View Poll Results: Should Batgirl join the Justice League?

Voters
209. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes, she should join the JLA

43 20.57%
  • No she should not join

166 79.43%
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    . . . Ah so current sales is to decide who is on a team and who isn't? Suppose we better get rid of Superman, Cyborg, Flash & Wonder Woman then.
    But DC is a business.

If a character is popular, it makes sense for the company to shove that character onto a superhero team (like Marvel with Wolverine and Spider-Man), whether it seems like a good idea or not. (Writers can just be told to "make it work".)
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But DC is a business.

If a character is popular, it makes sense for the company to shove that character onto a superhero team (like Marvel with Wolverine and Spider-Man), whether it seems like a good idea or not. (Writers can just be told to "make it work".)
    While that is true, Justice League is currently under the control of Geoff Johns, and I doubt you can actually do that with him and get a satisfactory result. Secondly it is jarring with how they, as far as I know, are still hung up on the 'iconic' bits about it (excluding Cyborg who Geoff Johns likes...but cant write).
    There's 6-7 other teams she could potentially hold membership of providing a proper lead in is provided, and perhaps it will mean that this team book is helped out a bit by Barbara fans (unlike JL that doesn't really need help with sales).

But I admit I am personally biased against the idea of turning the Justice League book into a display of DC's sales charts, partially because as a reader, I'd be annoyed if a character I liked was removed from the team because another book wasn't doing well enough and partially because I cant help but think of the nightmare the write will have in putting up with fluctuating sales of others peoples books and having to adjust his or her story according to them.

Barbara is a great character, she's been in better shape as a character, but I think she be better off on another team than this particular version of the Justice League.

So what other teams is Batgirl a good fit for?

Several posts deleted.

Please remember that one of the forum rules is that we talk about comics, not each other.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    So what other teams is Batgirl a good fit for?
    Barbara was on Grant Morrison's JLA. After that, everything is going to be a bit of a letdown.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Barbara was on Grant Morrison's JLA. After that, everything is going to be a bit of a letdown.
    Whether you like Morrison or not, that was Barbara Gordon, but she wasn't Batgirl. So Oracle's membership in a past league is a totally different creature.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Too bad that began and ended with Morrison.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

The cover to Future's End #2:

Batgirl can be seen in the background amongst other Leaguers, it looks like somewhere in between now and five years into the New 52 future our Batgirl is finally getting her due and becoming a member of the Justice League!! She's deserved this for SO long, I am psyched at this possibility!
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

As someone who simultaneously liked Waid's JLA run and hated Morrison's Batman run, I have to agree with this. Babs was amazing during Morrison's JLA run.

Quote Originally Posted by edge007 View Post
    As someone who simultaneously liked Waid's JLA run and hated Morrison's Batman run, I have to agree with this. Babs was amazing during Morrison's JLA run.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Whether you like Morrison or not, that was Barbara Gordon, but she wasn't Batgirl. So Oracle's membership in a past league is a totally different creature.
    Exactly, they are talking about a completely different animal/character/version. This thread is about Batgirl being on the Justice League, and it looks like the door has FINALLY been officially opened! We are this much closer to finally seeing something along these lines becoming a reality:

I am now eager to see if Batgirl writer Ms. Simone will address this in the solo book for the five years forward issue.

Over the years I was frustrated for so long because earlier on in Batgirl's history she was always depicted as too old to be on the Teen Titans, but at the same time she was considered too young to be considered seasoned enough to get a slot on the Justice League. She was stuck in a no-man's land team book wise. And now she was shoe-horned onto the current incarnation of BOP where she has never really fit well, but was just named leader two issues ago when Black Canary stepped down. So maybe the seasoning there will be where she finally can get consideration for her abilities to get onto the League.
    Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 04-05-2014 at 08:20 AM.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    I am now eager to see if Batgirl writer Ms. Simone will address this in the solo book for the five years forward issue.
    This is DC. Odds are nobody even told her Babs was going to join the League.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

This is DC. Odds are nobody even told her Babs was going to join the League.
    Lol, you could be very right about that!
    Pull list:

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    The cover to Future's End #2:

Batgirl can be seen in the background amongst other Leaguers, it looks like somewhere in between now and five years into the New 52 future our Batgirl is finally getting her due and becoming a member of the Justice League!! She's deserved this for SO long, I am psyched at this possibility!
    She'd be pushing 28/29 by then so shouldnt she change her name to Batwoman/ In all seriousness, Im glad your excited and this is a cool possibilty.

To clarify my other statement, I was just interested in Batgirl trying something and be out of her element so I would have had her hang out with a Gen-13-esque team. a better way to explain it would be i rather see Nightwing join Justice league Dark rather than Titans cause he'll more out of his element. People keep harping on about his leadership skills/empathy etc so lets see him earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    She'd be pushing 28/29 by then so shouldnt she change her name to Batwoman/ In all seriousness, Im glad your excited and this is a cool possibilty.
    Starting the New 52 Batgirl was 21 yrs old and then had a birthday in her book, which makes her now 22. So add five years and she'll be 27 yrs old for this story line.
    Pull list:

Since Batgirl is seen in what could be a pool of blood on that cover, could that means she died?