Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sonicx1977 View Post
    I dont know the issue anymore, but in a Wolverine comic, where he fought Nazi´S an SS Trooper said in German Language : "Scheissen!!" He meant " Schiessen"

Scheissen: to shit

Schiessen: Shoot

The Trooper ordered to shit on Wolvie!

They screwed up, Big Time!
    Would have loved to have seen the trooper react to that. "Excuse me, you want me to do what?"
    One lab accident away from being a super-villain

NOT Bucky O'Hare! The Confessor's Avatar

During J. Michael Strazynski's run on Amazing Spider-Man some years back, Mary Jane Watson had her arm broken by Morlun, but the very next time we saw her, her arm was fine...no cast on, nothing! Obviously this was a goof and one that I imagine a number of readers picked up on and wrote in about. Consequently an issue or two later, there was a hilarious piece of dialogue between Peter Parker and Tony Stark on the subject, which ended in a nice bit of breaking the 4th wall...

MY PULL LIST
    Astro City • Kick-Ass 3 • Star Wars: Dark Times • Superior Spider-Man

That time when Jack Kirby AND Joe Sinnot (who should have caught it) gave Reed Richards either two right or two left hands--ON THE SPLASH PAGE! Heck, how did STAN LEE miss it, too!?

Another funny one is when the rookie Frank Miller had Elektra do a spinning back kick--but he too gave her either two left or right feet--or simply forgot which side the big toe is supposed to be on with that maneuver!

Comics, there's nothing like 'em!
    FAV Comics: Lil' ABNER, DICK TRACY, BATMAN, UNCLE SCROOGE, KAMUI, TOMB OF DRACULA, THE MIGHTY THOR by LEE\KIRBY, WONDER WOMAN by PEREZ\KAREN BERGER, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-206 and EC COMICS!

Forgive Friedrich's Debt Aaron Kashtan's Avatar

This isn't a comic, but Don Quixote is full of continuity errors. Probably the most famous one involves Sancho Panza's donkey. At one point in Part I, the donkey is stolen, but in the first edition of the book, either Cervantes or the printer accidentally left out the passage explaining how the donkey is stolen. On top of that, later in Part I, Sancho starts riding the same donkey again, with no explanation of how he got it back.
    Aaron Kashtan | Formerly Sir Tim Drake
    Classic Comics Forum Moderator Emeritus
    COTM MC Emeritus
    Brittain Fellowship | UF Comics Studies | Examples of my work
    ---
    "Meanwhile, a puppy that fell down a storm drain on Proxima Centauri was rescued by a trained slith, which unfortunately then ate it. And now, sports."

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Kashtan View Post
    On top of that, later in Part I, Sancho starts riding the same donkey again, with no explanation of how he got it back.
    Literature's first instance of a Skrull?
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Modus omnibus in rebus Roquefort Raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    It is extremely painful to spit one's coffee through one's nostrils when bursting out laughing, dan! Ouch!!!
    People in white coats (science cartoons, updated daily) | Art Blog

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    Now I understand why the chapter was titled "Three Donkeys Shot Me Down!"
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

Modus omnibus in rebus Roquefort Raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Kashtan View Post
    On top of that, later in Part I, Sancho starts riding the same donkey again, with no explanation of how he got it back.
    The editor said "Miguel, we need more ass in that story".
    People in white coats (science cartoons, updated daily) | Art Blog

There's bloopers ... and then there's holocaust bloopers:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...rinting-error/
    Boycott Marvel. Make Mine Kirby.

Ugh, double post.
    Boycott Marvel. Make Mine Kirby.

Nice save on the Mary Jane broken arm. I love that.

I can see continuity errors sneeking through nowadays, but there must be better QA for errors like two left feet or the Spider-Man/Super-Man error. Back in the day it was probably just the editor giving it a quick flip through.

The scheissen error probably went unoticed by millions, but would that make it past spell checkers today?

Forgive Friedrich's Debt Aaron Kashtan's Avatar

If scientific errors count, then in Adventure Comics #463, Wonder Woman distracts a swarm of killer bees by swinging her lasso at a frequency that mimics a queen bee's mating call.

That implies one of two possiblities: either Gerry Conway, who wrote this story, was unaware that only female bees can sting; or all the bees are lesbians.
    Aaron Kashtan | Formerly Sir Tim Drake
    Classic Comics Forum Moderator Emeritus
    COTM MC Emeritus
    Brittain Fellowship | UF Comics Studies | Examples of my work
    ---
    "Meanwhile, a puppy that fell down a storm drain on Proxima Centauri was rescued by a trained slith, which unfortunately then ate it. And now, sports."

In Avengers #35 (v.1) Captain America and Hawkeye are caught in a laser beam trap and Cap tries to get out by throwing his shield in the direction of the laser stream. It disintegrates. Later in the book , after they are freed by Goliath , Cap has his shield with him. How did his indestructible shield get harmed and if it did ,how did he have it 8 pages later?
    Life is what you make it.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sonicx1977 View Post
    I dont know the issue anymore, but in a Wolverine comic, where he fought Nazi´S an SS Trooper said in German Language : "Scheissen!!" He meant " Schiessen"

Scheissen: to shit

Schiessen: Shoot

The Trooper ordered to shit on Wolvie!

They screwed up, Big Time!
    I have to make a comment: It's been five minutes since I read that and I still can't help snickering like a mad woman. My eyes are blurred from tears of laughter. Thank you. Thank you, for that post.

You are welcome, Kyer.

The last blopper is in the recent Aquaman 9, another translation mistake. On the first page stands a sign, and it says (i have to memorize it, doesnt have the issue at hand) Psychater Haus, its totally wrong in German. It could say: Psychatrisches Krankenhaus or something like that. I wonder why the writer cant translate such a simple thing? It happens all the time when an english writer trys to write German. The same with Nightcrawler, i think their is a mistake in at least half of his German sentences.