This is what is known from the person (From SHH) who was at the WB screening:
1) TDKR Is far superior to TDK
2) Bane has such a strong presence that makes you almost forget the Joker even existed
3) The Film did indeed get a Standing Ovation
4) Grown Men came out of the viewing crying...its an absolutely emotional ending
5) There's quite a bit of action compared to the previous films, but that it doesn't overshadow the immense heart and depth of the story
6) Full story is told with more-than-adequate depth, development and conclusion in the WB cut
7) He be shocked if WB marketed a Bane Mask replica towards children, considering the purpose of the mask in the film. (When he was told about the bane mask in the halloween costumes he replied) "Yeah, that's awful. I mean, it's always fun to be a baddie for Halloween, but Bane? That mask is literally part of what makes him a villain. It's like including the Joker's knives with his costumes. I would say it's a wrong move."
8) Compared to the avengers its apples and oranges. The source loved Avengers and he was blown away by TDKR. It's hard to compare, though - they're quite different . He said they're both rollercoaster rides, but TDKR is kind of like a really creaky, old coaster where you feel it could fall apart at any second (and that's a good thing...it's similar to TDK in that it builds and builds, and it's scary. The analogy works because you do end up at that safe place. But the ride itself is exciting and unpredictable.) where Avengers was more of a solid-but-exciting ride. They're nothing at all alike.