Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by X11 View Post
    I bring you entry #11: Cloak/Gosamyr!
    (Because so many mutants seem to have combative powers, I wanted to create a hero whose actual mutation doesn't benefit her in a fight.)

Codename: Shroud
    Abilities: Teleportation, Intangibility, Invisibility. Extremely limited empathy, manipulation, and emotional/empathic transformation.

After gaining a degree of control over her emotion manipulating abilities, Gosamyr has returned to Earth to seek out her former love, Sunspot. Finally finding her former friends now living in San Francisco, she finds herself unable to connect with Bobby, rather she chooses to invisibly follow him until she builds up the courage to speak to him. It doesn't take her long to see that Bobby currently longs for his fellow teammate, Magma. Worried that Bobby forgot about her long ago and not wanting to interfere with Bobby's emotions, Gosamyr flees without ever confronting him. Heartbroken, she begins to wonder why she ever returned and why believed Bobby would still be there waiting. Letting her guard down for just a minute, she is attacked by the reformed Hellfire Club. Out of nowhere, Cloak and Dagger appear coming to her rescue.

After the emotionally-charged brawl, Gosamyr's control on her emotional ability slips. Instantly infatuated with her, Cloak teleports himself and Gosamyr away to safety (meanwhile leaving Dagger behind accidentally). The two spend the rest of the night learning all there is to know about each other. Telling her that "Sunspot is a fool to ever let someone as beautiful as you go," an emotionally broken Gosamyr and a manipulated Cloak end up consumating their new "relationship" at dawn. The next day, realizing what had happened, Gosamyr disappears.

Their alien/mutate origins resulted in a bizarre pregnancy. In about 4 months time, little Tanna was born (Tanna being an amalgamation of Cloak's partner Tandy and sister Anna). Stranger yet, over the next year Tanna quickly developed to the equivalent of a teenager/20 something Mutant before her aging process seemingly stopped. After showing signs of mutant abilites, Gosamyr decides the best thing for Tanna is to enroll her at Wolverine's new Jean Grey School. Here she is given a telepathic education from Rachel Grey to bring her "up to speed" to her peers.

Much to her annoyance, it seems she has inherited a degree of her mother's emotion manipulating abilities. While she is constantly fought over by Hellion and Kid Omega, nobody seems to notice the way she looks at Miss Coy Manh or how her hair turns pink whenever she hangs out with Cipher.

After gaining control of her powers, Tanna graduates from the Jean Grey School. Wolverine offers her a position at the school as a councelor where she may effectively use her empathic powers (as well as teleporting students to safety in the event of an attack)

Her primary abilities aren't technically part of her mutation. Rather, it is her limited manipulation and emotional transformations that are her x-gene powers. The transformation power is limited only to basic features. While her default appearance is similar to that of Gosamyr, she has created a new default with blue braided hair. In times of extremely heightened emotions, she will unintentionally change. In that regard, she literally lives life with her heart on her sleeve, but those around her appear oblivious to it.

Here's some rough doodles I had made in preparation for the final picture. As you can see, I wrestled with what her skin tone should be. I ultimately chose Gosamyr's complexion but tried to emphasize African features like fuller lips and a broader nose. (I'm not fully satisfied with that choice so I might change it before the X-Jam ends.)

By x_11 at 2012-05-24
    Oh my word, that is BEAUTIFUL!

Love and Beauty Shock! Blu Berri's Avatar

The Scarlet Witch is one of THE Marvel characters and I'm worried about effing up continuity. I know, I shouldn't stress out but it's hard to turn off the "srs biz"-dial. =x I also couldn't think of an instance Scarlet Witch and Cannonball have interacted or any connection they have with one another (other than Magneto). I hope I don't do Wanda a disservice, but here goes:

Special thanks to lilyinblue for coloring this image!

Name: James and Jessie Guthrie Maximoff
    Codename: Sharpshoot and Scarlet Witchette
    Nickname: Cannoncakes and Witchette
    Powers/Abilites (Sharpshoot): Can generate a blast field projectile and alter it's trajectory with a hex field for great accuracy. Can fine-tune ability to "charge" thrown objects with both fields for a similar effect. Mental link with twin sister.
    Powers/Abilites (Scarlet Witchette): Can magically fire blast field projectiles similar to her brother, the effect is much more destuctive and less controlled. Mental link with twin brother.
    1st Appearance (Child): Next Excalibur (1st series) #22
    1st Appearance (Young Adult): Next Excalibur (2nd series) #1

Biography: Despite being absolved of blame for M-Day, quelling the feud between the X-Men and the Avengers, and aiding to the restoration Homo Sapiens Superior, Wanda Maximoff the Scarlet Witch was still looked at disdain and never forgiven by most of the remaining mutantkind (lol, Avengers vs X-Men #10?). Wanda sank into a depression until Wolverine offered her a position a member of his iteration of X-Men and a job as a teacher's aide, where she discovered her natural gift for teaching children (Wolverine and the X-Men # 30 - 36). Being around the students lifted her out of depression which lead to her becoming an accredited teacher by taking online college courses between X-Men missions (Wolverine and the X-Men #61) (because sure, why not).

During the third cataclysmic attack on Earth from the demonic realm Limbo (also known as Inferno III), a group of X-Men including the Scartlet Witch and Cannonball, fought a horde of demons invading the Southern USA. The X-Men's arrival was too late and amongst the towns and cities razed was Samuel Guthrie's; Cannonball and Husk had become the last of the Guthrie family (X-Men: Inferno the 3rd - Blood Pact #1).

Inferno III ended and life returned to normal, but Sam had trouble readjusting and his relationship with fellow X-Man Kitty Pryde was strained, eventually breaking up over irreconcilable differences. Sam sank into depression having lost the second person he called one of the loves of his life, the first being former New Mutants teammate Sunspot (Shut up, haters and click the link for awesome!) (X-Men Legacy #339). During a late evening, a chance encounter between Cannonball and Scarlet Witch occurred in the cafeteria of the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning. The two struck up a conversation and immediately found how relatable they were to one another other. Both persons had encountered much sadness throughout their life and a friendship blossomed, eventually a romance (X-Men Legacy #347 - 370).

Sam and Wanda later eventually married, retired as active X-Men members, and settled down in a peaceful farmland in Kentucky (Wolverine and the X-Men #137). A few years later, Illyana Rasputin personally asked Wanda to co-create and teach at an academy (Next Excalibur (1st series) #1). Sam and Wanda returned to active duty as X-Men; not long after, Wanda took a temporary leave of absence for the birth to twins James and Jessie Guthrie Maximoff.

When James and Jessie came of age, they were both enrolled in the Illyana Rasputin Academy of Artes because of their affinity with magic (Next Excalibur (2nd series) #1). James natural propensity with magicks was much less than his sister's so he was transferred to the Jean Grey School of Higher Learning (Next Excalibur (2nd series) #12). Both siblings are currently in their final year of their schooling as well as set to graduate from their team-in-training into main X-Men teams.

Through sadness Sam and Wanda found each other, through love they found joy, through their children they found a future; Sam and Wanda found stability in one another and were one of the very few, very rare instances of "happily ever after".

/Cheesefest

Story Notes: I am so, so sorry for cheesy origin story; fortunately, I had cropped the origin by half! There might also be a lot of Engrish. Sam chose to let the kids inherit the "Maximoff" last name out of respect for Wanda; in my headcanon, she still faces prejudice as a war criminal by many people (mutants and humans). I couldn't come up with decent power sets or a codenames.
    Black and White: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ri-d5189f2.jpg
    Dev. sketches: http://oi48.tinypic.com/2wggois.jpg
    Design Notes: I had no intention on making a twin until I saw Ms. Lady Alternate's post/suggestion/violent demand/threat on my life (lol I kid of course, she's the best!). If Sharpshoot looks slapped together, he pretty much was. James was given his father's old goggles; he wear the goggles with pride despite having no need for them. I had an idea in mind on how the girl would look, but once drawn I thought she looked too much like Emma. Although I prefer the other design, I'm happy I chose this one because it's a bit more modern looking.
    Last edited by Blu Berri; 07-08-2012 at 12:12 AM.
    In the name of Venus, I will punish you for being this year's fashion disaster!

give me 21 :)

The attackers were a collective group comprised of those left behind after the unborn children with active X-Genes died along with the expecting mothers the day Wanda's three fateful words were spoken.

Sorry, I don't understand. I don't think I'm reading it right.

Great story and good boots
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 05-25-2012 at 10:46 PM.
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

Oh I made up some ran-dumb thing...

When Scarlet Witch said those three fateful words, all the X-Genes in the world deactivated. Some characters would be disfigured and then some because their powers deactivated, so I added my own (cruel) flair and extension to that where the unborn babies with active X-Gene died as well as the mother.

I'm a horrible person; those poor mothers and babies... ;_;

If it's a problem, I could just cut it all out and say they shacked it up one night! x'D
    Last edited by Blu Berri; 05-25-2012 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R.E. Barnes View Post
    Fixed:

Can I pick another? If I can could, I would like 15, please.
    Thank you for fixing it!
    You've selected Sunfire/Skids!

Quote Originally Posted by Peeps View Post
    give me 21 :)
    You've selected Multiple Man/Deadgirl!
    Great job Blu Berri and X11!

Thanks. I really struggled with this one and I had to research for a few days to get some facts straight! Most of those story elements were cut out, unfortunately. Costumes come from a combination of elements from Wanda, Sam, and Pietro.

Here are some development sketches when the Scarlet Witchette (lol, worse name ever) looked more like her mother.

Can I do one more, or do you think it's too much?
    Last edited by Blu Berri; 05-25-2012 at 11:09 PM.

I told everyone that they could do three so I'll abide to it, if we run out then I'll add more slots.
    What number would you like?

Please no one difficult! Number 72.

Scarlet Witchette is the best name.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    Oh I made up some ran-dumb thing...

When Scarlet Witch said those three fateful words, all the X-Genes in the world deactivated. Some characters would be disfigured and then some because their powers deactivated, so I added my own (cruel) flair and extension to that where the unborn babies with active X-Gene died as well as the mother.

I'm a horrible person; those poor mothers and babies... ;_;

If it's a problem, I could just cut it all out and say they shacked it up one night! x'D
    Oh, baby killer Wanda

No, it's a great bio. I can't wait for X-Men Legacy #347 - 370. I hope Gage is still on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    Please no one difficult! Number 72.
    You've selected Legion/White Queen!

You're getting the best ones, except Cannonball.

"Prettier than you"- Remy Shiver's Avatar

Still waiting to see who my favorite character is paired up with. His number/pairing has yet to get picked. XD

Hmmm... of all the luck!

>Buys X-Men Legacy for AvX, looong conversation with friend about why Mimic is cute
    >Gets Mimic coupling
    >Ms. Lady Alternate mentions Scarlet Witch in conversation about Psylocke
    >Gets Scarlet Witch coupling
    >Thinks one of the designs looks too much like Emma *points to dev. sketches*
    >Gets Emma coupling

Sir Pryde is hacking my brain!