Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Toonami returns May 26th

How do feel about this?
    Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.
    http://songoftheethereal.blogspot.com/

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

It has potential.

If people support it and it gets the ratings it needs, it could do very well.

New series they have will be Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins, there are rumors of other possibilites (particularly Panty & Stocking).

They have a low budget though, so they'll be needing the fan support for this. They said they'd try to get as much original content as they could afford as well (game reviews, music videos, stuff like the old toonami had). Steve Blum will be back as Tom.

The real hurt is that Peter Cullen won't, but oh well.

So it' really a coin toss. If the early stages go well, I think it will flourish. If not, it'll die.

Already watched Casshern Sins but I'll set Deadman Wonderland to record.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

It probably wouldn't hurt them if series like Fairy Tail and Soul Eater were on their Toonami block as well to attract new viewers.

And if they manage to get Darker than Black, Kore wa Zombie Desuka? or Fate/Zero in their Adult Swim line-up, I will love CN forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    It probably wouldn't hurt them if series like Fairy Tail and Soul Eater were on their Toonami block as well to attract new viewers.

And if they manage to get Darker than Black, Kore wa Zombie Desuka? or Fate/Zero in their Adult Swim line-up, I will love CN forever.
    For the record CN and Adult Swim are two separate entities that just happen to share the same channel space.

A series like Fairy Tail is probably well beyond their budget at this point.
    Currently Reading: The Authority, Bone

Comics Of Days Past - Reading the greats of yesteryear

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...rns-on-5-26-12!

I posted this on this very forum last week. A quick scroll down would have revealed that. Just saying....

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davidn15 View Post
    For the record CN and Adult Swim are two separate entities that just happen to share the same channel space.

A series like Fairy Tail is probably well beyond their budget at this point.
    Actually, if you go to Adult Swim's copyright info you'll see that it's owned fully in part by "The Cartoon Network" and all images and broadcasting right's are granted by Cartoon Network. They separated the two for ratings feedback but Adult Swim does in fact answer to CN and they use their broadcasting feed to air their content, which in turn makes Adult Swim a block and not a network.

So, yeah.

TRADEMARKS

"All materials, including, but not limited to cartoon characters, images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, are protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights which are owned and controlled by The Cartoon Network ("TCN") or by other parties that have licensed their material to TCN."

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

I believe Fairy Tail and the Funi One Piece were on a list of possibilities somewhere.

It feels like a miracle... Like a good friend coming back from the dead... I'm so excited... I never thought I'd see the day
    All stories are imaginary, so you get to decide what's important and what isn't. Continuity is fluid.

-Jeff Brady

Quoted for truth....

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

so, it's aired. thoughts?

As much as I liked the line-up, and seeing Tom back on the screen I just can't shake the feeling that this is going to fail. Either by Adult Swim pulling out their support, or just general lack of support.
    Have beer, will drink!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    As much as I liked the line-up, and seeing Tom back on the screen I just can't shake the feeling that this is going to fail. Either by Adult Swim pulling out their support, or just general lack of support.
    People will say "meh, it sucks" and not support it, not knowing that they're doing the best they can with what they've got, and with a little support it'll go a lot better.

Even if that doesn't happen, there's always the guillotine of Cartoon Network pulling the plug for whatever reason.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

i hope it succeeds. i like that opening theme XD

i surprised myself by liking deadman wonderland more than casshern sins

Deadman Wonderland is an interesting show, but I feel that Ganta is a scared little wuss.
    Show me a bitter nazi and I'll show you a sour kraut.

Check out my gallery at :http://r-gonz.deviantart.com/

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Deadman Wonderland is an interesting show, but I feel that Ganta is a scared little wuss.
    i spoiled myself, and he appearently gets better