Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Good issue; looks like high tech versus low tech; she was having a good training with the Minotaurs and Hippolyta was draw particularly well; it just felt that the images may not have been fully captured on my screen; peaceful island, but the issue avoided some matters of context such as the Amazons' reasons for isolation; but, I guess it was designed to be toned down and fun. They are a peaceful civilization that deserves to be left at peace; the invasion force is completely in the wrong.

Really liked this. Anyone who's on the fence about the digital format should give this a try. It's only 99 cents, and if it does well enough, DC might put this out in print. Who doesn't want an ongoing title with WW, Power Girl, and Batgirl? Let's make it happen people!

I found it fun too, I only don't like that much because I don't want just fun... but it's only 99 cents and I suppose it's meant to be only fun, after all. I just don't like how Diana's personality was portrayed (though it's not the first time she was showed as an arrogant. But I don't like anytime)

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    I found it fun too, I only don't like that much because I don't want just fun... but it's only 99 cents and I suppose it's meant to be only fun, after all. I just don't like how Diana's personality was portrayed (though it's not the first time she was showed as an arrogant. But I don't like anytime)
    I think context is important as far as her being arrogant, though. If you're refering to her dialogue with the minotaurs, I felt like she was just in battle speak mode. Also, this is a very young Diana, before The Contest, and Trevor visiting the island. There are so many worse examples of Diana arrogance pre-Flashpoint.

To be honest, apart from Diana's rudeness and the skimpy outfits, this wasnt that much different from pre-FP WW.

Like I said, it's not the first time. But my concern is because it seemed a little too much, almost annoying (I know she is younger, but annoying is annoying)
    Apart from that, the Amazons seemed pretty violent.
    One thing that I liked (but was not showed in this issue) was Pegasus. I mean, it would be really awesome if the official substitute for the invisible jet was the Pegasus. I wish Pérez had done this in 80s, since he put the jet out of the equation (But he gave her flight, so the Pegasus would be useless, anyway)
    Last edited by Don-Jack; 05-28-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Laying on She-Hulk Silver_Leopard's Avatar

So what other Ame-Comi would they use from the DC women? I am guessing Batgirl is next on the list.
    Have you ever thought that maybe your generation (not you per say but many of those in your age group) are not special but just a bunch of spoiled brats.

Thanks Lexrules.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Leopard View Post
    So what other Ame-Comi would they use from the DC women? I am guessing Batgirl is next on the list.
    I believe Batgirl, Duela Dent, Power Girl, and Supergirl are the ones that have been officially announced but I'm sure we'll be getting more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hypotherion View Post
    I believe Batgirl, Duela Dent, Power Girl, and Supergirl are the ones that have been officially announced but I'm sure we'll be getting more.
    Think the order was: WW, Batgirl, Brainiac, Duela Dent, Power Girl & AME-COMI to round it all off.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

I liked it--the whole "modern force attacking PI" thing is kinda old hat, but still done rather well, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    It's odd...

I can find it when I go to comixology on my PC, but when I go on my Kindle and search for it (and for Wonder Woman) it doesn't show up :/
    As I recall, Comixology stopped doing content for their Kindle app in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    To be honest, apart from Diana's rudeness and the skimpy outfits, this wasnt that much different from pre-FP WW.
    Not that much different from Post-FP WW, at least at that early JL moment in her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    One thing that I liked (but was not showed in this issue) was Pegasus. I mean, it would be really awesome if the official substitute for the invisible jet was the Pegasus. I wish Pérez had done this in 80s, since he put the jet out of the equation (But he gave her flight, so the Pegasus would be useless, anyway)
    I liked that too--my first comic that heavily featured WW was DKSA (which I still think was a good showing for her), and still one of the first things I think of when I think of her is that double-page spread of her riding on a pegasus throwing a bolt of lightning.

So did Diana just steal the red and gold bustier from the Amazon she conked on the head, or was it supposed to have some special significance?

I liked the issue quite a bit. It was a tad decompressed for my tastes but it was a good buy, especially at only a buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    - I didnt like the skimpy outfits. They were in bad taste.
    what did you expected from amanda conner on a comic based on anime statues

this is actually more tame than than anything

- I liked how the first pages were like taken from Disney's Hercules (see pic below). Skimpy outfits aside, this could have been a nice cartoon. Say, why not get Ben Caldwell on that?
    - Why dont they try and be consistent with some stuff? Why isnt Hippolyta a blonde? Yeah it's another world, but come on, they applied those changes for the new 52, stick with them.
    consistency? what is that? XD
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

This was my first digital comic. I still much prefer print.

I loved it. I liked Diana being a brat, I like the skimpy outfits, I much prefer these Amazons so far to Azzarello's, Steve's popping up all over the shop these days and I very much approve of this. Yeah, the outside forces attacking PI is overdone, but I'm not going to complain too much since the Joker escaping form arkham is overdone more. Amanda Conner's art is gorgeous (and I always approve of her scantily clad ladies).

I am very much looking forward to the next issue. I really hope they decide to release this in print as well.

Veteran Member

Where are the gods? The enigmas? the puns?This can't be Wonder Woman!

Seriously, I thought it was OK. The art is pretty, the writing is lively. There's nothing about it that really grabs me or makes me think or feel something or makes waiting for next week difficult, for me--but I'm really glad that some of the people who don't like Azz's run can enjoy this, and I hope some kids will like it too.

I'm also going to have to stop badmouthing Comixology. While I hate not having my own personal copy, the interface and useability was pretty nice... I guess if I really wanted my own copy I could printscreen the thing, but it's essentially cloud entertainment.

I have no reservations in buying all of these digitally and maybe even in hardcopy just because!