Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Default Infinity War & beyond --- Reading Order

    Greetings.

    I've been attempting to correctly place the individual issues of the Infinity War mini-series with its several crossover titles. I haven't been able to locate any definitive reading orders online. I currently own the IW mini and a few of the Warlock series crossovers.

    I was also attempting to organize the issues of Warlock & the Infinity Watch, Warlock Chronicles, and Silver Surfer that followed the IW mini.

    I know that I'm being overly particular, but I'd like to read the stories in the suggested order.

    So, if anyone can assist with the Infinity War reading order and what follows, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

  2. #2
    Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    16,501

    Default

    It doesn't line up exactly since the Infinity Watch issues mostly take place concurrently, but I'd go with this order:

    Infinity War #1
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #7
    Doctor Strange #42
    Silver Surfer #67
    Doctor Strange #43
    Infinity War #2
    Silver Surfer #68-69
    Doctor Strange #44
    Infinity War #3
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #8
    Doctor Strange #45
    Infinity War #4
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #9
    Infinity War #5
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #10
    Infinity War #6

    The Dr. Strange and Silver Surfer tie-ins also tie in pretty tightly, but they were published on an accelerated schedule so I'm not exactly sure what fits where.

    EDIT: I've added most of the Dr. Strange and Silver Surfer issues. There are two more Dr. Strange issues, but they're less relevant.
    Last edited by Expletive Deleted; 05-28-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    Expletive Deleted

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks, Expletive Deleted!

    I'm wondering if anyone else has a more definitive list of the tie-ins. I just purchased a collection of comics that included many issues of Warlock & the Infinity Watch and Warlock Chronicles. Some the of WC issues are noted as IW tie-ins. I still have to get the remaining Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange tie-ins. I'm not going to even attempt to get ALL of the tie-ins, like I did with Infinity Gauntlet.

    I'm also wondering if there's any logicial order to the Marvel "cosmic" books (i.e. Silver Surfer, Warlock, Quasar) post-IW.

    Thanks again!


    Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    It doesn't line up exactly since the Infinity Watch issues mostly take place concurrently, but I'd go with this order:

    Infinity War #1
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #7
    Infinity War #2
    Infinity War #3
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #8
    Infinity War #4
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #9
    Infinity War #5
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #10
    Infinity War #6

    The Dr. Strange and Silver Surfer tie-ins also tie in pretty tightly, but they were published on an accelerated schedule so I'm not exactly sure what fits where.
    wonderman73

  4. #4
    Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    16,501

    Default

    With Crusade, it goes:

    Infinity Crusade #1
    Warlock Chronicles #1
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #18
    Infinity Crusade #2
    Warlock Chronicles #2
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #19
    Infinity Crusade #3
    Silver Surfer #83
    Warlock Chronicles #3
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #20
    Infinity Crusade #4
    Silver Surfer #84
    Warlock Chronicles #4
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #21
    Infinity Crusade #5
    Silver Surfer #85
    Warlock Chronicles #5
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #22
    Infinity Crusade #6

    This segues neatly into "Blood and Thunder," which is in this order:

    Thor #468
    Silver Surfer #86
    Warlock Chronicles #6
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #23
    Thor #469
    Silver Surfer #87
    Warlock Chronicles #7
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #24
    Thor #470
    Silver Surfer #88
    Warlock Chronicles #7
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #25
    Thor #471
    Last edited by Expletive Deleted; 05-28-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    Expletive Deleted

  5. #5
    Senior Member Legion_Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    3,346

    Default

    http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?SeriesID=1661

    That's all the comics that are part of the Infinity War cross over. Unfortunately it isn't in reading order, but you can look at the dates they were all released and put it in to your own reading order from there?
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    With Crusade, it goes:

    Infinity Crusade #1
    Warlock Chronicles #1
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #18
    Infinity Crusade #2
    Warlock Chronicles #2
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #19
    Infinity Crusade #3
    Silver Surfer #83
    Warlock Chronicles #3
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #20
    Infinity Crusade #4
    Silver Surfer #84
    Warlock Chronicles #4
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #21
    Infinity Crusade #5
    Silver Surfer #85
    Warlock Chronicles #5
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #22
    Infinity Crusade #6

    This segues neatly into "Blood and Thunder," which is in this order:

    Thor #468
    Silver Surfer #86
    Warlock Chronicles #6
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #23
    Thor #469
    Silver Surfer #87
    Warlock Chronicles #7
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #24
    Thor #470
    Silver Surfer #88
    Warlock Chronicles #7
    Warlock & The Infinity Watch #25
    Thor #471

    Thanks again! This has been a great help. I've held off reading the follow-up minis to Infinity Gauntlet since they originally were published. I've read many reviews of them and most weren't very nice. I recently got a good deal on the Infinity War mini, so I thought I'd give it a try. But of course, the completist in me must have the full story! However, I'm definitely not getting ALL of the tie-ins.

    I guess I should get the Infinity Crusade mini so I can complete the "trilogy." I already have most of the tie-ins that you listed. Also, I plan to get all parts of the "Blood & Thunder" storyline also.
    wonderman73

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Quest View Post
    http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?SeriesID=1661

    That's all the comics that are part of the Infinity War cross over. Unfortunately it isn't in reading order, but you can look at the dates they were all released and put it in to your own reading order from there?
    Thanks, Legion_Quest! I checked out the link and it was really helpful. I didn't realize they had descriptions of the comics!

    Thanks again!
    wonderman73

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •