Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I don't mind the pain Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Bad Brains -"Bad Brains"
    Danzig -"Danzig III: How The Gods Kill"
    Danzig -"Deth Red Saboath"
    The Cramps -"Songs The Lord Taught Us"
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, Frankenstein Alive Alive, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy in Hell, King Conan: The Conquerer, Minimum Wage, Stray Bullets: Killers

Another copy of Hail Hornet's Dispurse the Curse. Kind of winding down on cds though.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

The Gaslight Anthem, Handwritten. Not as good as The '59 Sound or American Slang, but still a very strong effort. I do think they're trying a bit too hard for more mainstream appeal, though, and that takes away some of their charm as a lot of their brilliance was in the rough edges.

Alabama Shakes- good record. I've heard they are great live and this record gives a taste of why. A really strong voice and some great grooves.

Best Coast "The Only Place"- a much more mature record musically. Having Jon Brion produce was a good move. They turn the fuzz way down, and it plays up their pop and country rock leanings, but in a good way. Lyrically, she's still no Dylan or anything but the music is there.

Real Estate "Days"- Kind of reminds me of stuff I was listening to in the late 90s. Not a record for "rocking out" but one I enjoy from start to finish sitting at my desk or in the car.
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

Now 82 on my iPod, most of the songs are dreadful I've only kept:
    Call me maybe/Laserlight/My kind of love/Picking up the pieces/Primadonna/Princess of China/RIP/Starships/Too close/We are young/Whistle/Young/
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Channel Orange-Frank Ocean
    Royalty-Childish Gambino (Free DL, but still)

Loving the Frank Ocean right now. Been a little turned off by current music lately, so I've been raiding the used sections in stores that still have those things.

Country Funk 1969-1975
    Black Keys-El Camino
    The Music Of Cars Land
    Dion-Bronx In Blue
    PULL LIST: The Wake, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Saga, Chew, Lazarus, Mind MGMT, Sergio Aragones' Funnies, Lumberjanes

Just pre-ordered Ufomammut's Oro - Opus Alter digitally. If the cd came with a dvd of the amazing videos these fellas create I would have ordered that in.

Picture Goblin, Pink Floyd and Sabbath with droning/background vocals - you get the idea.

The Jesus Lizard Liar - Ok, I did get this 20 years ago when it came out but I didn't appreciate it as much then. I might have made a cassette dub of a few songs but that was lost to time. A stone classic. Snarling, angular, and dense without being overly complicated. Steve Albini's production really captures what they can do.

Sugar Copper Blue/Beaster reissue -another one from 20 years ago! I actually never got the whole record, I think I just had the "Helpless" CD single. Too bad because these are really good records. Bob Mould is a guitar fiend and continued to prove he could write a great pop song with energy, guitar heroics and depth and make it work.
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

In This Moment- Blood A-fricken-mazing!

Death in June "DISCriminate." Amazing work, and needed for my next manuscript.

Quote Originally Posted by Romero View Post
    Sugar Copper Blue/Beaster reissue -another one from 20 years ago! I actually never got the whole record, I think I just had the "Helpless" CD single. Too bad because these are really good records. Bob Mould is a guitar fiend and continued to prove he could write a great pop song with energy, guitar heroics and depth and make it work.
    Oddly enough, I just bought Mould's new album, Silver Age, over the weekend. In my opinion, it's the most solid album he's put out since Sugar broke up. Superchunk's Jon Wurster plays drums, which elevates it above a lot of Mould's latter solo work, where he often played the drums himself. Definitely worth checking out.

Ufomammut's Oro - Opus Alter is just great. One of a very few albums I can listen to all the way through (the last track is the only one that is not so great compared to the rest.)
    Very glad I did the pre-order through iTunes.

I don't mind the pain Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Wormrot -"Abuse" (One of the best grindcore bands out currently. Straight out from the Philippines.)
    Deicide -"Deicide"
    Autopsy -"Severed Survival + Retribution for the Dead"
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, Frankenstein Alive Alive, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy in Hell, King Conan: The Conquerer, Minimum Wage, Stray Bullets: Killers