Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Out of the characters on that list, only Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk could carry a movie.

Why not just do an Elektra reboot movie, either as a prequel to a Daredevil reboot or a spin-off?
    Who knows? Not me. We never lost control. You're face to face. With the Man who Sold the World

Thought this list was kinda horrible tbh. Alot of C list characters. Maybe Ms Marvel could work. I'ld like to see She-Hulk feature heavily in the new Hulk movies, and see how popular she gets. Daughters of the Dragon could make a great TV series. If the characters get big enough off the back of the show maybe a film could work.

Quote Originally Posted by dadiceguy View Post
    Don't know who she is, but she looks the part and is clearly passionate about the role. Sign her up!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    But chances are lower for a character who has no history in comics. How would you make a White Tiger film if she doesn't have
    A) A villain
    B) A supporting cast
    C) Anything to separate her from the rest of the superhero movies.
    You do realize that your complaints could be leveled against the vast majority of Marvel characters right? Actually I'd say you could apply it to DC characters as well. Most of them don't have compelling villains. Most of them don't have strong supporting casts. Most of them don't have that much to separate them from other superhero movies.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSuper View Post
    Out of the characters on that list, only Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk could carry a movie.

Why not just do an Elektra reboot movie, either as a prequel to a Daredevil reboot or a spin-off?
    Marvel doesn't have the rights.

To all the naysayers....there was a point when:

1. No one thought the first Blade movie would do well because "no one knew who Blade was outside of the comics."

2. Remember how certain fans thought Black Widow looked "silly" next to the other heroes. Is there any doubt she held her own in the movie? Thought so.

3. Get over it. These are all cool characters who also happen to be female and kickass in their own right.

Tracie Thoms seems a little short for Misty Knight, but she's got the attitude and "swagger" down. I could see it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    You do realize that your complaints could be leveled against the vast majority of Marvel characters right? Actually I'd say you could apply it to DC characters as well. Most of them don't have compelling villains. Most of them don't have strong supporting casts. Most of them don't have that much to separate them from other superhero movies.
    ...WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE NEW WHITE TIGER!!!

My God! What the hell does she have that people are saying "Oh yeah, she can lead a huge Marvel movie. I like the part where she keeps pointing out she's Hispanic and her very generic powers." I mean, huh? I like her enough in Avengers Academy, but I'm absolutely baffled how you all are looking at her and saying "Oh yeah, she has the stuff to have a movie made off of her." That's like saying Idie can do a movie. At least Idie has some more going on with her after killing those guys in Schism.

Seriously? White Tiger carrying a movie? How would a White Tiger movie be interesting at all? She has no stories under her belt in the Marvel U, no breakout moments, no themes...honestly? When the hell did White Tiger became this famous phenomenon? Did Avengers Academy suddenly jump in terms of sales?

I'm honestly baffled that people think she's a legitimate choice for a movie!

Next thing I know, you'll all be saying Broo or Kid Gladiator should have their own films.

Also, about She-Hulk, not gonna happen. I love her, you love her, we all love her. But mainstream audiences will laugh her off. Red Hulk is more likely to show up in the Marvel Movieverse. And that says something because I dislike Red Hulk.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    I disagree about having Mar-Vell give her powers. I'd have her gain her powers from the alien tech on her own.
    Agtreed.
    It´s about time Ms Marvel cut her umbilical cord and become her own woman, this is not the 60s and she´s not a sidekick..

Black Widow would be another perfect fit for a spy movie in the vein of Mission Impossible, Hannah or Salt.

I dunno about Dazzler as a movie, I think I´d rather see her on a tv series.

Coleen Wing and Misty Knight, is another of the greats that deserves the Kill Bill treatment.

In over 30 years of comicbook reading I was never convinced on Wasp.

I still maintain that I´d like to see a Crystal and the Inhumans. movie.

Other girls deserving of the silver screen treatment....

Savage She-Hulk

Thundra

Firestar

Elektra

Who would be your choices? I'm really curious.

EDIT: Thought of another character deserving of a film. MYSTIQUE! Although to do it right, I think would require ignoring or glossing over everything Fox has done with the character.
    Last edited by BrotherUnitNo_4; 05-29-2012 at 12:09 PM.

BANNED

Wasp should co-star with Ant-Man in his film. If they continue the Edgar Wright plans to have it half Pym and half Lang, then you can have Cassie show up. Scott can die in the Avengers which would lead to Cassie taking up the Stature Mantle. That could lead to a Young Avengers film.

Black Widow is also a good choice as she was explored more in Avengers and people may want to see what she meant about being trained as a child.

Ms. Marvel is the one that can happen and can be great. That's the one I put most money upon.

Inhumans would probably have Crystal as the main character. She is the most sympathetic of the team. Medusa is too tough and Black Bolt is too silent. Crystal could also be let onto the Avengers afterwords.

Thunderbolts could give you both Songbird and Moonstone, two very strong female characters and staples to that franchise.

Sure, what I listed were not solos, but they can heavily feature these female characters as lead roles.

Unless audiences can accept She-Hulk, then try for her own movie, but it's a VERY risky scenario, and I doubt audiences will buy it.

And let's not forget that Mockingbird could easily show up in the movies as well.

And that's my thoughts. Misty Knight and Colleen Wiig are also credible in a Heroes for Hire Film. But most of that list won't have a chance to be a feature film. Especially if most of them can't carry their own comics.

White Tiger (Especially since it's the new one) is just the choice I outright think it's stupid to be done so soon. An Avengers Academy film would be a more beneficial way to show her off.

BANNED

EDIT: Thought of another character deserving of a film. MYSTIQUE! Although to do it right, I think would require ignoring or glossing over everything Fox has done with the character.
    The moment Marvel gets their rights back, they're going to reboot everything. You know it.

Though, I hope that doesn't happen too soon. I'm happy that we're seeing things that aren't X-Men and Spider-Man brought to films.

Though, I hope that doesn't happen too soon. I'm happy that we're seeing things that aren't X-Men and Spider-Man brought to films.
    I do agree with you there. That they're even seriously considering a Guardians of the Galaxy movie is amazing to me.

Pixar Rocket Raccoon!!! Jaded Devil's Avatar

But that's really betting on a horse that is still a newborn. If the character has that much potential, why isn't Avengers Academy selling more then? (The only book she's featured in).
    It's not nearly as black and white as you're attempting to make it. The new White Tiger joined a book with an established cast whose characters and backstory are, frankly, probably still the reason the book isn't selling better. Plus, suggesting that a new version of a B-level character like White Tiger should have bumped up sales is a bit silly, especially since the new character is thus far untested. Sales of Avengers Academy speaks more to why there shouldn't be an X-23 film vs. a White Tiger film.

Also, it's also different media: what may seem rote and commonplace to readers of comics may come across and different to non-readers. Also, I would argue that teenaged girls are far more likely to go see an action superhero movie starring a character similar to them than read a superhero comic about a character similar to them. Plus, being featured in a solo film vs. part of an ensemble lends itself to filling in the blanks of villains and supporting cast (something which, granted, could be applied to characters I didn't think would make good solo films, like Monica Rambeau), especially a character like White Tiger who comes with a built in history of family and legacy.
    Last edited by Jaded Devil; 05-29-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    There's no sense in nonsense when the heat's hot.

BANNED

I do agree with you there. That they're even seriously considering a Guardians of the Galaxy movie is amazing to me.
    And Runaways, and Dr. Strange, and Inhumans, and Ant-Man.

It makes me very hopeful that Thunderbolts could happen. But once they get the rights back, that's it. No more obscure stuff anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded Devil View Post
    It's not nearly as black and white as you're attempting to make it. The new White Tiger joined a book with an established cast whose characters and backstory are, frankly, probably still the reason the book isn't selling better. Plus, suggesting that a new version of a B-level character like White Tiger should have bumped up sales is a bit silly, especially since the new character is thus far untested. Sales of Avengers Academy speaks more to why there shouldn't be an X-23 film vs. a White Tiger film.

Also, it's also different media: what may seem rote and commonplace to readers of comics may come across and different to non-readers. Also, I would argue that teenaged girls are fare more likely to go see an action superhero movie starring a character similar to them than read a superhero comic about a character similar to them. Plus, being featured in a solo film vs. part of an ensemble lends itself to filling in the blanks of villains and supporting cast (something which, granted, could be applied to characters I didn't think would make good solo films, like Monica Rambeau), especially a character like White Tiger who comes with a built in history of family and legacy.
    In that case, why don't they do Young Avengers or Runaways? Both of those are smash hits with the teenage girl demographic.

She-Hulk would work as long as they NEVER actually call her She-Hulk. They could take a page from the Ruffalo Banner and have Jen call Shulkie "the other woman."

Thunderbolts as a movie would be AMAZING. I would love to see Jeffrey Combs as Ghost. That's the voice I've always heard.