Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

You know, not calling She-Hulk She-Hulk might work.

Pixar Rocket Raccoon!!! Jaded Devil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    In that case, why don't they do Young Avengers or Runaways? Both of those are smash hits with the teenage girl demographic.
    Runaways has been in development for a long time.
    There's no sense in nonsense when the heat's hot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded Devil View Post
    Runaways has been in development for a long time.
    And now that Avengers finished up, it might be in the works again.

Gone

You know, not calling She-Hulk She-Hulk might work.
    It would give her an aura of danger.

I know "the other guy" sounded ominous when Banner said it.

Pixar Rocket Raccoon!!! Jaded Devil's Avatar

And now that Avengers finished up, it might be in the works again.
    Yeah. So...what's the issue?
    There's no sense in nonsense when the heat's hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post

I remember when he said "I got low..." that everything after that just sounded so dark and ominous and SAD. I had the same look on my face that the rest of the team had.

Ruffalo's performance was great. As weird as Angie Harmon would be, I could totally see her pulling off that sort of edge....of seeming like she's always ready to snap.

Default MCU: Mighty Marvel Women/Movies

THE CHARACTER HASN'T BEEN IN COMICS FOR MORE THAN A YEAR!!

Why does everyone think that's a good choice?!
    Because it's way better than what you come up with time after time.Movie audiences are independent of comic fandom. The movies sell or don't sell on the basis of being good or bad action adventure films not name recogntion of particular comic book heroes. In fact almost the entire list presented by the article writer sucks big time anyway.Most of the list are B or C listers at best.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post

But She-Hulk isn't supposed to be ominous.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Because it's way better than what you come up with time after time.Movie audiences are independent of comic fandom. The movies sell or don't sell on the basis of being good or bad action adventure films not name recogntion of particular comic book heroes. In fact almost the entire list presented by the article writer sucks big time anyway.Most of the list are B or C listers at best.
    1) What have I proposed that is bad?
    2) Movie audiences are independent from fandom, but that doesn't mean they'll flock to any given hero. My brother pouts all the time that there are no heroes left to bring to the movies.
    3) Recognition does help.
    4) WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE THINK WHITE TIGER OF ALL CHARACTERS IS QUALIFIED?!

That's what is bothering me. Where is this "White Tiger can handle her own movie" is coming from? The character barely has her own appreciation threads, and now you guys think that she's capable of handling her own film?

Tell me, what would a White Tiger film entail that doesn't make it a Spider-Man or Daredevil clone?

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. She was a lawyer (is she still?) who would occasionally become the She Hulk, and as she progressed she came to enjoy her green state more than her human state. Then in the She Hulk Graphic Novel by John Byrne she became locked into her Green form, and instead of being upset she was kind of relieved that she didn't have to switch back and forth any more. Not being able to change was like a non-issue for her. She is in many ways not at all like the Hulk.

I don't see Marvel doing her though, just because she is by virtue of her origin, a really silly character. She has at times become far more than her origins... but the idea of a female hulk is kind of silly. It is like all the DC character that have male and female versions. It just feels cheesy to me for the most part.

It's not me, It's you

Well, since my pick for Ms Marvel was ScarJo, and seeing as how thats out of the question now, i'll take Charlize, although, again, you'd want someone younger to carry the franchise/character for at least 5-6 years and not age too much. If they go younger i'd pick Jessica Biel.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    In her original series, she was not the happy and vivacious character she is now. She had an overbearing father and was interested in two men (one as She-Hulk and one as Jennifer). She was angry most of the time as Shulkie and tended to punch first and ask questions later. She was very much like her cousin in that regard.

She was also wanted for murder (a frame-up, obviously) as She-Hulk, so she obviously wasn't all sunshine and happiness.

Granted, most of the original series was warmed-over soap opera melodrama (the bit with her father's fiancee especially), but some of it was actually quite effective. And her origin involves being gunned down by the mob. There could be a progression from dark and angry to enjoying her life as She-Hulk....but there's nothing that dictates either should be mututally exclusive.

I actually find her origin compelling because it touches on the idea of "good girl" vs. "bad girl" and identity. Why is the more direct and assertive She-Hulk seen as "bad?" She isn't the town-wrecker that her cousin is, and actually goes out of her way to save lives early on in her career. I would love to see a script which delves into the whole identity issue rather than just a lame punch 'em up with her mirror image (one of the things I didn't like in the Norton Hulk movie or the first Iron Man movie).
    Last edited by hysang; 05-29-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IamBATFAN View Post
    Well, since my pick for Ms Marvel was ScarJo, and seeing as how thats out of the question now, i'll take Charlize, although, again, you'd want someone younger to carry the franchise/character for at least 5-6 years and not age too much. If they go younger i'd pick Jessica Biel.
    Well...this is just my opinion, but Charlize is a better actress (Biel is attractive, but she can't act her way out of a paper bag)....and Charlize doesn't look bad for her age (putting it mildly ).

That and I'd rather have a grown woman as a superheroine. No one complains that RDJ's Stark has salt and pepper hair, so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by hysang View Post
    Well...this is just my opinion, but Charlize is a better actress (Biel is attractive, but she can't act her way out of a paper bag)....and Charlize doesn't look bad for her age (putting it mildly ).

That and I'd rather have a grown woman as a superheroine. No one complains that RDJ's Stark has salt and pepper hair, so why not?
    Mildly is right.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Gone

1) What have I proposed that is bad?
    2) Movie audiences are independent from fandom, but that doesn't mean they'll flock to any given hero. My brother pouts all the time that there are no heroes left to bring to the movies.
    3) Recognition does help.
    4) WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE THINK WHITE TIGER OF ALL CHARACTERS IS QUALIFIED?!

That's what is bothering me. Where is this "White Tiger can handle her own movie" is coming from? The character barely has her own appreciation threads, and now you guys think that she's capable of handling her own film?

Tell me, what would a White Tiger film entail that doesn't make it a Spider-Man or Daredevil clone?
    I didn´t even know there was a White Tiger. ^_^