Page 304 of 395 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 5912

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, that's why anti-mutant sentiment is at an all-time high following Scotts attempt to destroy humanity in AvX. Cause everyone's cool with it.
    That is why there are pro-mutant demonstrations now
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Wrong! If cyke stopped them the first time and followed through with his plan the earth would've been destroyed that would include mutants.

Most writers and editors have pointed this out and still many cant pull their own heads out their rear ends to accept this along with Logan and Hopes bargain.
    We can't forget the Avengers' horrifically idiotic plan to kill the Phoenix. Or Wolverine's attempt at ending the world (twice!)

The curious one.

Given that history is malleable depending upon who writes it has there been any idea of how the press in the mu has covered the entire affair?

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Wrong! If cyke stopped them the first time and followed through with his plan the earth would've been destroyed that would include mutants.

Most writers and editors have pointed this out and still many cant pull their own heads out their rear ends to accept this along with Logan and Hopes bargain.
    They both would have doomed the Earth with their respective plans. What happened needed to happen. Doesn't change the fact that its possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read in comics. Carrying buckets of water made Hope ready for the Phoenix? Even Jason Aaron publicly apologized for writing that scene.

What's next, Cap will beat Thanos by having a Rocky IV training montage? Cyclops will beat Galactus by doing push ups? Good god.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    What's next, Cap will beat Thanos by having a Rocky IV training montage? Cyclops will beat Galactus by doing push ups? Good god.
    yes, but it has to happen in a magical city.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    That is why there are pro-mutant demonstrations now
    As I said, the actual books tell us that the level of trust in the mutant populace is at an all time low. If whatever gains they may have made in terms of popularity are overshadowed by the losses.

Uncanny labeled Scott at one point the most hated mutant on earth. Which sort of makes sense... typically trying to destroy all of humanity isn't that great a way to win people over.

BANNED

Uncanny labeled Scott at one point the most hated mutant on earth. Which sort of makes sense... typically trying to destroy all of humanity isn't that great a way to win people over.
    uncanny avenger? that is full of false propaganda engineered to make the book seem like its relevant. we'll let bendis decide what's going on with the mutants, thank you very much.

They both would have doomed the Earth with their respective plans. What happened needed to happen. Doesn't change the fact that its possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read in comics. Carrying buckets of water made Hope ready for the Phoenix? Even Jason Aaron publicly apologized for writing that scene.

I think the fault in your assumption is that carrying buckets of water was the ONLY thing Hope did on Kun Lun. That was never stated, and we did in fact get flashbacks of Hope training with Iron Fist.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    uncanny avenger? that is full of false propaganda engineered to make the book seem like its relevant. we'll let bendis decide what's going on with the mutants, thank you very much.
    No, it was Uncanny X-Men actually. It might have said it in Uncanny Avengers too, but Uncanny X-Men is where I specifically recall it being mentioned.

Like I said, typically trying to destroy all of humanity isn't a great way to win people over. Some people actually like humanity not being destroyed, believe it or not.

BANNED

I think the fault in your assumption is that carrying buckets of water was the ONLY thing Hope did on Kun Lun. That was never stated, and we did in fact get flashbacks of Hope training with Iron Fist.
    deal with it. it was a bogus scene and totally illogical. the writer even apologized for it. it's lunacy to even try and give that credit.

Keeping Hope on planet to allow it to happen? that was in all twelve books, It takes real bias to miss it
    That didn't restore the mutant gene. That certainly helped Hope achieve that goal... as did many things that a lot of other people did. But that didn't restore it, anymore than Iron Fists or Starks or Spider-Man actions did.

Hope restored the mutant gene. Not Cyclops or Iron Fist or Spider-Man or Iron Man or any of the other dozens of characters that helped Hope achieve that goal. It was Hope.

That didn't restore the mutant gene. That certainly helped Hope achieve that goal... as did many things that a lot of other people did. But that didn't restore it, anymore than Iron Fists or Starks or Spider-Man actions did.

Hope restored the mutant gene. Not Cyclops or Iron Fist or Spider-Man or Iron Man or any of the other dozens of characters that helped Hope achieve that goal. It was Hope.
    Cyclops saved the mutant race. Deal with it. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    Cyclops saved the mutant race. Deal with it. ;)
    Me dealing with it isn't a problem.

I think both Hope and Cyclops got the credit they deserve for their actions in AvX in the actual books at least, so I'm good.

It's because no one understood the "balancing" aspect since he's dealing with a new generation of readers who probably know little to jack on Martial Arts and Ying and Yang to begin with so for me I understood it to you its stupid.

After a the Avengers Won a fight, not voluntarily
    What fight did they win again? The X-Men GAVE UP. They weren't CAPTURED.
    So what, they did not have the Consent of the people involved, that was obvous
    If you're referring to the MINORS at the school, I'm sure their legal guardians either gave consent or would have removed them.
    I understand enough of it to understand that being assassinated in custody is not part of due process.
    Neither is mental torture or slowing devouring minds and souls.