Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
  1. #16
    Conceptual Condiment King MentalPace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Him jumping out of the shadows barking, WHERE'S RACHEL! ... It'd probably be pretty unstealthlike. But is probably the funniest thing I've imagined in awhile.

    I could just imagine him trying to interrogate one of them.

    Batman: You wanted me. Here I am.
    Chitauri: *confused stare*
    Batman: WHERE ARE THEY?!??
    Chitauri: *unintelligible clicking noises*
    Batman punches it in the hand.


    Kinda reminds me of this.

    Batman: What are you doing here Deadman?
    Deadman: We've only met when I was an invisible ghost talking through other people. How did you know it was me?
    Batman: I'm Batman.
    Deadman: Touché.

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I'm looking forward to DKR just to see them make of fun of Bane's voice.

  3. #18
    Amoral Unicorn of Justice FrenchGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MentalPace View Post
    Necro away. It'll be interesting to see how the perception of Nolan Bats as a fighter changes after TDKR as well, considering he'll have some opportunities for some solid hand to hand combat against Bane.

    I guess I give him a lot more credit than most people just because I've seen Batman Begins a lot more times than the Dark Knight, so I think primarily about his feats in BB, which were a lot more impressive. To put it in perspective, if I treated Batman from Begins and Dark Knight as completely different characters, I see BB Batman being able to take down Black Widow, while TDK Batman would not stand much of a chance.

    My only major problem with The Dark Knight was that Batman comes across as really weak compared to how he was depicted in the previous film. In Batman Begins, we see him easily dispatching four ninjas, jumping between buildings in the Tumbler, and taking out a whole group of henchmen with rifles in seconds without being seen at all. In the Dark Knight, he struggled against a couple of dogs, had a tough time fighting the Joker (who was basically just kicking him), and was down for a couple of minutes after getting shot by Two-Face.

    People also underrate the Tumbler. It has some pretty impressive feats of its own. After it takes a direct hit from the Joker's bazooka, Batman ejects the Batpod and blows it up, but prior to it self-destructing, the Tumbler looks to be in fairly decent shape, considering what it had just been through. The Chitauri weapons and Nick Fury's rocket launcher did comparable damage to fighter jets if I recall correctly, so the Tumbler should be able to do withstand Chitauri weapons for a brief time at least.

    The Chitauri ships weren't very maneuverable or well armored, so as long as the Batplane can turn decently it would give Batman a pretty good shot, maybe even the advantage.
    Agreed with all your points. What I've seen so far (trailers+leaked set videos) let me think that Bats will have better fighting feats this time around. And how ironic it is that Batman seemed faster in what is supposed to be the heavier, more cumbersome Batsuit . Not 100% sure the Tumbler (which is a CAAARRR!) could withstand the heavier Chitauri weapons, though (the lighter ones, well, the best they did was slightly harming Cap, even if he has superior durability so can't really see them doing significant damage to the Tumbler).

  4. #19
    Senior Member Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    batman voice

  5. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MentalPace View Post
    Necro away. It'll be interesting to see how the perception of Nolan Bats as a fighter changes after TDKR as well, considering he'll have some opportunities for some solid hand to hand combat against Bane.

    I guess I give him a lot more credit than most people just because I've seen Batman Begins a lot more times than the Dark Knight, so I think primarily about his feats in BB, which were a lot more impressive. To put it in perspective, if I treated Batman from Begins and Dark Knight as completely different characters, I see BB Batman being able to take down Black Widow, while TDK Batman would not stand much of a chance.

    My only major problem with The Dark Knight was that Batman comes across as really weak compared to how he was depicted in the previous film. In Batman Begins, we see him easily dispatching four ninjas, jumping between buildings in the Tumbler, and taking out a whole group of henchmen with rifles in seconds without being seen at all. In the Dark Knight, he struggled against a couple of dogs, had a tough time fighting the Joker (who was basically just kicking him), and was down for a couple of minutes after getting shot by Two-Face.

    People also underrate the Tumbler. It has some pretty impressive feats of its own. After it takes a direct hit from the Joker's bazooka, Batman ejects the Batpod and blows it up, but prior to it self-destructing, the Tumbler looks to be in fairly decent shape, considering what it had just been through. The Chitauri weapons and Nick Fury's rocket launcher did comparable damage to fighter jets if I recall correctly, so the Tumbler should be able to do withstand Chitauri weapons for a brief time at least.

    The Chitauri ships weren't very maneuverable or well armored, so as long as the Batplane can turn decently it would give Batman a pretty good shot, maybe even the advantage.

    He wasn't depicted as weaker.

    He had a tough time fighting Joker because Joker literally dogpiled him. Not only that, but his sonar vision was on the fritz. Joker was never, ever, remotely portrayed as being a match for Batman. And dogs are different than guys. That was the whole point. He got a suit change because of the dogs. If he'd been dogpiled in the first film the same thing would have happened to him.

  6. #21
    Conceptual Condiment King MentalPace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balto View Post
    He wasn't depicted as weaker.

    He had a tough time fighting Joker because Joker literally dogpiled him. Not only that, but his sonar vision was on the fritz. Joker was never, ever, remotely portrayed as being a match for Batman. And dogs are different than guys. That was the whole point. He got a suit change because of the dogs. If he'd been dogpiled in the first film the same thing would have happened to him.

    I disagree. While the sonar and the dogs make sense within in the plot, there's nothing in the Dark Knight where Batman displays the kind of ability seen in this clip.




    The stuff he does in that clip is closer to the way he fights in the Rocksteady games than The Dark Knight. While he's hardly incompetent in TDK, there's none of the near-superhuman speed and stealth that he possesses in Begins. I'm not saying that he looks weak in TDK, just that he's comparatively weaker. I don't have a problem with the fight scenes in TDK themselves, it's more that I wish we got to see more of the stealthly predator stuff that sets Batman apart from other action movie heroes.
    Last edited by MentalPace; 05-24-2012 at 12:09 PM.
    Batman: What are you doing here Deadman?
    Deadman: We've only met when I was an invisible ghost talking through other people. How did you know it was me?
    Batman: I'm Batman.
    Deadman: Touché.

  7. #22
    Senior Member Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,362

    Default

    What he was saying is that while Bats didn't have that many good showings in TDK he didn't have any low showings either. Mainly because he never really fought any thugs (the few that were around were in flight mode not fight mode) since so much of the movie he was in detective mode not standard street level mode.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •