Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "Tron: Uprising" Producers On Timelines, Influences & The Grid

"Tron: Uprising" producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis and director Charlie Bean discuss their new Disney XD animated series and how it fits into the "Tron" universe.

Full article here.

So this is pre-Legacy before Clu took mental control of Tron? I guess there is still a Tron sequel in the works, were Tron comes back to fight against Clu.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I guess there is still a Tron sequel in the works, were Tron comes back to fight against Clu.
    Yaaaaaayyyy!!
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

This has been ok so far. I will watch a few more episodes.

I haven't seen the second Tron movie since it came out, so maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't Clue die at the end? If he's still alive in this series, shouldn't Tron still be brainwashed?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I haven't seen the second Tron movie since it came out, so maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't Clue die at the end? If he's still alive in this series, shouldn't Tron still be brainwashed?
    it's set before tron legacy

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    it's set before tron legacy
    Shouldn't Tron be Rinzler already?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Shouldn't Tron be Rinzler already?
    I kinda saw the first episode, i really wasnt paying attention, and he is Rinzler, i think, but he can turn into Tron for a bit.
    So i guess it's some sort of Hulk thing going on.

Animation & Illustration

From what I can tell, he hasn't been turned into Rinzler yet. Tron apparently escaped from Clu after the ambush (the scene in question doesn't really make it clear how the fight ends, we only know Clu didn't kill Tron then because he does, at some point, become Rinzler), but he was seriously wounded... in the latest episode it's pointed out that Tron needs to use a special chamber to stay alive, and while he can come into play from time to time he's been weakened such that he can't carry the fight on his own, hence the need for Beck to take up the Tron Legacy. Presumably, somewhere in this series he'll be recaptured by Clu and turned into Rinzler.

Flynn must be out there somewhere, but he's not been mentioned at all except in passing.
    Last edited by Inkthinker; 06-15-2012 at 02:12 AM.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read"- Groucho Marx

Illustration Gallery
    2D Animation Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I kinda saw the first episode, i really wasnt paying attention, and he is Rinzler, i think, but he can turn into Tron for a bit.
    So i guess it's some sort of Hulk thing going on.
    He can't be. In Tron: Legacy he had no idea who he was until the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkthinker View Post
    From what I can tell, he hasn't been turned into Rinzler yet. Tron apparently escaped from Clu after the ambush (the scene in question doesn't really make it clear how the fight ends, we only know Clu didn't kill Tron then because he does, at some point, become Rinzler), but he was seriously wounded... in the latest episode it's pointed out that Tron needs to use a special chamber to stay alive, and while he can come into play from time to time he's been weakened such that he can't carry the fight on his own, hence the need for Beck to take up the Tron Legacy. Presumably, somewhere in this series he'll be recaptured by Clu and turned into Rinzler.
    He also seemed to be pretty healthy as Rinzler too. Maybe Clu fixes his scars when he turns him...

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    He also seemed to be pretty healthy as Rinzler too. Maybe Clu fixes his scars when he turns him...
    Yea I think Clu left Tron for dead after the first coup. Tron escapes and meets Beck. Then I'm guessing at the end of this season Clu captures Tron again, but instead of killing him he brainwash's him to become Rinzler.

Quote Originally Posted by eon001 View Post
    Yea I think Clu left Tron for dead after the first coup. Tron escapes and meets Beck. Then I'm guessing at the end of this season Clu captures Tron again, but instead of killing him he brainwash's him to become Rinzler.
    My personal theory is that the "scars" that Tron has are actually some sort of infection that will eventually turn him into Rinzler.