Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Mighty Marvel Women Who Deserve Their Own Movies

With the continuing success of "The Avengers" leading to heightened fan-hope for a Black WIdow movie, CBR looks at the rest of Marvel's female pantheon to see who else could anchor her own action film.

Full article here.

I hope the rumours about Ms Marvel having a completed script are true. I could see a film with her doing well - though they might have to go with Captain Marvel or something similar, I don't think a film called Ms Marvel would work.

I disagree about having Mar-Vell give her powers. I'd have her gain her powers from the alien tech on her own.

Charlize is a good choice, though they might want someone younger if they want two or three films out of her. But I'm struggling to think of anyone better.

She-Hulk would be better off as a tv series.
    Last edited by Arvandor; 05-29-2012 at 08:14 AM.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

thank you for including Dazzler on this list! so often she gets overlooked as a "greater MU hero" because of her affiliations with the X-Men, when she actually started her comic book career by rejecting the X-Men and trying to forge her own path in the MU. I think she'd be a great choice for a film, but I imagine things would get sticky between Marvel Studios/Fox if the former ever wanted to actually make a Dazzler movie.
    dazzler_emma frost_cyclops_angela_longshot
    red hood_harley quinn_deadshot_aresenal_deathstroke

I'd watch Charlize, definitely. She could pull off the compelling back story AND look pretty damn hot in spandex.

I also love the idea of Gina Torres as Captain Marvel....

BANNED

White Tiger? ...seriously? She's hasn't been in comics for a full year yet!

(Shoulda included Songbird!)

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post

I always get a kick that they push Anya as Spider-Girl so much and now the "new" White Tiger. Sorry, give me Captain Marvel, She-hulk or even better, Diamond Back.

I think Charlize would be a much better Emma Frost. She just has class written all over her.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster78 View Post
    I always get a kick that they push Anya as Spider-Girl so much and now the "new" White Tiger. Sorry, give me Captain Marvel, She-hulk or even better, Diamond Back.
    Why shouldn't they try to promote new characters?
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post

Well, she's all up in that Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and due to that more mainstream people know of her than... Songbird.

Dan Slott's She Hulk could be an awesome TV series.

BANNED

Dazzler's name is "Alison," not "Allison." Sheesh!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Squashua View Post
    Well, she's all up in that Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and due to that more mainstream people know of her than... Songbird.

Dan Slott's She Hulk could be an awesome TV series.
    She doesn't even have a supporting cast of her own! That's simply CBR picking her just to be hip! All she does in that comic is bitch at Reptil!

And you're implying that Songbird isn't more relevant than some of the characters on there. *cough*Spider-Girl*cough*

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Charlize in the old ms marvel uniform...
    I'd have a hard time not wanting to see that
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    I disagree about having Mar-Vell give her powers. I'd have her gain her powers from the alien tech on her own.
    Agtreed.
    Its about time Ms Marvel cut her umbilical cord and become her own woman, this is not the 60s and shes not a sidekick..

Black Widow would be another perfect fit for a spy movie in the vein of Mission Impossible, Hannah or Salt.

I dunno about Dazzler as a movie, I think Id rather see her on a tv series.

Coleen Wing and Misty Knight, is another of the greats that deserves the Kill Bill treatment.

In over 30 years of comicbook reading I was never convinced on Wasp.

I still maintain that Id like to see a Crystal and the Inhumans. movie.

Other girls deserving of the silver screen treatment....

Savage She-Hulk

Thundra

Firestar

Elektra

I love this list! I fully concur with the number one choice. Miss Marvel is definitely a top tier character that belongs in the same glass as Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man. I was disappointed that she didn't get a shot in the Avengers. She has the potential to be Marvel's equivilent to Wonder Woman. She's tough, she's sassy, and she's got her own distinct swagger that makes her so appealing. She could definitley carry her own movie. My only concern is that her being a hot-shot air force pilot would probably draw too many comparisons to Hal Jordan from Green Lantern. If Marvel wants to set her apart in the movies, they may have to tweak that. But more than any other Marvel woman or character for that matter, she deserves to be brought into the Marvel movie pantheon. The world of comic book movies need strong women leads and since a Wonder Woman movie or show just can't seem to get off the ground, I think Miss Marvel is our best bet!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

I doubt we'll see a "Ms marvel" film if they do anything with Danvers they'll use her as Captain Marvel. To be honest I'd prefered her in the Avengers film than Hawkeye.
    "I See Your Passion. Passion Begets Hunger. Hunger Devours Worlds. I Will Never Allow Another World To Fall"

Silver Surfer Speaking To Cable: Cable & Deadpool#10