Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I liked the part where Wolverine says he's the one to call when someone needs a good stabbing while holding the phone.

I did appreciate that line about them not looking alike a lot. Also the flashbacks to the actual jean were nice.

I actually think Aaron did a great job of justifying Wolverine's actions in this issue and getting us inside his head. In fact, I'm not really sure that anyone else could've done a better job of that, and as a fan of the character I was glad to have the insight into his motivations in this event. I now find myself less mystified by his actions and in fact more supportive of them...though I still firmly side with the X-men over the Avengers...

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Wolverine's head is filled with ONE thing.

RED.

Thoughts of Red Blood, Red Hair, Red Right Hand, etc
    All RED.

That's all he thinks about. Red. Red. Red. pffft.
    Wolverine, welcome to your new obession.

Did Chamber, Husk, Genesis, or Blindfold make an appearance in this issue?

Retired

Bradshaw was the best thing about this issue.
    Last edited by .AČ; 05-30-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Did Chamber, Husk, Genesis, or Blindfold make an appearance in this issue?
    Aside from a possible one panel silent appearance by the kids (I can't recall) no.

EDIT - no.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    I'm curious. What do you consider Southerner idiosyncrasies?
    In this issue, for example Hope's "Yeah, and that ain't all I borrowed" line. I'm not actually American, so I could easily be way off base here. It's been a peeve of mine since the book started though. I remember Iceman copping it a fair bit in the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Aside from a possible one panel silent appearance by the kids (I can't recall) no.

EDIT - no.
    Thanks. :)

With no Bachalo and no them, this issue is a definite pass for me, lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seresecros View Post
    told youuuuuu
    Told us what?

Also, smh at Kitty's teaching skills. Does she really think those kids are going to be able to concentrate in class while their people are at war????

Yet another scene of Cap beating Gambit. Marvel really wants to hammer in the point.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

BANNED

3 issues now. They're rubbing it in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    Told us what?

Also, smh at Kitty's teaching skills. Does she really think those kids are going to be able to concentrate in class while their people are at war????
    I had a yoga class right after 911. The teacher hit just the right forceful tone of voice to make us DO our yoga.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I actually think Aaron did a great job of justifying Wolverine's actions in this issue and getting us inside his head. In fact, I'm not really sure that anyone else could've done a better job of that, and as a fan of the character I was glad to have the insight into his motivations in this event. I now find myself less mystified by his actions and in fact more supportive of them...though I still firmly side with the X-men over the Avengers...
    I agree with you: this issues made the end of AvX #4 a much more logical development. I still like this comic much better then most other MArvel books (and AvX books in particular), except for Uncanny X-Force.

Default True...

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Justifying Wolverine is a pretty big hurdle.
    It's somewhat insulting that Wolverine's internal monologue portrays him as being oblivious as to when his role encompassed killing children. Where has he been? This conversation didn't come up after he killed his own children? This didn't come up when he was fighting the new Kid Hellfire Club? No? It comes up now, when someone comes to him to for help. He goes against his character and his strong beliefs of loyalty to friends and loved ones, and suffers a memory lapse about his killing children and fighting against them, so he could pretend to be helping Hope but really is luring her into a trap. What an asshole. What's the saying "Who needs enemies, when you've got friends like these...."

I don't think this event has been particularly good for WatXM. Aaron seems to be at his best when he's not doing the traditional, superhero thing, and there is nothing more clichedly superhero than can x beat y in a fight. As a result, the book's come across as a bit flat and uninspired recently. This too shall pass, I guess.