Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatican View Post
    This. Easily the single stupidest thing they've ever done with his healing factor. They burned him down to a skeleton, then had him regrow from his brain. Worse, it didn't seem to take very long. He almost died just from being tortured by the Reavers back in the '80s, and required months to heal completely. But now, he can regenerate from his skeleton. So frigging stupid.
    actually needing months to heal from the reavers was the dumb story.
    FAdam K- How do you read comics and sit around on this board and not know who Gorilla Man is after the last couple of years??

Boycott #1 issues!!!!!

Where is red hulk's moustache?

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    When I read the comic in which he regenerated from his bones after Nitro offed him, the thing that shocked me most was "where does all that mass come from?".

The only explanation is that Wolverine can draw extradimensional mass when healing, just like Henry Pym does when he grows...
    Why even worry about that question, why not wonder where the energy from every mutant power ever comes from?
    FAdam K- How do you read comics and sit around on this board and not know who Gorilla Man is after the last couple of years??

Boycott #1 issues!!!!!

Power, Unlimited Power MythicBrawn's Avatar

I explain the instance of him healing in that annual more as wish fulfillment then his actual healing factor.

Quote Originally Posted by satchmo the dragon View Post
    Why even worry about that question, why not wonder where the energy from every mutant power ever comes from?
    Well, we can always assume they have magical batteries in their cells that store infinite energy...is all part of the magical superhero physics, and it kind of works if you donīt stop to think about it... BUT making flesh appear out of thin air is just too counter-intuitive, too easy to spot.

Same as when I was answering another poster about the space whales: They donīt explain how the space whales work, they live in deep space, and for all we know there could be a complex explanation about how they manage to survive out there...but on the other hand, if you show me a normal cow swimming across all the Atlantic, or a normal fly lifting a brick, that hits too close home; we intuitively know thatīs impossible even if we try not to think about it...

The same goes with flesh materializing out of thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatican View Post
    This. Easily the single stupidest thing they've ever done with his healing factor. They burned him down to a skeleton, then had him regrow from his brain. Worse, it didn't seem to take very long. He almost died just from being tortured by the Reavers back in the '80s, and required months to heal completely. But now, he can regenerate from his skeleton. So frigging stupid.
    Brain + Bone marrow.

But anyway, the improved healing factor can be explain in "The Best There Is." He has adaptive healing... when exposed to the same type of injury he heals faster and faster each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Well, we can always assume they have magical batteries in their cells that store infinite energy...is all part of the magical superhero physics, and it kind of works if you donīt stop to think about it... BUT making flesh appear out of thin air is just too counter-intuitive, too easy to spot.

Same as when I was answering another poster about the space whales: They donīt explain how the space whales work, they live in deep space, and for all we know there could be a complex explanation about how they manage to survive out there...but on the other hand, if you show me a normal cow swimming across all the Atlantic, or a normal fly lifting a brick, that hits too close home; we intuitively know thatīs impossible even if we try not to think about it...
    really no difference. Magic batteries with infinite energy in their cells, Wolverine has that too, the end.

Boycott #1 issues!!!!!

So if we go by this whole "regrow" from one cell or a drop of blood theory........how many Wolverines could we grow?
    Captain Britain re-launched.........yes please.

I'm okay with Wolverine coming back from anything but serious torso damage and direct damage to his brain, if his brain is damaged it should reduce him to a vegetable. His brain being out of action for long enough through blood loss or his brain just being vaporised would be a good cut-off point for the point of no return.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicBrawn View Post
    I explain the instance of him healing in that annual more as wish fulfillment then his actual healing factor.
    They were all dreaming. All of the X-men healed in that annual.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Though Before Civil War His Healing Factor Finally working into the Adamantine And Fundamentally Changed His Adamantine to the Point that its Unique Unto the Itself and Has His Genetic Material Inside it Now, So technically He can Regenerate from just a Skeleton Now Because Of this
    I rationalized that away by telling myself that Jean used the Phoenix Force to supercharge his healing factor while she spoke to him from beyond the grave.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

His healing factor could make it considerably easier to clone Wolverine, this would explain why the utilize Wolverine clones over those of some of the more powerful mutants.

Why are you focusing on him surviving nitro in civil war when Marvel had Wolverine survive HIROSHIMA AT GROUND ZERO?
    Civil war pales in comparison to that.

If you cut Wolverine in half, do you get two wolverines?

Some above are suggesting that Logan can regenerate from just the adamantium bit of his skeleton even after all his biological matter has been atomised (as in a nuclear blast) - because his cenetic code has somehow merged with the adamantium. I missed that story - glad I did, it sounds awful. I'm willing to suspend disbelief but that is just stupid.

On a more prosaic scale(!) if you pulled Wolverine's arm off (which should be really really easy to do as his arm is only connectd to his body by skin and muscle - no bone) would the arm that grew back be laced with admantium? If so how?

Quote Originally Posted by satchmo the dragon View Post
    actually needing months to heal from the reavers was the dumb story.
    His healing factor, back then, was nowhere near as ridiculously powerful as it is now. These days, he'll heal from a bullet wound pretty much instantly. Back then, it would take a few minutes. The Reavers tortured him to the point where he was as good as dead. His healing factor was basically burned out.

He's gotten far, far more powerful since his popularity took off.