Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Comic book writers have very basic knowledge of biology and physics, that is why they create unbelievable characters who are known to violate the laws of biology and physics and it's biology which is abused the most.

Most science fiction stories to this day violate the laws of biology. For example almost all forms of life in both comics and science fiction are humanoid. It's also been demonstrated that living things made out of pure energy or plasma are scientifically impossible.

All comic book characters except maybe Batman, Batman beyond (Batman of the Future), Green Arrow, Vigilante, Speedy (Red Arrow) and S.T.R.I.P.E are all known to heavily abuse the laws of biology and physics and it's the biology aspect which is abused the most.

For example, Mister Terrific's T-spheres violate the basic principles of electronics.
    Last edited by computer man; 05-27-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by computer man View Post
    Comic book writers have very basic knowledge of biology and physics, that is why they create unbelievable characters who are known to violate the laws of biology and physics and it's biology which is abused the most.

Most science fiction stories to this day violate the laws of biology. For example almost all forms of life in both comics and science fiction are humanoid. It's also been demonstrated that living things made out of pure energy or plasma are scientifically impossible.

All comic book characters except maybe Batman, Batman beyond (Batman of the Future), Green Arrow, Vigilante, Speedy (Red Arrow) and S.T.R.I.P.E are all known to heavily abuse the laws of biology and physics and it's the biology aspect which is abused the most.

For example, Mister Terrific's T-spheres violate the basic principles of electronics.
    Surprise! Superpowers violate the laws of physics! Who knew?

I wouldn't really generalize the writers as having no knowledge of biology and physics. It seems much more likely that they simply don't care if something is doable in real life, since they're writing fiction. Why should they limit themselves to stuff that can be done in our universe if the stories aren't taking place in our universe?

And frankly, I wouldn't consider any of the folks you mentioned to be terribly realistic, either. Ever tried to shoot someone with a boxing glove arrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Surprise! Superpowers violate the laws of physics! Who knew?

I wouldn't really generalize the writers as having no knowledge of biology and physics. It seems much more likely that they simply don't care if something is doable in real life, since they're writing fiction. Why should they limit themselves to stuff that can be done in our universe if the stories aren't taking place in our universe?

And frankly, I wouldn't consider any of the folks you mentioned to be terribly realistic, either. Ever tried to shoot someone with a boxing glove arrow?
    ... I'll have you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

As teens maybe not but Marvel has such characters who are way way too powerful to be believable such as Galactus, Living Tribunal, Eternity, Infinity, Entropy, Lord Chaos, Master Order and pre-retcon Beyonder and all of these characters are way too powerful to be believable.
    How can you complain about the power-level of pre-retcon Beyonder? A character that, by definition, they retconned to be less powerful?

Or are you just complaining about the fact that he was once ridiculous?

By that rationale, you should hate both companies, because of some of the weirdass crap they pulled in the Golden and Silver ages. Superman should be removed completely, because Silver Age Supes was just nuts.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

The Exterminator The last dalek's Avatar

OK I have a better question for you.

What in gods name does anything youve said in this thread have to do with which company has better teenage heroes?

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The last dalek View Post
    OK I have a better question for you.

What in gods name does anything youve said in this thread have to do with which company has better teenage heroes?
    Honestly, I don't think you're going to see the guy stay on-topic for very long.

Exhibit 1: Count how many pages it takes for a thread (by the guy himself!) ostensibly about Wolverine and Spider-Man starving to death to start showing scans of Superman getting trashed by the Martian Manhunter in legitimate response to his statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Honestly, I don't think you're going to see the guy stay on-topic for very long.

Exhibit 1: Count how many pages it takes for a thread (by the guy himself!) ostensibly about Wolverine and Spider-Man starving to death to start showing scans of Superman getting trashed by the Martian Manhunter in legitimate response to his statements.
    Words fail me.

Well back on topic then. I think Marvel does it better with single characters while DC do it better with teams.

[Doublepost

BANNED

Who cares? If you're bringing real world biology and physics into superhero comics, and complaining about beings like Galactus and Living Tribunal, then perhaps superhero comics are not your thing?