Page 313 of 395 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 5912
    Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    Dan Slott was saying the same thing. He said why would we make stories to intentionally piss off people that we need to buy our product. The people that think that writers do that IMO have issues,
    Not only that but they're pretty selfish.
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

They haven't pissed me off. They've broken my heart.

The curious one.

I'm just telling you what the writer said. So show me where is said the those five mutants could be used without the original? I'm really asking. I just would like to see it. I don't read X-Men too much. Unless you know more than the guy that writes it.
    No, I'm just asking do you go by the comic or by the interview? Because if you buy the issue and it says one thing and the writer later says another which do you go by?

The curious one.

Dan Slott was saying the same thing. He said why would we make stories to intentionally piss off people that we need to buy our product. The people that think that writers do that IMO have issues,
    He can think what he will, I've seen no reason to change my opinion. Entertainment is part of it I'm sure, but also part of it is the more controversy and anger the story has the higher the sales seem to be. So I do think that a part of the writing process -and probably more of the marketing process- involves the question: How angry will this make people? Angry enough to be interested or angry enough not to buy the story?

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

When he said that, he's either lying or ignorant... or both. This is an age where writers purposely troll fandom as routine, either through their work or on the net. It actually assists sales, and most know this.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    When he said that, he's either lying or ignorant... or both. This is an age where writers purposely troll fandom as routine, either through their work or on the net. It actually assists sales, and most know this.
    Yes. Because they definitely go out of there way to piss you off. LOL! And of course you know more than Slott because you write comics and work for a Marvel. Do you work Marvel? Just want to know as you know more than the people that actually work there. The same people that say Marvel trolls their fans and pisses them off then say out the other side of their mouth that Marvel does anything to get money. You are basically saying that writers get together to plan ways to troll fans. They troll the net because I mean it's not like they have anything else to do. Just to get ideas to piss off fans. LMAO. You have some issues you really need to work out. Also why would you piss someone off not to buy you're product, when at the same time your all about money?! Hypocrisy is funny and sad.
    Last edited by TonyStark1012; 01-08-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    He can think what he will, I've seen no reason to change my opinion. Entertainment is part of it I'm sure, but also part of it is the more controversy and anger the story has the higher the sales seem to be. So I do think that a part of the writing process -and probably more of the marketing process- involves the question: How angry will this make people? Angry enough to be interested or angry enough not to buy the story?
    Well if that' how you feel. Then don't buy into it. If you are sure about that then supporting them does no good. By buying their books either from stores, through subscription or digitally. No matter what kind of discount you get. They still get your money.
    Last edited by TonyStark1012; 01-08-2013 at 01:03 PM.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    They haven't pissed me off. They've broken my heart.
    I understand where you coming from. I felt that way before.

Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Yeah right. You just take this stuff personal. That's on you. I don't for a second believe that writers actually "troll" readers. Prove this.
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Brown View Post
    Yeah right. You just take this stuff personal. That's on you. I don't for a second believe that writers actually "troll" readers. Prove this.
    Yeah. If he thinks Slott is ignorant or that he is intentionally lying. Why not ask him? He is here quite a bit. I would like to seem him ask Slott why he's ignorant or lying, but that won't happen as it's better to say that here and not actually ask the man. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Brown View Post
    If Marvel writers get a call from upstairs to promote an upcoming film in their comics then they do it, it's just the way companies work. It's all about making money not pleasing a minority hardcore comic fan base. After the big events marvel writers are forced to pick up all the peaces, and do as much damage control as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    That's a very cynical outlook to take to comic writing. If you think writers just sit around thinking up controversial ways to upset the comic norms, what is the point of creative writing at all? Why not just kill and smash things willy nilly just for the shock value and to hell with making any sense of it all? What I see is the evolution of a set of circumstances that lead to a growth of the characters because of each new experience, not some pointless blather intended to mock its readership.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    That's a very cynical outlook to take to comic writing. If you think writers just sit around thinking up controversial ways to upset the comic norms, what is the point of creative writing at all? Why not just kill and smash things willy nilly just for the shock value and to hell with making any sense of it all? What I see is the evolution of a set of circumstances that lead to a growth of the characters because of each new experience, not some pointless blather intended to mock its readership.
    "Peter Parker fans will just fade away." Is what I recall Dan Slot said about Superior Spiderman. I think shock value is a large part of the writing strategy, I think shock value is a major part of their marketing strategy and I think that in order to shock they shredded characters with wildly inconsistent characterizations and forced plots that have turned heroes into villains and made the villains largely obsolete. After a hero has been turned into a villain I for one am not interested in seeing his tortured path toward redemption. Mainly because I know that its going to be there, that the only reason he became a villain was to force the plot forward in a big event and that the redemption story is already done and in a year -even though he might have hurt or even killed- everyone will be happy friends again and it will be forgotten. It becomes to me a bland, predictable story and the only real question is who are they going to turn bad this year?
    Last edited by Mark_S; 01-12-2013 at 04:58 AM.

The curious one.

Well if that' how you feel. Then don't buy into it. If you are sure about that then supporting them does no good. By buying their books either from stores, through subscription or digitally. No matter what kind of discount you get. They still get your money.
    I got a She-Hulk from 1993 out of the dollar bin this week. Though it may help marvel I don't mind that much.m It is easy to say just walk away, don't buy it if you don't like it, but it can be hard to do when they come out with storyline after storyline based on division of the fan base. Say what you will but I can't see AvX as a uniting storyline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Well, Mark Waid DID say in an interview that his reasons for killing off Ice when he was writing the Justice League WAS to provoke a reaction out of fans and get their attention.

Granted, he did admit that it wasn't a good idea a little while later. But, yeah, I think some writers DO try to think of ways to shock fans. And I do think that creators CAN confuse "shocking" people with "upsetting" them. They try create a story that will get fans attention, but underestimate their reaction.

AND I can see some creators having "fun" with the more "trollish" aspects of fandom. Needling and provoking those more reactionary elements of the fandom in order to GET some sort of response. And I'd be lying if I say that I don't understand SOME of that appeal. However, I think the problem with THAT is the creators might have trouble separating those "trollish" aspects of the fandom with anyone who disagrees with them and basically treats anyone who isn't positive and supportive as simply those "with an axe to grind." In addition, while the "trollish" or more reactionary members of the fandom might be easy to provoke, it doesn't mean that their concerns are without validity or that any other fans might share similar concerns.

It's a tricky road, trying to get attention. There are good ways to go about it, and there are bad ways. And I don't think that simply because someone is a comic book creator they make the best decisions ALL the time...