Default The way DC markets Action Comics volume 1..

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Actio...ref=pd_sim_b_5

Does anyone else find it odd there is no Action Comics on the cover it is just Super Man....
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

This isn't anything new - in fact, historically most recent Detective Comics volumes have been collected under "BATMAN: Whatever", (Batman: Detective, Batman: Death and the City, Batman: Private Casebook, Batman: Heart of Hush) and prior to the New 52, when Superman wasn't even starring in Action Comics during Rucka & Trautmann's "Nightwing & Flamebird" run, it was collected as "SUPERMAN: Nightwing & Flamebird" or something like it.

I don't think I'd personally be opposed to seeing "Action Comics" as a subtitle beneath Superman's name. Ditto Detective.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Well Action Comics is just the serial format for the monthly. People pick up this trade expecting to read about Superman, so that's what's important.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post
    I don't think I'd personally be opposed to seeing "Action Comics" as a subtitle beneath Superman's name. Ditto Detective.
    This seems to be the case with Detective which is why its a bit odd this isn't true for this volume of Superman. Subtle way of wanting to promote this as the main Superman version?

If they put Action Comics Volume 1 on it- I'm expecting stuff from 1938 inside.

DC and Marvel have both done this. The only time the title of the comic comes into play, is if it's a book that is specifically about that series. The JLI trade would have that as the title, same with Green Lantern Corps. But something like a solo book, well, it's always the character's name. Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, etc.

Well, it should be noted that it's a place holder cover to begin with (old logo and all)

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Well, it should be noted that it's a place holder cover to begin with (old logo and all)
    Yes, this is definitely not the final version. You can see it's not consistent art-direction wise (old logo, no transparent bottom bar with the creator's names...)
    with any of the new 52 collections that have been released,and since it's not out until August we likely wont see the final cover for many weeks.