Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I spent a little while looking at the art, and it just struck me as dull. The colors pop so incredibly well on the iPad (or I'd imagine any other tablet screen), that when I held the paper collection in my hands it seemed to be a truly worse experience.

I will however say that I think due to the archaic coloring and heavy use of white borders, that older comics (most stuff from the 90s and before) look much better on paper. But once computer coloring took over, the digital stuff looks so much better. In particular, stuff by Alex Sinclair or another elite colorist is just insane on the iPad, and paper is no match.
    I think that's just subjective opinion. I have read more than one issue of three separate DC titles digitally and saw ABSOLUTELY - NO - DIFFERENCE in quality.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    I think that's just subjective opinion. I have read more than one issue of three separate DC titles digitally and saw ABSOLUTELY - NO - DIFFERENCE in quality.
    Everything is subjective. That's the beauty of a forum, you get to express your opinion. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Neal View Post
    Everything is subjective. That's the beauty of a forum, you get to express your opinion. :)
    See above, thank you Dustin

GRRRl, what did you read digitally? As I said, I think older comics (anything 90s or before) with different coloring styles look better on paper.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Batgirl, Batwoman, Birds Of Prey
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Batgirl, Batwoman, Birds Of Prey
    Okay, to each their own then.

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

I disagree and I may be a dinosaur in this regard but I would most likely stop buying comics in general before going digital.

Same here, if comics were to ever go 100% the digital only route, I would drop the hobby. Part of the fun is maintaining the mint quality of your copies for the eventual one's that can appreciate and can be sold at comi-con's later on to other fans.
    Pull list:

Yes. Would love to have a weekly series like 52 was.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

Same here, if comics were to ever go 100% the digital only route, I would drop the hobby. Part of the fun is maintaining the mint quality of your copies for the eventual one's that can appreciate and can be sold at comi-con's later on to other fans.
    All of the fun for me is reading the comic.

The vast, vast majority (like, 99 and a bunch of decimals percent) of comics today will never be worth anything. Maybe if you sell complete runs on eBay, but that's about it. The bags & boards approach is one of the worst things about the hobby IMO, it just breeds OCD collector tendencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner 6655321 View Post
    I disagree and I may be a dinosaur in this regard but I would most likely stop buying comics in general before going digital.
    Agreed. I honestly don't see comics going completely digital, anyway. Part of the appeal of collecting is the value of certain comics, and digital issues will obviously never rise in value.

But moderns comics will rarely have value.

Alldigital guy and I love. Bought all of All afar superman for $6 and we3 for $3 in a sale.

Now just waiting till W8 to hit to get a 10inch tablet
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by Comeuppance View Post
    Agreed. I honestly don't see comics going completely digital, anyway. Part of the appeal of collecting is the value of certain comics, and digital issues will obviously never rise in value.
    Ask the 90's and their 13 variant covers of a single issue, how that worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    But moderns comics will rarely have value.

Alldigital guy and I love.
    But if one actually buys into the argument that most comic readers will be digital only in the future, then there will be less paper comic copies out there, which of course means that they will appreciate all the more
    Pull list:

But if one actually buys into the argument that most comic readers will be digital only in the future, then there will be less paper comic copies out there, which of course means that they will appreciate all the more
    Not really.. no one makes 8 tracks anymore but you don't see people clamoring of old 8 track tapes.
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!