Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    I don't mind the pain Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Default Recent CD's/music You've Purchased

Here's a thread to post about your latest trips to the record store and what you bought!!!......or downloaded.

So this year I've already bought about 6 cd's compared to 1 in the past four years, but that's because I've gotten most of music through downloads. So here are my most recent purchases:

Classical Horror -Mostly a collection of classical music like Danse Macabre and the likes.
    Carcass -"Reek of Putrefaction" CD/DVD
    Danzig -4p
    Danzig -"Thrall-Demonsweatlive" EP
    Terrorizer -World Downfall"
    Napalm Death -"Utopia Banished"
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, Frankenstein Alive Alive, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy in Hell, King Conan: The Conquerer, Minimum Wage, Stray Bullets: Killers

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Except for the new Van Halen album a month or so ago, the only things I've bought this year have been from local artists.

Dirty Dozen Brass Band -- Twenty Dozen
    Tom McDermott & Meschiya Lake -- Live @ The Chickie Wah Wah
    Paul Sanchez & the Rolling Road Show -- Reclamation of the Pie-Eyed Piper

I really have not been that impressed with most of what I've heard this year. I really hope it improves.
    Last edited by The Black Guardian; 05-19-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Spiritualized-- Sweet Heart Sweet Light. Really great album, and certainly my favorite album of the year so far (but there's a lot of great stuff that's supposed to be backloaded into the latter quarter of the year, so that may change.) Jason Pierce has had a rough decade with health problems, and the blissful drugged out vibe of Spacemen 3 and early Spiritualized records has turned into something more concerned with life and death while still sounding absolutely pristine. It's really powerful stuff, and I can't recommend it highly enough.

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

The self-titled debut from Unisonic.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I bought these within the past few weeks:

Light Asylum "Light Asylum"
    Trust "TRST"
    Automelodi "Automelodi"

Hrm, they're all essentially eponymous albums, too. Quite a coincidence.

NOT Bucky O'Hare! The Confessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Spiritualized-- Sweet Heart Sweet Light. Really great album, and certainly my favorite album of the year so far (but there's a lot of great stuff that's supposed to be backloaded into the latter quarter of the year, so that may change.) Jason Pierce has had a rough decade with health problems, and the blissful drugged out vibe of Spacemen 3 and early Spiritualized records has turned into something more concerned with life and death while still sounding absolutely pristine. It's really powerful stuff, and I can't recommend it highly enough.

How would you say it compares to the likes of Laser Guided Melodies, Ladies & Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space and Let It Come Down? I love those albums but found Amazing Grace and Songs from A&E to be a bit of a let down after the creative heights of the band's first four albums. I was probably gonna give the new album a miss, to be honest.
    MY PULL LIST
    Astro City • Kick-Ass 3 • Star Wars: Dark Times • Superior Spider-Man

Summertine sadness, LDR.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    How would you say it compares to the likes of Laser Guided Melodies, Ladies & Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space and Let It Come Down? I love those albums but found Amazing Grace and Songs from A&E to be a bit of a let down after the creative heights of the band's first four albums. I was probably gonna give the new album a miss, to be honest.
    I would say it's their best album since Ladies & Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space, which is obviously their signature work. Not as trippy as that album, and maybe about 50-50 uptempo stuff and slow burners. The problem I've had with Let It Come Down, Amazing Grace, and Songs from A&E was that they were very inconsistant-- one or two excellent songs, then a bunch of stuff that sounded like vintage Spiritualized, but not quite as impressive. Sweet Heart Sweet Light is pretty excellent throughout the whole album.

I don't mind the pain Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Got these last weekend:

Carcass -"Symphonies of Sickness" CD/DVD
    Haemorrhage -"Grume"
    Johnny Cash -"American IV: Man Comes Around" CD/DVD
    Johnny Cash -"The Legend of Johnny Cash"
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, Frankenstein Alive Alive, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy in Hell, King Conan: The Conquerer, Minimum Wage, Stray Bullets: Killers

I picked up the debut album from Reverence. It's called When Darkness Calls and features ex-Savatage drummer Steve "Dr. Killdrums" Wacholz.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

This week, I got:

Aesop Rock - Skelethon
    Mission of Burma - Unsound
    The Smashing Pumpkins - Oceania

I'm really enjoying the Pumpkins album, it's a return to form. Listened to half of the Mission of Burma album this morning (pretty good so far), and I'm waiting to listen to the Aesop Rock album until I can focus on it and listen to it without any distractions.

Lita Ford's Living Like a Runaway
    I'm on Twitter

BANNED

Frank Ocean's coming out letter garnered much attention last week. The results were overwhelmingly positive, "I support Frank" posts are all over tumblr and his image and cd covers have become ubiquitous as well. The few detractors he has look like bigoted, closed minded, dinosaurs; as ignorant as Archie Bunker.

Nikbag's bs commentary
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfBkHFQYwQ4&feature=plcp

Frank Ocean has the last laugh though, because his "Channel Orange" joint is FIRE! It's like Maxwell on acid. He can't sing that well but the music takes over. It's a real album, no other young R&B cat can see him. This is a magnum opus. The hype generated by his coming out letter combined with his superior product was marketing genius. This dude done blown up, for real!

"Thinkin Bout You"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pJF2cXr_3Y

"Sweet Life"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hIoI...feature=relmfu

"Super Rich Kids"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikBpH...eature=related

"Pink Matter ft. Andre 3000"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUcn_l-zn48

Power Within - Dragonforce
    From Refuge to Ruin - Dark Empire
    Elysium - Stratovarius
    Halestorm - Halestorm
    and the two Lonely Island albums
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

UpcDownc - Cavaleras
    Sonic Youth - Hits Are For Squares
    Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss
    Amplifier - The Octopus
    Mogwai - Hardcore Will Never Die But You Will
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy