Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 74
  1. #16
    The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I spent a little while looking at the art, and it just struck me as dull. The colors pop so incredibly well on the iPad (or I'd imagine any other tablet screen), that when I held the paper collection in my hands it seemed to be a truly worse experience.

    I will however say that I think due to the archaic coloring and heavy use of white borders, that older comics (most stuff from the 90s and before) look much better on paper. But once computer coloring took over, the digital stuff looks so much better. In particular, stuff by Alex Sinclair or another elite colorist is just insane on the iPad, and paper is no match.
    I think that's just subjective opinion. I have read more than one issue of three separate DC titles digitally and saw ABSOLUTELY - NO - DIFFERENCE in quality.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

  2. #17
    Digital Convert Dustin Neal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    I think that's just subjective opinion. I have read more than one issue of three separate DC titles digitally and saw ABSOLUTELY - NO - DIFFERENCE in quality.
    Everything is subjective. That's the beauty of a forum, you get to express your opinion. :)

  3. #18
    Veteran Member El Sombrero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    I think that's just subjective opinion. I have read more than one issue of three separate DC titles digitally and saw ABSOLUTELY - NO - DIFFERENCE in quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Neal View Post
    Everything is subjective. That's the beauty of a forum, you get to express your opinion. :)
    See above, thank you Dustin

    GRRRl, what did you read digitally? As I said, I think older comics (anything 90s or before) with different coloring styles look better on paper.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

    She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

  4. #19
    The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,549

    Default

    Batgirl, Batwoman, Birds Of Prey
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

  5. #20
    Veteran Member El Sombrero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Batgirl, Batwoman, Birds Of Prey
    Okay, to each their own then.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

    She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

  6. #21

    Default

    I disagree and I may be a dinosaur in this regard but I would most likely stop buying comics in general before going digital.

  7. #22
    The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,549

    Default

    Same here, if comics were to ever go 100% the digital only route, I would drop the hobby. Part of the fun is maintaining the mint quality of your copies for the eventual one's that can appreciate and can be sold at comi-con's later on to other fans.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

  8. #23
    Senior Member shingi70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,173

    Default

    Yes. Would love to have a weekly series like 52 was.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

  9. #24
    Digital Convert Dustin Neal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Same here, if comics were to ever go 100% the digital only route, I would drop the hobby. Part of the fun is maintaining the mint quality of your copies for the eventual one's that can appreciate and can be sold at comi-con's later on to other fans.
    All of the fun for me is reading the comic.

  10. #25
    Veteran Member El Sombrero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Same here, if comics were to ever go 100% the digital only route, I would drop the hobby. Part of the fun is maintaining the mint quality of your copies for the eventual one's that can appreciate and can be sold at comi-con's later on to other fans.
    The vast, vast majority (like, 99 and a bunch of decimals percent) of comics today will never be worth anything. Maybe if you sell complete runs on eBay, but that's about it. The bags & boards approach is one of the worst things about the hobby IMO, it just breeds OCD collector tendencies.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

    She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

  11. #26
    Junior Member Comeuppance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Basement of The Alamo
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner 6655321 View Post
    I disagree and I may be a dinosaur in this regard but I would most likely stop buying comics in general before going digital.
    Agreed. I honestly don't see comics going completely digital, anyway. Part of the appeal of collecting is the value of certain comics, and digital issues will obviously never rise in value.

  12. #27
    Senior Member shingi70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,173

    Default

    But moderns comics will rarely have value.

    Alldigital guy and I love. Bought all of All afar superman for $6 and we3 for $3 in a sale.

    Now just waiting till W8 to hit to get a 10inch tablet
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

  13. #28
    Shut up, Leonard FHIZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    10,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comeuppance View Post
    Agreed. I honestly don't see comics going completely digital, anyway. Part of the appeal of collecting is the value of certain comics, and digital issues will obviously never rise in value.
    Ask the 90's and their 13 variant covers of a single issue, how that worked out.

  14. #29
    The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    But moderns comics will rarely have value.

    Alldigital guy and I love.
    But if one actually buys into the argument that most comic readers will be digital only in the future, then there will be less paper comic copies out there, which of course means that they will appreciate all the more
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

  15. #30
    Tai'shar Manetheren Jadenewt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    4,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    But if one actually buys into the argument that most comic readers will be digital only in the future, then there will be less paper comic copies out there, which of course means that they will appreciate all the more
    Not really.. no one makes 8 tracks anymore but you don't see people clamoring of old 8 track tapes.
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •