Page 25 of 78 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

It looks great!
    And don't worry about the backstory, it's really not that important - if you want to flesh it out, more power to you, but we won't care if you decide not to.

Quote Originally Posted by pryde15 View Post
    It looks great!
    And don't worry about the backstory, it's really not that important - if you want to flesh it out, more power to you, but we won't care if you decide not to.
    Glad to hear it, ‘cause I don’t think I can come up with a feasible story for those two. But I’ll try to write something decent as description for the character.

"Prettier than you"- Remy Shiver's Avatar

#53 Zero/Goblyn Queen

REAL NAME: Kaida Uedo (Kaida means 'Little Dragon', just thought it was cute.)
    CODENAME: The Goblyn Master
    POWERS: Manipulation. Able to distort her appendages to grotesque forms, upon contact with living begins she is able to control them.
    ORIGIN: Mr. Sinister decided once again to create the perfect mutant. Taking his prize clone and a powerful Zero DNA he created Kadia "a hideous failure". Zero was able to save the child before she was destroyed and now she resides in Japan. As she quickly got older she took on the name Goblyn in honor of her mother.
    Last edited by Shiver; 05-24-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Oh my God I love that. She reminds me of Morticia.

"Prettier than you"- Remy Shiver's Avatar

Hehe, I got very lazy with the legs so figured a dress would be easy to do.
    Was heavily inspired by the cartoon Morticia tentacle dress.
    Last edited by Shiver; 05-24-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    #53 Zero/Goblyn Queen

[IMG]http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd377/shiverness/art/GobylnMaster.png

REAL NAME: Kaida Uedo (Kaida means 'Little Dragon', just thought it was cute.)
    CODENAME: The Goblyn Master
    POWERS: Manipulation. Able to distort her appendages to grotesque forms, upon contact with living begins she is able to control them.
    ORIGIN: Mr. Sinister decided once again to create the perfect mutant. Taking his prize clone and a powerful Zero DNA he created Kadia "a hideous failure". Zero was able to save the child before she was destroyed and now she raised in Japan. As she got quickly got older she took on the name Goblyn in honor of her mother.
    Whoa! That looks awesome. lol @ Yivo
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 05-25-2012 at 03:15 AM.
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

Default Shroud

I bring you entry #11: Cloak/Gosamyr!
    (Because so many mutants seem to have combative powers, I wanted to create a hero whose actual mutation doesn't benefit her in a fight.)

Codename: Shroud
    Abilities: Teleportation, Intangibility, Invisibility. Extremely limited empathy, manipulation, and emotional/empathic transformation.

After gaining a degree of control over her emotion manipulating abilities, Gosamyr has returned to Earth to seek out her former love, Sunspot. Finally finding her former friends now living in San Francisco, she finds herself unable to connect with Bobby, rather she chooses to invisibly follow him until she builds up the courage to speak to him. It doesn't take her long to see that Bobby currently longs for his fellow teammate, Magma. Worried that Bobby forgot about her long ago and not wanting to interfere with Bobby's emotions, Gosamyr flees without ever confronting him. Heartbroken, she begins to wonder why she ever returned and why believed Bobby would still be there waiting. Letting her guard down for just a minute, she is attacked by the reformed Hellfire Club. Out of nowhere, Cloak and Dagger appear coming to her rescue.

After the emotionally-charged brawl, Gosamyr's control on her emotional ability slips. Instantly infatuated with her, Cloak teleports himself and Gosamyr away to safety (meanwhile leaving Dagger behind accidentally). The two spend the rest of the night learning all there is to know about each other. Telling her that "Sunspot is a fool to ever let someone as beautiful as you go," an emotionally broken Gosamyr and a manipulated Cloak end up consumating their new "relationship" at dawn. The next day, realizing what had happened, Gosamyr disappears.

Their alien/mutate origins resulted in a bizarre pregnancy. In about 4 months time, little Tanna was born (Tanna being an amalgamation of Cloak's partner Tandy and sister Anna). Stranger yet, over the next year Tanna quickly developed to the equivalent of a teenager/20 something Mutant before her aging process seemingly stopped. After showing signs of mutant abilites, Gosamyr decides the best thing for Tanna is to enroll her at Wolverine's new Jean Grey School. Here she is given a telepathic education from Rachel Grey to bring her "up to speed" to her peers.

Much to her annoyance, it seems she has inherited a degree of her mother's emotion manipulating abilities. While she is constantly fought over by Hellion and Kid Omega, nobody seems to notice the way she looks at Miss Coy Manh or how her hair turns pink whenever she hangs out with Cipher.

After gaining control of her powers, Tanna graduates from the Jean Grey School. Wolverine offers her a position at the school as a councelor where she may effectively use her empathic powers (as well as teleporting students to safety in the event of an attack)

Her primary abilities aren't technically part of her mutation. Rather, it is her limited manipulation and emotional transformations that are her x-gene powers. The transformation power is limited only to basic features. While her default appearance is similar to that of Gosamyr, she has created a new default with blue braided hair. In times of extremely heightened emotions, she will unintentionally change. In that regard, she literally lives life with her heart on her sleeve, but those around her appear oblivious to it.

Here's some rough doodles I had made in preparation for the final picture. As you can see, I wrestled with what her skin tone should be. I ultimately chose Gosamyr's complexion but tried to emphasize African features like fuller lips and a broader nose. (I'm not fully satisfied with that choice so I might change it before the X-Jam ends.)

By x_11 at 2012-05-24
    Last edited by X11; 05-24-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Aww cib, your colors look fantastic! I had no idea that you could digitally color (I obviously cannot), good job!

Love it X11 (as you well know I am a sucker for insight into the design process), she kind of reminds me of Tonks and Shadow Lass!

Thanks. The Tonks comparison was mostly intentional... Shadow Lass not so much. (although now that you say it I definately see it)

There's been alot of FANTASTIC entries so far!! I'm leery about choosing another number, so I think this time I'll just skip the backstory to make it easier. ;) Perhaps I'll take a stab at #19?
    Last edited by X11; 05-24-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by X11 View Post
    Thanks. The Tonks comparison was mostly intentional... Shadow Lass not so much. (although now that you say it I definately see it)

There's been alot of FANTASTIC entries so far!! I'm leery about choosing another number, so I think this time I'll just skip the backstory to make it easier. ;) Perhaps I'll take a stab at #19?
    lol. You've selected Rockslide/Lady Mastermind!

..............so wonderful....

Quote Originally Posted by pryde15 View Post
    lol. You've selected Rockslide/Lady Mastermind!
    .....yep. definately skipping a backstory/"how that works"

You could always say that Lady Mastermind was horny and created an illusion that made her look like Anole..

Ms. Marvel. He digs Ms. Marvel. He's about to bridge the gap between the X-Man and Avengers in AvX.