Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

He doesn't really have pants.
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar

Cassie wins. Reading about RC's durability and flight, it won't be as easy as I first thought. But she has ranged attacks too and she's just far, far too much faster.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 05-31-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Cassie wins. Reading about RC's durability and flight, it won't be as easy as I first thought. But she has ranged attacks too and she's just far, far too much faster.
    That's the whole point, she is only faster in movement/running speed, but even that isn't necessarily faster than his reaction speed/marksmanship. Also Robocops gun isn't something you'd encounter on the streets of Gotham, in fact no human could wield it simply because of the recoil from the rounds his unloads if i remember correctly, let alone properly aim it. His gun fired off like what 3 round burst per second?
    Last edited by Kage Kisaragi; 05-31-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Robocop has caught a bullet in his hand after it was fired (Robocop 3) and has shot a bullet out of the air (in Robocop 1, then in the TV series).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOdELisKpP4

With reference to a previous discussion, with Robocop's bullet catch, performed much more effortlessly, obviously makes it a bulletimer.

Isn't that right, Syrile Demonthyst?
    When was the bullet shot out of the air feat?
    This has came up before and it was pretty much accepted that his bullet catch was SMvFL because of it being a single outlier in three movies when he was shown to be slow and sluggish otherwise.
    Although, if he does have another feat (the bullet-shot, if it was done with speed) then that is more than fine.

Also, it is much appreciated if you leave my name out of your posts since you do not even quote me properly when you try to debate with me. Making claims about what I say and then lying about what they mean is not the way to debate with people.
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
    - That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    When was the bullet shot out of the air feat?
    This has came up before and it was pretty much accepted that his bullet catch was SMvFL because of it being a single outlier in three movies when he was shown to be slow and sluggish otherwise.
    Although, if he does have another feat (the bullet-shot, if it was done with speed) then that is more than fine.

Also, it is much appreciated if you leave my name out of your posts since you do not even quote me properly when you try to debate with me. Making claims about what I say and then lying about what they mean is not the way to debate with people.
    Oh, a single feat in an entire appearance is evidence is grounds for SMvsFL?

I'm glad you know that.

And you already have been told where the bullet shots happened. This line of dismissing statements offhand appears to be a pattern.

But fine, I'll humor you.

Robocop 1: Robocop shoots a bullet out of the air that was heading for the president of Omnicorp.
    Robocop vs. Robocable: In the series of made for TV movies following the Robocop TV series, a dual-wielding version of Robocop known as Robo Cable tries to shoot two of Murphy's friends, how does he get out of it? By shooting Cable's first bullet and causing it to ricochet the second off course as well.
    Last edited by Twickster; 05-31-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Oh, a single feat in an entire appearance is evidence is grounds for SMvsFL?
    Out of three movies with dozens of feats, yes.

And you already have been told where the bullet shots happened. This line of dismissing statements offhand appears to be a pattern.
    And your complete inability to acknowledge what someone actually says appears to be a pattern with you.
    - That is all.

Okay, no more personal comments.

Keep to the debate. Provide feats. In context.

(disregard this post)
    Last edited by Twickster; 05-31-2012 at 08:00 PM.

I'm assuming Twickster is referring to the Prime Directives tv movies, which are an alternate continuity that follows from the events of the original 1987 movie. They are non-canon to the second and third movies, and vice versa.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall
    set me free.

Taken from the movie script. The movie has events that flow almost the same way as the book, except David Lynch (the Director) at some point decided that the Voice should also involve an outright attack (through the movie only "Weirding module") and not only mind control. However, it should suffice to show the effect of the control until I find book chapters.

Notice that the guards were professional soldiers under House Harkonnen. Not as good as Fremen or Sadaukar, but still trained professionals. Also, in the bolded part was selectively used as a command (Fight over me) - enough to have a guy near instantaneously kill his buddy with joy.
    Wrong thread I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthaur View Post
    I'm assuming Twickster is referring to the Prime Directives tv movies, which are an alternate continuity that follows from the events of the original 1987 movie. They are non-canon to the second and third movies, and vice versa.
    For the bullet-shot?
    - That is all.

Taken from the movie script. The movie has events that flow almost the same way as the book, except David Lynch (the Director) at some point decided that the Voice should also involve an outright attack (through the movie only "Weirding module") and not only mind control. However, it should suffice to show the effect of the control until I find book chapters.

Notice that the guards were professional soldiers under House Harkonnen. Not as good as Fremen or Sadaukar, but still trained professionals. Also, in the bolded part was selectively used as a command (Fight over me) - enough to have a guy near instantaneously kill his buddy with joy.
    When you start posting feats in the wrong thread, it is generally time to take a step back.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Luckily, the 1st movie has him shooting bullets, which is referenced by the same continuity as the TV series, which has the same contuity as the TV movies.

The other bullet time feats, being in another contuinty has a bulletime feat as well.

Hence, Robocop has exhibited bulletime feats in both continuities. Moreso in the 1st movie continuity, no less.

If by "the 1st movie" you mean the original theatrical film, I'm pretty sure he doesn't shoot bullets out of the air at any point.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall
    set me free.

Lord of Apokolips The Black One's Avatar

Robocop 1: Robocop shoots a bullet out of the air that was heading for the president of Omnicorp.
    Robocop vs. Robocable: In the series of made for TV movies following the Robocop TV series, a dual-wielding version of Robocop known as Robo Cable tries to shoot two of Murphy's friends, how does he get out of it? By shooting Cable's first bullet and causing it to ricochet the second off course as well.
    Okay Pumpkin, time to shatter your world...

I'm a HUGH Robocop fan. I own/have seen every movie, all of the awful TV shows, which aren't even canon BTW, and read most of the comics.

He NEVER shot a bullet out of the air in defense of the President of OCP cuz, throughout that entire movie, Nobody ever actually shot at the "Old Man".

In three movies, he has ONE feat of speed, just one, and it completely contradicts everything depicted about him before hand, except for one comment made by Bob Morton during the presentation scene in RC1 where he claims that Robocop has the "fastest reflexes known to man kind." or something along those lines. The point is, beyond that one fluke scene, in what many consider to be among the worst movies of all time, Robocop has always been a walking tank with damn good aim, that about it.
    loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth mockery condemnation misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly love=lies life=death self=dark side

If by "the 1st movie" you mean the original theatrical film, I'm pretty sure he doesn't shoot bullets out of the air at any point.
    That is what a friend of mine said to.
    I cannot remember so I am watching the movie right now.
    Not seen it in say... 10+ years. Probably closer to 20. I was like 8.
    But we shall see.
    They do some strange stuff in movies.
    - That is all.