Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR TV: Anne Rice on "The Wolf Gift," Jesus Christ

Best-selling author Anne Rice spoke with CBR TV about her upcoming werewolf novel "The Wolf Gift," her relationship with Christianity and the upcoming movie adaptation of "Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt."

Full article here.

I really liked what she said about spending time with Christians and feeling like she didn't belong with them. I think it's a great statement to how some Christians interact with people. As a Christian, that's something that bothers me: that Christians can claim to be followers of the teachings of Christ yet act toward people in ways Jesus wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy6079 View Post
    I really liked what she said about spending time with Christians and feeling like she didn't belong with them. I think it's a great statement to how some Christians interact with people. As a Christian, that's something that bothers me: that Christians can claim to be followers of the teachings of Christ yet act toward people in ways Jesus wouldn't.
    Yes, great interview and heartfelt, honest sentiment. I know how she feels. She remains a believer, she just had to distance herself from (I'm going to go ahead and make a presumption here) nondenominationals. I quite like what she says here:

"The Wolf Gift" is not a Christian book. It's not an attempt to write a Christian book. Sometimes, people dismiss it out of hand and say it is because the hero talks about good and evil -- but the hero's not a Christian. He's talking about the same questions of good and evil that obsess all people in this world. You don't have to be Christian to care about that. You can be Buddhist, Hindu, Native American, Indian -- I mean, you can be from any background and care about good and evil.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Anne Rice is and continues to be one of my all-time favourite writers. That was a very insightful and enlightening interview.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy6079 View Post
    Amen to that. That's one of the things that drove me out of the church--Christians not acting very Christ-like at all.The stories I could tell about my old church...*shakes head*
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!