CHALLENGE 9: CBR FASHION WEEK
This is Project CBRunway. You're either in or you're out. Who will be CBR’s next big comic costume and character designer?
Good afternoon, designers. Welcome back to the runway. The hard part has just begun. CBR Fashion Week will test your creativity, drive and time management.
Your challenge for CBR Fashion Week is to create the title, concept and cast of a new comic book inspired by...YOU.
You must create three protagonists and two antagonists named after yourself, the two other finalists, and two other CBR users of your choosing. You get to decide which CBR users fill which roles.
Each character should visually represent their user name, if possible, or evoke that user's online personality. Thematically, while there's no requirement for any similarities between the looks of your characters, there should be a cohesivenes to your book's cast (i.e. they all need to work in the same book).
You will be judged on creativity, originality, strength of your designs, and cohesiveness of your cast, also taking into consideration your overall performance during this season of Project CBRunway.
- Artwork may be done in any medium but must be in color.
- Artwork may be no larger than 550-pixels wide and 800-pixels long. For challenges requiring multiple characters, each character should be submitted separately.
- Entries must be inserted into your PM, using such services as Photobucket.com or imageShack.com. If you are unable to use such a service you may e-mail your entry and we will host the image for you for the duration of the competition.
- For each character you must provide:
- a three-sentence description of the costume explaining material, functionality, and design inspiration.
- a three sentence biography explaining origin, powers, motivation, and, for the two non-finalists, why you chose those user names.
- You must also compile a group shot (using either the individual designs or original artwrok) and include in that post the title and a three-sentence description of the overall theme and inspiration of your book.
You have only twelve days, through midnight PDT of Monday, June 4 to Private Message (PM) me your entries for that week’s Challenge. Be sure to select “Request a read receipt for this message” in the Miscellaneous Options section before sending so you know I've received it. There will be no extensions or exceptions.
Post any questions, comments, or concerns about this challenge in this thread. The voting thread will be posted on Tuesday, June 5.
Good luck, designers. Make it work!