Page 60 of 94 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

I have a silver age Avengers 22 and the pages are messed up each page has 6 inches of nothing and then you only get half the comic cause it's cut off. next page has the top okay and a 6 inch blank at the bottom. So on thru out the comic. Is this trash or worth anything. thanks

Hi. Does anyone know how long will be the next arc of Winter Soldier?

Default Iron Man Issue question

Can anyone help me out? I've been scouring the internet trying to find the volume and issues where a certain event occurs. I have copied and pasted a short description of the event from wiki. I want to read the arc but I can't figure out which volume and issues I should be looking at. Help anyone?

The Mandarin infiltrates the U.S. government via his role as CEO of Prometheus, a corporation specializing in bio-engineered weaponry. He appears to be using Extremis creator and Tony Stark's former love interest Maya Hansen to produce an army of Extremis enhanced soldiers as well as financing and arming terrorists around the globe. The Mandarin also appears to plan unleashing the Extremis virus in aerosol form on the public, expecting the 97.5% fatality ratio to cause a mass catastrophe of deaths.

It was a storyline that ran throughout the Knauffs' run, Iron Man vol. 4, Director of SHIELD.

in Marvel, Apart from Midgard, Hell and Asgard, Are the other Nine Worlds from Norse mythology planetoids like Asgard, whole planets like Midgard or what?

Is there something where Asgard used to be located?

Quote Originally Posted by chamelean75 View Post
    Can anyone help me out? I've been scouring the internet trying to find the volume and issues where a certain event occurs. I have copied and pasted a short description of the event from wiki. I want to read the arc but I can't figure out which volume and issues I should be looking at. Help anyone?

The Mandarin infiltrates the U.S. government via his role as CEO of Prometheus, a corporation specializing in bio-engineered weaponry. He appears to be using Extremis creator and Tony Stark's former love interest Maya Hansen to produce an army of Extremis enhanced soldiers as well as financing and arming terrorists around the globe. The Mandarin also appears to plan unleashing the Extremis virus in aerosol form on the public, expecting the 97.5% fatality ratio to cause a mass catastrophe of deaths.
    Iron Man: Haunted.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Girl View Post
    Plus in Avengers 5, with the timeline, it strongly hints Voodoo (or his brother) will return
    yup bendis the man
    :o
    Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better.

-Sydney J. Harris :o

Dont know but the Ultimate verison is really ruthless.

Side question; What does Thor do when hes not doing Avenger work? Go right back to Asgard?
    :o
    Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better.

-Sydney J. Harris :o

Quote Originally Posted by YoungG03 View Post
    Side question; What does Thor do when hes not doing Avenger work? Go right back to Asgard?
    Usually, yeah. Either that or patrol the city.

Biege Lantern

Hi
    I've been reading the main A vs X title but not New Avengers so was wondering if the link between the Phoenix and Iron Fist had been explained or at least touched upon ?

Quote Originally Posted by is it just me View Post
    Hi
    I've been reading the main A vs X title but not New Avengers so was wondering if the link between the Phoenix and Iron Fist had been explained or at least touched upon ?
    "Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #19 (1975), written by Chris Claremont, introduced us to the Firebird which represented the soul and potential goodness for the Earth.

Before the Great Cataclysm just after the N’Garai were banished from ruling the Earth, a woman known as Jade was physically and sexually assaulted by a band of men and left for dead in the woods. When she recovered she was so mentally anguished that she prayed for death and in response, she was exposed to a blinding light which set her afire, and transformed her into the Firebird, the mystical embodiment of all that is good, kind, decent and noble in humanity. In this way Jade represented all that is best, and served as humanity’s soul, and thus lifted humanity out of the charnal pit the N’Garai had dug for it, allowing it to rise above its damned infancy. Millennia later, the demon sorcerer, Dhasha Khan, sought the power of the Firebird directing a group of people to assault its human manifestation, Jade, in Feng-Tu, the realm of the dead for the people of K’un L’un. This assault was prevented by Iron Fist, who it was suggested was Firebird’s protector.
    "
    Last edited by ZNOP; 06-09-2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Typo correction(s)
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

So Firebird = Phoenix Force? Did we know that the Phoenix Force took possession of others before Jean Grey?

Quote Originally Posted by gforce99 View Post
    So Firebird = Phoenix Force?
    No, not even remotely... In this instance the "Firebird" was an aspect of Gaea" (See: Jade). Also, Jade (Firebird) is not to be confused with Bonita (Firebird) Juarez.

Did we know that the Phoenix Force took possession of others before Jean Grey?
    Only, if you respect the Necrom, Feron, and subsequently; Korvus/(Rook'shir) retcon(s). Although I must point out that in the latest retcon regarding "Fongji" who was introduced in New Avengers Vol 2 #25 (June, 2012) was never mentioned in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #19 or in any other publication prior for that matter.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 06-10-2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Link(s) added.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Who watches over & protects Namor & Black Panther's kingdoms when they are away, and why would they risk dying and leave the kingdom without a king, dont they have soldiers that can take their place amongst the avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Leogam View Post
    Who watches over & protects Namor & Black Panther's kingdoms when they are away, and why would they risk dying and leave the kingdom without a king, dont they have soldiers that can take their place amongst the avengers
    There are usually royal protocols of some sort to dictate who receives the throne in the event of the king's death. Also, Atlantis and Wakanda are both very well-defended nations that could hold their own against foreign invaders quite well in the absence of Namor and the Black Panther, respectively. Does the United States' defense force become useless when the President is abroad? Of course not - same goes for Atlantis and Wakanda.