Page 671 of 687 FirstFirst ... 171571621661667668669670671672673674675681 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,065 of 10293
    I need more Roberson! Count Yoda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green Griffin View Post
    i don't know how old everyone else is but i was born in the year of Terminator 2
    I like this dating system. Let me give it a try...

I was born in the year of Reservoir Dogs.
    I will have to give it a try, Nick Spencer be damned i'll give it a try.
    Hope you like it when you do!
    Taskmaster: I'm so much better than you. You can't win. You have to die.
    Moon Knight: Yes, kill me.... See if that works this time.

"Agnostic; lazy man's Atheist" - Pierce (Community)

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

i don't know how old everyone else is but i was born in the year of Terminator 2
    I remember going to see Terminator ... and the first Alien movie at the River Oaks theater in Calumet City, Ill. My sister and I went together to see Alien and when the Nostromo's crew sat down to eat dinner after the parasite let go of Kane's face, we decided it would be a dull scene and went to the ladies room. We heard all the screaming coming from the theater and wondered what was happening.

Of course, I don't think you'd get the same reaction today from audiences. We've become pretty jaded over the years. The loudest screams I remember were when we went to see Romero's "Dawn of the Dead" and the National Guard was clearing out the apartment complex.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Yoda View Post

I think I'll take the Fifth
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Yoda View Post

Hope you like it when you do!
    Well at lease i'm not the youngest kid on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I remember going to see Terminator ... and the first Alien movie at the River Oaks theater in Calumet City, Ill. My sister and I went together to see Alien and when the Nostromo's crew sat down to eat dinner after the parasite let go of Kane's face, we decided it would be a dull scene and went to the ladies room. We heard all the screaming coming from the theater and wondered what was happening.

Of course, I don't think you'd get the same reaction today from audiences. We've become pretty jaded over the years. The loudest screams I remember were when we went to see Romero's "Dawn of the Dead" and the National Guard was clearing out the apartment complex.
    I just bought the Alien Anthology on Blu Ray after watching Prometheus (which i liked very much) and i must say out of the series, Aliens is my favorite of them all.....and yet i hate Jame Cameron like there's no tomorrow. (i guess i liked 80's and early 90's Cameron.)

but my favorite scary movie is Cabin in the Woods.

okay i have read Bedlam and i must say it really is a great comic with great art. If i had to compare it to another comic i would say Dark Knight Returns from the point of view of the joker. I must say i can't wait for the next issue.

Well at lease i'm not the youngest kid on the block.

I just bought the Alien Anthology on Blu Ray after watching Prometheus (which i liked very much) and i must say out of the series, Aliens is my favorite of them all.....and yet i hate Jame Cameron like there's no tomorrow. (i guess i liked 80's and early 90's Cameron.)

but my favorite scary movie is Cabin in the Woods.
    Yeah, I thought "Titanic" was highly overrated and I found the Rose/Jack romance boring. Yet my younger niece saw it numerous times. I only liked the part when the ship went perpendicular and sank....and that took too long. Avatar, weak story IMO but great SFX

I liked Prometheus too but for some reason it gets its share of haterz.

I'd have to think about scary and get back on that one. But then I grew up watching the old Universal flix on WGN before cable so I like a lot of the B/W stuff that are rich with atmosphere but really not all that scary compared to today. They are almost like fairy tales with their lessons on morality, etc.

BANNED

I don't know if I can even watch that video about Arena, I that mad.

I think I'll take the Fifth
    heh, me too! I didn't see Dawn or Alien in the theatre (I don't think I could scare anyone up to take me) but I did rent them on VHS from a little mom and pop down the street.

Poltergeist was a fun one in the theatre. The theatre has since been renovated into a church/banquet hall. :/
    That is the Hurnslice I've come to know. Slightly confused but armed to the teeth and willing to eff you up! - RedRonin

Yeah, I thought "Titanic" was highly overrated and I found the Rose/Jack romance boring. Yet my younger niece saw it numerous times. I only liked the part when the ship went perpendicular and sank....and that took too long. Avatar, weak story IMO but great SFX

I liked Prometheus too but for some reason it gets its share of haterz.
    I like Titanic. It's schmaltzy but it's got great structure. I am one of the Prometheus haterz. Love both Alien and Aliens.

But then I grew up watching the old Universal flix on WGN before cable so I like a lot of the B/W stuff that are rich with atmosphere but really not all that scary compared to today. They are almost like fairy tales with their lessons on morality, etc.
    God, did I love the old B&W scary movies on WGN and WFLD. Great times with my dad, watching those. We became big fans of MST3000.
    Last edited by Hurnslice; 11-09-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    That is the Hurnslice I've come to know. Slightly confused but armed to the teeth and willing to eff you up! - RedRonin

speaking of Prometheus....

BANNED

Superior Prometheus.

Neo Evangelical Geniuses bebopeva88's Avatar
    Last edited by bebopeva88; 11-10-2012 at 09:08 AM.
    "It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

"Your opinion is like 10 mortal men's." RolandJP

Finch's regular cover for JLA #1...the 52 variants just have the respective state/district/territory's flag instead of the US one.

"It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

Also, because I'm super current and whatnot: Mark me down for being Meh at best on the WWZ trailer. I cannot stand the I Am Legend super speedy zombie. And the thing that was interesting about the novel seems to be erased in a linear type story. It's only a trailer and it might be awesome. Doesn't really look awesome, though.

Chew is great.

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    Gal. And I resemble your remark.
    Oh, we're getting so diverse!