Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

First: "Take off the pants! This is not Wonder Woman!"
    Now: "Bring back the pants! No one can respect an Wonder Woman without them!"

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest1495 View Post
    This is going to be another Justice League vs Superman & Batman villains. 2 Batman and 2 Superman villains already revealed. It is obvious joker and Darkseid are going to be in this game. Some people might not consider Darkseid as Superman villain. I want Ares or Cheetah for Wonder Woman and Zoom/Mirror Master for Flash.
    If the roster is large enough, I could see Cheetah definitely being part of the game. Possibly Circe or Giganta (if they're adventurous), too.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    If the roster is large enough, I could see Cheetah definitely being part of the game. Possibly Circe or Giganta (if they're adventurous), too.
    Probably not. The actual gameplay mechanics likely aren't going to support someone whose sole ability is to change size. Notice the Marvel vs. Capcom games don't use Giant-Man/Ant-Man outside of cameo.

Well, in MK vs DCU, the first DLC was intented to be Quan Chi (MK) & Harley Quinn (DC), but stupid Midway cancelled the plans. Now, finally, NetherRealm Studios can show her Harley Quinn, this is the main reason (aside of the BAC's recent DLC) to be the "main" villian female.

And I hope that NRS won't take off the pants.

ugh-- more overly detailed, funky-crunchy- candy coated armor plating for everytone! Yay! Apart from DIana's being hideous, I always wonder about the functionality of all that cr*p on a costume for the Flash-- never really seems very aerodynamic to me....

M

OMG REALLY EXCITED TO SEE WW in a game after so long :D :D Howeverrrr....boy I dread that costume, breastplate is WAYYYY too heavy, no TIARA, pants look weird, are we going with the retractable pants thing again? lol...

Scrumtrilescent

Well 2 things:

1. That outfit for WW is pretty bad IMO.
    2. From what I saw the game looks pretty dull. Sort of like - been there, done that.
    Insert deep or humorous quotation here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    - Did Batman just kick Grundy through a building?
    I know this is a fighting game, but that kind of thing always seems odd to me.

I want to be excited for this. I really do. But MK vs. DC was not a great game, and WW was not well done there. So, I'll probably still get this, but I'm nervous about it.

ps. Hoping for Cheetah and an alternate WW costume (battle skirt, please).
    Last edited by americanwonder; 05-31-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

The thing I don't like is, Wonder Woman inevitably becomes nothing more than this sword gal (which is so unnecessary) and Superman is the only one with super strength in the team. They don't even show all of Wonder Woman's powers, let alone the EXTENT of her powers. Tiara throwing was completely removed in MK vs DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce-wayne View Post
    The thing I don't like is, Wonder Woman inevitably becomes nothing more than this sword gal (which is so unnecessary) and Superman is the only one with super strength in the team.
    If everyone has the power to kick the opponent through buildings and such I don't think it really counts as Superman being the only one with super strength. Otherwise there'd be no game, just Superman KOing everyone with one slap.

BANNED

Usually in fighting games the characters are different in the way they fight and how good you are at making them and their moves work for you. Added most of the characters are only human or all have a pretty similar baseline. I am pretty sure they will do this game the same way, because no one is interested in featuring a single character that is so much more powerful than any of the others the player would be a fool not to use him or her.

So we get to see batman kick Grundy through a building and Quinn holding her own against Diana, big deal, as long as the game is entertaining (though I hope it wont be like Tekken 6 where 75% of the game was stuff going on around the actual fighting part...).

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    I know this is a fighting game, but that kind of thing always seems odd to me.

I want to be excited for this. I really do. But MK vs. DC was not a great game, and WW was not well done there. So, I'll probably still get this, but I'm nervous about it.

ps. Hoping for Cheetah and an alternate WW costume (battle skirt, please).
    To be fair, I just checked, and the guys doing Injustice didn't do MK Vs. DC--the crossover game was done by Midway Amusement, and this is being done by NetherRealm Studios, who did the latest semi-reboot Mortal Kombat.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    One thing it should be mentioned is that it doesn't necessarily mean the League's gone evil. It says, "Our world's greatest heroes...become our biggest threat." That could mean a lot of things. It could mean they were framed, or maybe someone evil has taken control and the League has to fight against governments to stop them.

I do agree that Batman kicking Grundy through the building was mad stupid, though.
    I'm pretty sure I've used a raccoon to beat up the Hulk in another fighting game, and that's kinda the point.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    To be fair, I just checked, and the guys doing Injustice didn't do MK Vs. DC--the crossover game was done by Midway Amusement, and this is being done by NetherRealm Studios, who did the latest semi-reboot Mortal Kombat.
    I get that - and I am trying to be hopeful - but the feel of the trailer seems (to me) to rely heavily on MKvs.DC. I had fun with MKvsDC, but WW, in particular, wasn't all that well done, imo. They tried to make her a tank like Superman and Captain Marvel, but gave all the best moves to Superman and Captain Marvel. Even Catwoman got better whip attacks. So, WW felt like she got the leftovers after the other characters were finished. Hopefully NetherRealm can do a better job of it.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

The guys of MK vs DCU are the same of Mortal Kombat (2011), and the rest of MK fighting games (except MK Mythologies: Sub-Zero, MK: Special Forces & MK: Shaolin Monks, and maybe few ports). The main difference is that Midway blows away, and Warner Bros hired the NRS and give it to them the adequate resources & times.

This time will be better, funnier & elaborated than the last time.