need to show it off. Chiang is drawing a Diana who is powerful, beautiful and and extremely sexy without making her costume violate 20 laws of physics just to stay in place. It's no slight to Azzarello to say that Chiang's Diana is one of the best things about the new 52.
    Some days a girl wants to ride ponies. Some days a girl wants to punch tanks. Today ... is a tank day.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Look at the differences in Diana between Chiang and Lee.
    Indeed. That's why I only mentioned how she was drawn in her own title. I'm not a fan of how she is drawn in Justice League. The facial features at times resemble a teenager and the costume is ridiculously small and ineffectual at containing her "assets". Whereas in her own title, I don't even question the fact that she's running around in essentially a bathing suit. Wonder Woman looks strong, imposing and more than capable of defeating a bunch of rogues without anything popping out or falling down.

They should dust off the pants at least for comedic purpose. Diana forgets a red hat in the washing machines, makes the shorts go pink and needs to use the pants as a change. Then everybody in the intere world/justice league freaks out about it.

On another note, I'm glad they didn't go for Zeus first design.

When will the paperback version of Blood come out?
    "People don't actually like Wonder Woman. They like the idea in their head of what a "wonder woman" ought to be, which usually bears little resemblance to the character in the comics." - JKCarrier

Quote Originally Posted by Boonciaver View Post
    When will the paperback version of Blood come out?
    This week.

Alongwith the 2nd HC Wonder Woman : Guts as well.