Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    THE CHARACTER HASN'T BEEN IN COMICS FOR MORE THAN A YEAR!!

Why does everyone think that's a good choice?!
    Because being in the comics doesn't have anything to do with the movie.
    If only the people who read the comics went to see the movie it would be one of the biggest bombs in the history of film.

Quote Originally Posted by dadiceguy View Post
    Hope she gets the part.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Oooh! I LOVE TRACIE THOMS! loved her sooo much in Death Proof!!!

And Charlize as Captain Marvel is a FABULOUS IDEA! Hancock already showed us that she can do superpowers. GO GO GO!!!!

Yvonne Strahovski is my top pick to play Ms Marvel. But Charlize Theron certainly isn't a bad choice.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

Pixar Rocket Raccoon!!! Jaded Devil's Avatar

Because her origin doesn't have a direct tie to any other character/team/storyline aside from the White Tiger line. It's simple to explain and requires few changes from the comic origins, plus is something all audiences can understand and relate to...having to live up to someone's legacy. I can't remember off the top of my head, but has there been a superhero film where the main character has to live in the shadow of a dead superhero?
    Last edited by Jaded Devil; 05-29-2012 at 10:08 AM.
    There's no sense in nonsense when the heat's hot.

Elder Member

Not a particularly impressive list, either in terms of character or actor choices. The only one that really popped for me was Jewel Staite as the Wasp. That would actually be a good match, although I don't see much chance or reason for Wasp to headline a solo movie. As for the rest . . . Leslie Bibb? She is easily one of the most charisma free actresses currently drawing a paycheck in a major production, a complete mismatch for the Dazzler.
    Last edited by kalorama; 05-29-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Tracie Thoms as Misty is so perfect. Devon Aoki is my dream Colleen Wing, though.

Probably because she has a sellable hook and brings some diversity both age, powers and ethnicity wise to the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded Devil View Post
    I think the problem is that half of these characters would be great members of an ensemble cast, but not as standalone heroes in their own movie. I'll give it to Captain Marvel, Dazzler, White Tiger, and mmmmmaaybe She-Hulk (although the very nature of her character makes her a previously unseen "ensemble player" to the Hulk universe). And I'd be the first in line for a kick-ass "Daughters of the Dragon" film. But Wasp? Monica Rambeau? Sif? Not to take anything away from the characters themselves, but if they haven't made the jump to holding regular solo books in 60-some years of being published, I really don't think they could support a film based entirely on them...not without reworking the characters so much that they might lose a lot of the appeal that got them to that spot in the first place.

Now Monica Rambeau in a Nextwave film...sign me the hell up (although I'd go with Kerry Washington vs. Gina Torres).
    I agree with the Monica Rambeau Nextwave film (and the Kerry Washington suggestion). I'd love to see Gina Torres as Valkyrie to be honest.
    Last edited by frostfalls; 05-29-2012 at 10:15 AM.

If Marvel is going to do an Ant Man film, it really needs to also introduce Wasp. And Jewel Staite would be a WONDERFUL choice to play her. Plus she already has a working relationship with Whedon for Avengers 2.

Love Tracie Thoms. She was sooo great in Death Proof. "Oh you know I can't let you go, without tapping that @$$... one... more.... time!"

Great stuff.

Brilliant list. I really enjoyed reading this.

I'm really sorry, but outside of a small handfull of comic nerds on message boards, NOBODY cares about Dazzler, and trying to find a hook to make her work in a movie would require completely re-creating her character. Plus I'd imagine she's locked up with the X-characters at Fox.

White Tiger's great, although I'm in agreement with Zak213, Angela is a more interesting White Tiger with the FBI angle. and the character is street level and not so entrenched in marvel lore that you couldn't do a smaller-scale movie (ala first Blade)

I'd love to see Cage, Iron Fist and Daughters of the Dragon each established as smaller scale solo-flicks leading to a Heroes for Hire flick ~ the street level/budget Avengers.

They are NEVER going to introduce a Black Panther in the movies that's not T'Challa. fact.

Captain/Ms Marvel should be awesome, and would be good to introduce in a solo flick leading up to Avengers 2. (really, her and Wasp would be my choices to add to the team next go-round) or use her as the 'entry point' for Avengers 2 and then spin her off.

Wasp should be introduced in the Ant-Man movie: I just don't think she could sustain a solo movie.

I love She-Hulk, she's probably my favorite female Marvel Character. I have an extremely hard time thinking of how you'd pull off her origin without it being extremely goofy. I'd love to be proven wrong.

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

Quote Originally Posted by artiepants View Post

I love She-Hulk, she's probably my favorite female Marvel Character. I have an extremely hard time thinking of how you'd pull off her origin without it being extremely goofy. I'd love to be proven wrong.
    That's definitely one of those cases where I think you can gloss over the origin with a few lines of dialogue. Gun-shot. Blood transfusion. Low-level gamma bombardment.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

The Livewire

Hmm, I'd prefer a younger Firestar, so Molly C Quinn there.

A Monica Rambeau show could work. (Better settle on a code name for her). I'd recommend Kandyse McClure. She's a good age for a cop-as-superhero. I wonder if such a character could hold a TV series?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Because being in the comics doesn't have anything to do with the movie.
    If only the people who read the comics went to see the movie it would be one of the biggest bombs in the history of film.
    But chances are lower for a character who has no history in comics. How would you make a White Tiger film if she doesn't have A) A villain
    B) A supporting cast
    C) Anything to separate her from the rest of the superhero movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by frostfalls View Post
    Probably because she has a sellable hook and brings some diversity both age, powers and ethnicity wise to the universe.
    But that's really betting on a horse that is still a newborn. If the character has that much potential, why isn't Avengers Academy selling more then? (The only book she's featured in).