Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Shelf Life - May 31, 2012

With this week's release of the final issue of "Magdalena," Ron Marz looks back at the character and her latest series, citing the ups and downs, strengths and weaknesses it had over the past 2 years of publication.

Full article here.

Hmm, thats a damn shame. Really great book. Delays hurt it though.

Now wheres Shinku Ron!?

I'm sad to see Magdalena go. It's been a book that I always look forward to. I bought the Magdalena Origins trades and all the individual issues as they were coming out. I bought the first paperback of the series, and I plan on buying the second. Hopefully some day in the future the book can return with better sales.

That's a shame. Magdalena was the only reason I bought Top Cow books, bought every issues and the trades, now it looks like Artifacts is the only TC book I'll be reading.
    Justice prevails... evil justice!

Such a shame. I thought it was a very good run with one of my favorite characters. I do think the scheduling woes were a large part of what killed it... I had it on my pull list, so never worried, but I have to imagine a normal shopper just stopped looking for it at their LCS at some point.

Fortunately. I have the first Omnibus of Magdalena (the book with the awful big yellow strip and the red Top Cow name inside - horrible...).

It is much much better than the actual series. The art was so awful in the first issues: how to sell comics with a great cover art and poor inside art. I was so deceived by this new "interpretation" (same feeling about the "new" Lady Death") that I have dropped the book a few issues later. Not a miss.

Theres a Magdalena Omnibus?

Quote Originally Posted by fredmanson View Post
    Fortunately. I have the first Omnibus of Magdalena (the book with the awful big yellow strip and the red Top Cow name inside - horrible...).

It is much much better than the actual series. The art was so awful in the first issues: how to sell comics with a great cover art and poor inside art. I was so deceived by this new "interpretation" (same feeling about the "new" Lady Death") that I have dropped the book a few issues later. Not a miss.
    Nelson's art was a bit jarring at first, but really grew on me after a while.

I liked Benitez' and Basaldua's runs as well, art-wise.