Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Kapow 2012: DC's New 52 Switches Things Up

Dan DiDio, Bob Wayne, Ian Churchill & Scott Snyder discuss DC Comics' New 52 one year later, dropping hints and revealing that one straight character pre-New 52 will now be gay.

Full article here.

BANNED

I Have absolutle 0 problem with gays, gay marriage, or gay Characters in comics or otherwise.

But....... i really dont know how i feel about a already established straight character, and then bringing him in to a new universe as gay, its like taking a huge thunk of who he/she is and throwing it out the window, it they had a storyline showing him/her chooseing to change to being gay, and shows us the reasons for this change id be more inclined to atcept it, but just changing it with no explination is just Douchy

BANNED

Nana nana nana nana, nana nana nana nana BATMAN!!

Grant Morrison said Batman is gay.

Comic fans have secretly known all along. Sleeping with Robin. Has a manservant. Wears a cape. Named Bruce. Yes, Batman is very gay.

Now he's Buttman!

Veteran Member

I think we already have enough threads dealing with DC switching sexualities but I'm sure we will get more.

You think people getting upset that Peter Parker was getting "replaced" by a minority was something. Wait'll the reveal that Batman is gay in main continuity. The Nu52 would be the perfect grounds to introduce the concept though.
    Marvel, STOP writing for the Trade so I can go back to collecting Monthlies again. Thanks.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    Wait'll the reveal that Batman is gay in main continuity. The Nu52 would be the perfect grounds to introduce the concept though.
    That's going to be difficult since he has already slept with women in both Detective Comics and Catwoman.

Now Batwing on the other hand, could end being gay.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    That's going to be difficult since he has already slept with women in both Detective Comics and Catwoman.

Now Batwing on the other hand, could end being gay.
    Dude, Elton John slept with women!
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

BANNED

It does sound like Shazam will be part of the 3rd wave which I fully expect to be anounced anytime now. It isn't a back up in Justice League 12 so more fuel to the fire. Add in the replacement JLI book and Robins and that's 3 that I'm sure will do well.

I still think we may get a Young Justice book too. Hoping for a 2nd Wonder Woman book too, maybe an Others book? Doom Patrol 'dark;' style.

"revealing that they were actually about to re-introduce a formerly straight character as gay"
    I think that rules out Batman

If the "rumored" Robins book comes to pass, will it replace Batman and Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    I Have absolutle 0 problem with gays, gay marriage, or gay Characters in comics or otherwise.

But....... i really dont know how i feel about a already established straight character, and then bringing him in to a new universe as gay, its like taking a huge thunk of who he/she is and throwing it out the window, it they had a storyline showing him/her chooseing to change to being gay, and shows us the reasons for this change id be more inclined to atcept it, but just changing it with no explination is just Douchy
    Obviously you do have a problem with gays and gay characters or this wouldn't matter to you. Prejudiced people always preface their BS with this sort of nonsense now. someone who has "no problem" has no problem, and doesn't worry about it. Yet fanboys like you always raise this BS argument when any company has a character come out. Some of these characters have rebooted and are significantly different. One will now be gay. Get over it.

My favorite character is Hal Jordan.

If he's gay, cool. If not, cool.

My issue is that no matter what he better be great with his romantic counterparts but crappy at commitment.

Sexual orientation, skin color, all that stuff is just window dressing. The core of the character has to be retained, for me, but everything else can go.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post

No more douchy than Beast Boy being read instead of green now, or Green Arrow being a Steve-Jobs-like character all of a sudden. Nu52, not the heroes you grew up with.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Dude, Elton John slept with women!
    So what?. Every artist has had gay sex at some point in their lifes, I guess gay artists had straight sex at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    No more douchy than Beast Boy being read instead of green now, or Green Arrow being a Steve-Jobs-like character all of a sudden. Nu52, not the heroes you grew up with.
    Would be interesting if Beast Boy was also the one that was gay. It would certainly get to all those Beast Boy/Terra shippers. LOL
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!