Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What's your perfect song?

Do you have that connection to a song that gives you the balance of quality & memory that fits together in a perfect balance that resonates within you?

I do. It reminds me of my lowest times. I was in prison. I discovered the song that the officials let us view on the TV. It was a great song musically &*it stayed with me thru the years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq-T49MqRiQ&feature=fvst

Anyone else want to contribute?

It would depend what day you ask me...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Perhaps the Beatles' "A Day In The Life." Though I read way too much into the lyrics, not knowing how literal they were. I came away with: life is short and mostly meaningless, hence why we need our passions ("I'd love to turn you on").
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Soul Gem Resident adam_warlock_2099's Avatar

Imagine by John Lennon ... after a childhood of religion and cultism this song about speaks my thoughts on life and spirituality perfectly.
    "To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
    "You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)

Ain't no such thing as perfection, but a song that would fit your description in the opening post, would be 'Corners Of My Mind' by Nikka Costa, which is the final track on her 'Everybody Got Their Something' album.
    At the time I was listening to this album, I felt kind of down in the dumps. Pretty much the entire album helped me a little in viewing my life from a fresh new angle, but 'Corners Of My Mind' was probably the stand-out song on it. It's lyrics admittedly have a general appeal, but I applied them to my own situation. The verses speak in vague terms about how people relate to one another, and since I was pretty much socially isolated and tended to push everyone away from me who tried to get close back when I first heard this album, the lyrics to 'Corners' contributed to making me stop and think about what I was doing, and also how I viewed myself and others.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3doGIORWpM0

It's not even my all-time favourite song! But it still does a lot for me.

It's in my name. Der Erlkonig :)

Landslide

While Stevie dedicates it to her father, it would ring true for me with my mother, and my great grand-mother. Since my early teen years, I suppose I prepared myself with a fear of growing older that seemed almost adult in my thought process.I just was never sure if I could actually handle myself when it came to the real world. Now that I've grown, I realized I had to get over it. I was dependent on my mother and great grandmother for fear of actually having to be out on my own. But with my mom falling into some psychological issues, and my great-grandmother being given an indefinite, yet short time to live. I have to become strong enough.

Jesus Christ by Brand New

Such a beautifully written song, the lyrics really speak to me, as does that whole album.

I don't know if Frank Turner is known in the US but he should be. Had a few things happen this summer that have been a little hard to take, and this guy's discography is a stunning soundtrack to a difficult time.

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Maybe not perfect, but Goblin's Hong Kong theme (La Via Della Droga #2) from the La Via Dolla Druga score is something I can listen to a loop for hours on end. As relaxing background music, to clear my head and calm me down, or just to teleport me into that junk with Fabio Testi at his prime.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

I don't have just "one" song, but if I had to go with one, I'd probably pick something by Pink Floyd, probably "Welcome to the Machine" or any other song from them.

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

Pearl Jam - Black

Much of the song is rather is rather oblique but the ending of the song with these lyrics pretty much summed up my life until my mid 30's. I've now met my star but until then this fit perfectly:

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
    I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky,
    But why, why, why can't it be, can't it be mine?

BANNED

I've always loved a false fade on a long ass song, and this is the perfect mix of hip-hop and a 70's Earth, Wind and Fire type vibe.

"Can I talk my shit again?!?!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gemsteel View Post
    Landslide

While Stevie dedicates it to her father, it would ring true for me with my mother, and my great grand-mother. Since my early teen years, I suppose I prepared myself with a fear of growing older that seemed almost adult in my thought process.I just was never sure if I could actually handle myself when it came to the real world. Now that I've grown, I realized I had to get over it. I was dependent on my mother and great grandmother for fear of actually having to be out on my own. But with my mom falling into some psychological issues, and my great-grandmother being given an indefinite, yet short time to live. I have to become strong enough.
    That's a good choice, believe it or not I smoke to Landslide sometimes. I'd play it now but I'm out of weed. :)

Hard to argue with In My life from the Beatles. Although for our younger, desperate generation Tool's Aniema applies just as well.

Instrumental wise Mogwai Fear Satan is about as good as music gets.