Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    That and Joel Schumacher's films. And let's not forget Robin wasn't even in any of the Burton or Nolan films, where Batman was treated seriously.
    That's what I'm saying. Do a serious film about Robin and people will change their minds about him. What I thought failed about Schumacher's film was Dick's introduction was tacked on to two other introductions as well as being as old as the guy playing Batman but acting like a little kid. I'd like any film that introduces him to actually be about him as its main focus. Build up the similiarities of the two and the differences. Love to see Alfred comment that one day Dick could replace him but Bruce jumps into the Batmobile replying yes but not today setting up a solo Robin film that shows he's not a replacement but his own hero.

Quote Originally Posted by grizla View Post
    A cartoon with tim and dick in bludhaven might be super awesome cool fun time! Even if it was just a movie instead of an on going show. One way to make it work for hollywood might be to interduce dick at the end of a movie, then the next movie could take place after a 5 year time skip and cover his change into nightwing.
    your way works but you still have show why Bruce wants to adopt Dick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    That's what I'm saying. Do a serious film about Robin and people will change their minds about him. What I thought failed about Schumacher's film was Dick's introduction was tacked on to two other introductions as well as being as old as the guy playing Batman but acting like a little kid. I'd like any film that introduces him to actually be about him as its main focus. Build up the similiarities of the two and the differences. Love to see Alfred comment that one day Dick could replace him but Bruce jumps into the Batmobile replying yes but not today setting up a solo Robin film that shows he's not a replacement but his own hero.
    In theory, I agree. But it's a really tough sell. There's a reason why filmmakers like Nolan don't want to bother with Robin in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    In theory, I agree. But it's a really tough sell. There's a reason why filmmakers like Nolan don't want to bother with Robin in the first place.
    If I've learned anything in all my years its that the hot director today is a Jeopardy question tomorrow Look at the Thor movie. I never would have picked Kenneth Branagh as the director for a super hero film. Much less Thor. It just takes someone with vision. Nolan's Batman doesn't have vision to the whole of Batman. Not a slight against his films but perhaps not as embracing of his source material as Branagh was. Different tones but there is a medium there.

it's really hard to do a kid sidekick in serious live action movie.
    if it's comedy like kickass that's fine but even Marvel shunned doing a kid Bucky.

Boy Wonder is pretty good. Could easily be an elseworlds origin story for Jason Todd.
    "I find myself in the service of lost boys struggling to be strong men." - Robin: Year One

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    If I've learned anything in all my years its that the hot director today is a Jeopardy question tomorrow Look at the Thor movie. I never would have picked Kenneth Branagh as the director for a super hero film. Much less Thor. It just takes someone with vision. Nolan's Batman doesn't have vision to the whole of Batman. Not a slight against his films but perhaps not as embracing of his source material as Branagh was. Different tones but there is a medium there.
    Thor was really mediocre and cheesy to me, so I guess we're not on the same page.