Page 392 of 395 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395 LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 5912
  1. #5866
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    24,751

    Default

    how nice. years of dedication and compelling story-telling from the x-office railroaded so that a lack-luster and unimaginative title that can't meet its own deadlines could be born and flourish.

  2. #5867
    The curious one.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    14,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It wouldn't have necessarily been bad if it was a solo X-Men story.

    But I think because the decimation really began with House of M, which was a joint X-Men/Avenger story they felt it was appropriate to end it with one as well.

    Plus, this story was essentially and end point to an entire era of marvel comics that arguably started with Bendis Disassembled. So I think they believed it was fitting. And it also helps lead into Uncanny Avengers.

    As far as putting Scotts characters in the trash... right now he's essentially the patron saint of the X board. So he seems good.
    I guess there is nothing like killing another character to make a hero more popular.

  3. #5868
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    59,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    how nice. years of dedication and compelling story-telling from the x-office railroaded so that a lack-luster and unimaginative title that can't meet its own deadlines could be born and flourish.
    I'm not sure really anyone got rail roaded. Bendis was really the guy that started the whole thing with Disassembled and House of M. So it made sense that he was not only a major architect of AvX, but the guy that went on to continue writing the X books. There's actually a lot of symatry there if you think about it.

  4. #5869
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    24,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not sure really anyone got rail roaded. Bendis was really the guy that started the whole thing with Disassembled and House of M. So it made sense that he was not only a major architect of AvX, but the guy that went on to continue writing the X books. There's actually a lot of symatry there if you think about it.
    of course you wouldn't. you have never seemed particularly invested in the x-men stories apart from how they affect avenger books. so i can understand why you can't see how much of an embarrassment avx was for all parties concerned.

  5. #5870
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    59,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    of course you wouldn't. you have never seemed particularly invested in the x-men stories apart from how they affect avenger books. so i can understand why you can't see how much of an embarrassment avx was for all parties concerned.
    Well, if you don't like it then you don't like it.

    Either way, I think X fans ended up getting some pretty good X books out of it in Marvel Now. So I think the X franchise looks pretty good coming out of AvX.

  6. #5871
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    24,751

    Default

    making lemonade out of lemons is what x-men usually do.

  7. #5872
    Elder Member celticguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    making lemonade out of lemons is what x-men usually do.


    Odin on a cracker another one who thinks they are real.

  8. #5873
    Elder Member celticguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    I guess there is nothing like killing another character to make a hero more popular.

    Which death made who more popular? How are you making that leap?

  9. #5874
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    59,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    making lemonade out of lemons is what x-men usually do.
    As X-Men are fictional beings that don't really exist, I'm hesitant to give them too much credit.

    I'll give Bendis credit for putting out a pretty solid X book. But he got there through the the ground work he himself layed out in AvX, House of M, and Disassembled.

  10. #5875
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    24,751

    Default

    odin on a cracker!

  11. #5876
    Veteran Member gregyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by celticguy View Post
    Odin on a cracker another one who thinks they are real.
    Lol, I don't get this post at all.

  12. #5877
    Veteran Member gregyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    As X-Men are fictional beings that don't really exist, I'm hesitant to give them too much credit.

    I'll give Bendis credit for putting out a pretty solid X book. But he got there through the the ground work he himself layed out in AvX, House of M, and Disassembled.
    What? Disassembled literally has NOTHING to do with ANY of the NOW X-titles.

  13. #5878
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    59,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    What? Disassembled literally has NOTHING to do with ANY of the NOW X-titles.
    I think that entire era of marvel can essentially be book ended with Diassembled and AvX.

    It started with Wanda going nuts in Disassembled, which let to her depowering mutants in House of M, a problem which was eventually reversed in AvX. And Marvel Now is the fall out from that. That's what I meant by ground work. You can actually track the progress of the story event to event starting with Diassembled to where we are now.

  14. #5879
    Veteran Member gregyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think that entire era of marvel can essentially be book ended with Diassembled and AvX.

    It started with Wanda going nuts in Disassembled, which let to her depowering mutants in House of M, a problem which was eventually reversed in AvX. And Marvel Now is the fall out from that. That's what I meant by ground work. You can actually track the progress of the story event to event starting with Diassembled to where we are now.
    Disassembled had a huge impact on the Avengers to be sure, but is has nothing to do with the X-men.

  15. #5880
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    59,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    Disassembled had a huge impact on the Avengers to be sure, but is has nothing to do with the X-men.
    House of M had a pretty big effect on the X-Universe. And that story really began with Disassembled. Like I said, I think the ground work was being layed out there.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •