Page 312 of 395 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 5912

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon Phantom View Post
    But the training not being completed is the whole point. The original issue was that the training done by the Iron Fist was shown quite similar to what Scott had attempted to have Hope do in the beginning of the event, and that the only differences between the two trainings was both Spider-man's involvement (which amounted to nothing shown/recon to Wanda's words) and the final act of fighting that anti-Phoenix dragon (which Hope never got too). These are things shown in the comic. So my claim that all that could have been accomplished without Iron Fist(Avengers) is fully valid by what we were shown, since as you acknowledged, only the first part of the training at most was needed. And since she would have gotten that in either outcome...
    The fact that Hope was able to perform the Iron Fist demonstrates that she likely learned a few things from Danny that she couldn't learn from Scott. Unless of course, Scott can perform the Iron Fist and I just happened to miss it. There are probably a million things Danny can teach Hope in training that Scott can't. Scott is a descent fighter, but Danny is on a whole other level.

The bottom line is that until you can site something in the actual book which states that the Kun Lun training wasn't necessary, it's your word against the books. And with all due respect, that's kind of a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The fact that Hope was able to perform the Iron Fist demonstrates that she likely learned a few things from Danny that she couldn't learn from Scott. Unless of course, Scott can perform the Iron Fist and I just happened to miss it. There are probably a million things Danny can teach Hope in training that Scott can't. Scott is a descent fighter, but Danny is on a whole other level.
    Those seem mutually exclusive though, as the Iron Fist action had nothing to do with the final result.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The bottom line is that until you can site something in the actual book which states that the Kun Lun training wasn't necessary, it's your word against the books. And with all due respect, that's kind of a no brainer.
    But the book does tell us that there was another way to restore mutants, involving the Lights, which was the way things were actually suppose to go. I pointed that out before.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

But the book does tell us that there was another way to restore mutants, involving the Lights, which was the way things were actually suppose to go. I pointed that out before.
    It had already been stated that since one of the original lights wasn't around anymore. It's couldn't be done. Again. Before Kun Lun, Hope couldn't handle the phoenix. After kun lun she could. That is fact.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

BANNED

hope created a replacement light in case one of them died (kenji). it was a telepathic baby. that theory doesn't hold up, tonystark.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    hope created a replacement light in case one of them died (kenji). it was a telepathic baby. that theory doesn't hold up, tonystark.
    That's not what the writer said who wrote it in an interview here on CBR. Kenji wasn't an original. That's why it wouldn't work. I'll go by the writer.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    It had already been stated that since one of the original lights wasn't around anymore. It's couldn't be done. Again. Before Kun Lun, Hope couldn't handle the phoenix. After kun lun she could. That is fact.
    Except there was an extra Light, so there still was five as needed. And yes, that is a fact, but not that there was no other possible way, especially when as mentioned Hope didn't even complete that training.

Except there was an extra Light, so there still was five as needed. And yes, that is a fact, but not that there was no other possible way, especially when as mentioned Hope didn't even complete that training.
    She got enough of it to make it work apparently and as for the lights. Kieron Gillen had an interview on here saying that it wasn't the original five lights so it wouldn't work. I wish I could pull it up.

She got enough of it to make it work apparently and as for the lights. Kieron Gillen had an interview on here saying that it wasn't the original five lights so it wouldn't work. I wish I could pull it up.
    And considering we saw what the training would involve, it was basically the same training she was already getting before they got interrupted. Never saw that, and got to say that really doesn't make sense.

And considering we saw what the training would involve, it was basically the same training she was already getting before they got interrupted. Never saw that, and got to say that really doesn't make sense.
    Well it was different enough to make it work. Now I do agree with you that some stuff didn't make a much sense, but what happened can't be argued.

The curious one.

Was that in the issue or only in the interview? Does the interview trump the actual events in the comic now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    Was that in the issue or only in the interview? Does the interview trump the actual events in the comic now?
    the canon doesn't support that accusation, so we have no choice but to dismiss it.

I'm just telling you what the writer said. So show me where is said the those five mutants could be used without the original? I'm really asking. I just would like to see it. I don't read X-Men too much. Unless you know more than the guy that writes it.
    Last edited by TonyStark1012; 01-07-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Just Sayin'

It's far easier to generate anger than it is to extinguish it. The marvel writers set out to generate anger, they never bother to think about ways of extinguishing it. I believe that they like us angry and arguing with each other.
    This isn't true. Writers just try to write entertaining stories.
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

Just Sayin'

Exactly! Thank you XPac. It's not hard to understand. It's in the books!
    I thought that part was obvious. Not sure why people are trying to debate against it.
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Brown View Post
    This isn't true. Writers just try to write entertaining stories.
    Dan Slott was saying the same thing. He said why would we make stories to intentionally piss off people that we need to buy our product. The people that think that writers do that IMO have issues,